Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Tell It To The Frogs - My Personal Review

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - Tell It to the Frogs' started by Lewk00t, Apr 1, 2013.

1. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

TELL IT TO THE FROGS

Here's my third review, I'm going to do these more to pass time during the break before season 4.

Tell it to the Frogs isn't one of my favourite episodes, but I have to say the directing of the episode was pretty damn brilliant, thanks to Gwyneth Horder-Payton (?). I thought the directing and the way the camera panned around delirious Merle in the opening minutes was pretty great. It was also solid directing when at the end of the episode on the rooftop, the camera pans to the hacksaw, slowly, to Merle's hand, a trail of blood and the handcuff. I thought the directing was very solid, I liked it.

There wasn't much action in the episode, but many fans felt shock, emotion and new problems were discovered. I can guarantee every, or most viewers were shocked when we saw Merle's cut off hand on the rooftop, definitely a series defining moment which comes into play later. There was emotion felt when the scavenging group were reunited with their families, but none more then Rick, our main character being reunited with his wife and son.

New problems and characters emerged, such as discovering the first walker up the mountain into camp (which if you didn't notice, was zombie make up artist and co executive producer Greg Nicotero). The walker was eating the deer of which Daryl (Merle's brother) was tracking, and we get to see the introduction of one of our most loved characters for the first time, in which we see a lot of anger and attitude shown. Is it sad I can memorize the whole introductory scene? xD

Problems emerge with Daryl's rage as he comes to terms with Merle being left behind which led to a journey back into the city to rescue Merle, led by Rick with Daryl, T-Dog and Glenn in tow. Shane's character development jumps with his anger toward Rick leaving the camp when they need every able body in camp because of the threat of walkers coming into camp, frustration after Lori tells him to stay away from Carl; from that anger he takes it out on Ed,who was physically abusing his wife, punch after punch.

We see more emotion from Daryl when we come to the shocking realisation at the end that the only part of Merle left on the rooftop, is his hand, which he cut off to get away.

The episode faced a lot of drama, development and things of the like, but it's not one I like to re-watch often and I class it as a weaker episode (based on personal preference), it was slightly uneventful.

Solid, but 5/10!