Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Team Rick Or Team Daryl??

Discussion in 'Episode 805 - The Big Scary U' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh i thought he and Jolie split up because of his drinking and his "parenting style" or something like that.

2. tink

tink Well-Known Member

He was supposedly cheating with an actress he was working with.

The parenting thing she withdrew almost right away.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

Thats the best headline I've ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

R&D are on the same team.
    The end of the play fighting clearly shows this too.

The only teams are really the murdering Saviors and everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

No then are you Team Teams or Team No Teams?

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

This made me angry. I thought it was stupid and the attempts at humour after... bleh.
    I'm team zombies for this one. hahaha

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

They're all on some moral gradient I guess. Oddly enough, Rick and Negan to me are the most moderate and there seems to be some great parallels in how each leader is seemingly working to not only beat each other, but to maintain their own ranks. Negan has to deal with his lieutenants and Rick is dealing with some in his crew (Morgan, Tara, and Daryl).

Anyways, Rick and Negan both have pragmatic views on killing (the latter is more twisted though). Unlike Jesus, Rick will kill savior soldiers, but unlike Daryl will spare workers. I'm inclined to side with the Jesus end of the spectrum though because he's right: there is war, and then there is peace. To borrow logic from Negan, if you kill the wrong people you've effectively undermined the whole point of developing a civilization. People are a resource and we finally got a chance to see how Negan actually (crazily enough) evokes genuine belief at the Sanctuary. Rick does this as well throughout the whole series. I thought that All Out War was a war of philosophy, but honestly it's just a pissing match about implementation considering how similar each leader is in principle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Bettie

Bettie Active Member

I really can see both of their points here and I can see where both approaches could work and, in the end, be right.

However, I come down on Rick's "don't kill the innocents" side, but just barely after hearing them all praying to that psychopath they have as their leader.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I definitely can see both sides of Daryl and Rick. But that scene could've been done better. It just seemed staged and predictable. Like they needed some action! Just ridiculous.

10. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I saw two brothers fighting. I saw confusion, anger, ALOT of hesitation, I saw holding back and i saw when it came down to being in danger, one reached down with his hand to get the other out of there despite how angry they both still were. And then when they parted ways, the viewer KNEW it wasn't forever nor was it in hate. Hardly predictable or staged. Team Daryl or Team Rick is moot. There won't be a side to pick for long. These two have too deep of a bond.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Apollonia

Thank you. Getting pretty fed up with the constant bitching about how their fight scene was staged. Anyone with a brother or sister has had fights like that. In fact, im planning on having one with Pat when i go down in 9 days!!! Put em up @zombiemom62!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Oh most definitely! My sister and I have had fights that would make people think we were mortal enemies and then 10 minutes later it's like nothing ever happened.

Plus i don't think this came out of nowhere - Rick tried to stop Daryl from shooting Morales, and he also wasn't happy when Daryl shot the savior who gave them directions to the gun stash. This fight was only a matter of time!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Daryl should've fought Rick after Carol was exiled from the prison in S4. :mad:

15. Apollonia

They didnt have time. They were interrupted by Tyrese first then by Governor's attack.

16. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

An angry Daryl got in Rick's face twice during the confrontation, but no punches were thrown. When Daryl cooled down, he and Rick went to find Tyreese and tell him that Carol killed the sickly Karen and David, but Tyreese interrupted them with the discovery of a mutilated rat (Lizzie's handiwork). The Governor attacked moments later.

A scenario where Daryl and Rick got into a fight, but were interrupted by the Governor's attack, would've been much better.

17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

oh, I'm ready. Since we don't have snow here, I've got a whole stash of spit balls to shot at you when you're not looking. :p:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Apollonia

As long as those spitballs contain that yummy bacon you throw as many of them at me as you possibly could. LOL.

20. Mell95

Mell95 Member

Ok, here's alooot to say;
    First of all, Rick, seriously, dude?! you throw that pack of dynamite to the car ?! do you have ANY idea it can blow everything, man?!o_O

Second of all, a war is NEVER fair!! you dont start a war, but when you did, you have to already admit all the casualties and unfairness !! (i cant remember the exact quote, but it was said in The Dark Knight movie too, that the casualties are part of the war!!)
    as i said before, nothing is settled, they're in the MIDDLE of a WAR !!

And then finally, i REALLY cant get it; Rick is ok to kill people that he doesnt even KNOW in their SLEEP, but now that he almost lost his EVERYTHING (friends, people, dignity, almost son,....), he's playing the role of a saint?!

I dont want to say who's "right" or "wrong"; all i'm saying is that IF you are ok to kill people in their SLEEP, and lead a huge crowd of walkers to the place where "innocent" people are, so you shouldnt fight like that with your best friend who's saved you many times JUST because he wants to END this all !!!!

you're a LEADER !! you SHOULD know that you HAVE TO win a war that you started !! (you could be one of Negan's b*tches, but you chose not to be !). So you should know you need your friends, people, allies.....whoever has proven his/her loyalty to you and they are strong enough to help you win this war !!!