Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TellTale Michonne mini series announced!

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Games' started by boba772, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Taras Assistant

Taras Assistant Well-Known Member

I was the same <3

2. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Her expression makes her look just like Clem (oh how I miss little Clem). I started the game then realised it was 1.30am and I have to get up early. So I'll save it for tomorrow night, cos there's nothing good on tv and I've already spent most of this months budget. So it will be me , Michonne, a mahoosive bag of popcorn and a few bottles of beer.... Perfection.

3. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

I actually lol'd when this one time something somebody says pisses her off and she makes Lee's signature angry eyebrows.

[​IMG]

4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I just finished chap 1 and loved it
    how long till 2 is available?

5. HondaS2kXD

Sometime in March.

6. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I have avoided reading any of this thread due to fear of spoilers. Can someone just answer for me please - does playing this game give any potential spoilers of events that may happen for Michonne in the TV show that haven't happened yet? (I'm up to date on the TV show) Thanks.

7. HondaS2kXD

The Telltale Walking Dead games take place in the comic universe. It's next to impossible to say for sure, but it doesn't seem like comic Michonne's story will become tv Michonne's story. Tv Michonne seems to be moving more towards comic Andrea's future story arcs.

this game is backstory for what comic Michonne was up to during a recent time skip which won't happen for several seasons on tv, and when and if it does it won't likely be the same story for Michonne.

8. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Thank you so much, that explains everything.

9. Zalanii

Zalanii Member

So next episode is March 29th?

10. HondaS2kXD

Playing episode 2 now.

11. HondaS2kXD

So, that was f*cking epic.

------------SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 2.------------

Backstory refresher for me: the only decision from the first episode that seems to have carried any weight into episode 2 is that at the end I let Sam shoot iforgethisface.

The escape scene was cool. On the roof, I hit Randall to prevent him from gunning us all down. Pete was being a bitch, but i still didn't want to risk leaving him there-- either to be killed outright or used as a hostage later on. We escaped by shooting a flare at some oil drums and kicking lots of people into the water-- Pete later whined "those people..." But it didn't actually look like she killed any of them, aside from one lady she cut a little bit, but it looked survivable.

The woods chase was fun. For a while I was worried that Michonne was going to get stuck behind on the wire tower and we'd have another kidnapping story. But we made it to the house. That surgery scene was intense. Maybe even worse than Clem's stitching in 201. I will say my one complaint is the annoying dream sequence/hallucinations are kind of annoying. But whatevs.

When the father took us outside, at first I was worried "oh shit. Here we go again. Larry/Carlos 2.0" but then they BLEW HIS F*CKING FACE ALL THE F*CK F*CKING OFF!!! F*CK!!! That was one helluva jumpscare. Even worse than Carley in s1.

And finally, the best part of the episode. Smashing Randall's hands in a vice, forcing him to call off his sister, then bashing his skull in with a monkeywrench. *sigh* Good times.

12. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So if you told Pete not to surrender himself, he stays with you the entire trip to Sam's house?

13. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I liked John :(. When he opened the gate and kept it open, I was scared that something would happen, then boom, Randall shoots him.

I like Paige too. I feel bad for the family :(.

14. HondaS2kXD

Yup. He was with me the whole time. Didn't really do anything though, aside from complaining when I hurt and eventually killed Randall.

Yeah. Like I said just at first when he was like "You are a new person. Therefore I hate you and suspect you of shooting my daughter." I was worried he'd be a dick. But he turned out to be a good guy... For about five seconds.

And yeah. I like the rest of the family too. That helped make it even more satisfying when I bashed Randall's face in.

15. Jay Bonansinga

The part where the dad got his head blown off was definitely a shocker for sure. This episode had a ton of really good moments but wow was it short! Definitely the shortest out of any Telltale game(WD and The Wolf Among Us) I played I believe. I did enjoy the flashback scene a lot. I choose to answer the phone and not chase the shadow in the hall. Playing this makes season 1 with Clem and Lee seem like ages ago.

Thank You~Jay

16. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

There are a lot of people whining that TWD:M is a bad game but so far I'm impressed with it.

No, it doesn't have the character depth the first season did but the first season had 5 episodes to work with, and it does seem like the episodes are shorter as well. But I love how they gave Michonne more depth, the fighting system is an upgrade over previous games, even if it isn't used that much, and did I mention Michonne rocks? Pete on the other hand, I really hope he grows a pair in episode 3.

17. HondaS2kXD

Episode 3 comes out April 26th.

18. HondaS2kXD

----------Spoilers for episode 3.-----------

So, that went better than I was expecting. Norma's trigger-happy hostage-takers only ended up killing one person from the group.

Really fun, balanced episode. Almost perfect aside from the hallucinations which I guess I get-- Michonne's backstory was sort of half the point of the game-- but I feel it would be handled better with dedicated flashbacks or dialogue like how we learned what happened with Lee in his talk with the stranger.

The beginning was funny. Pete's obligatory "hurr durr. Urr wersh yer derdern't herve ter kerll herm, merschernne,"annoying, but then Randall reanimated and I was like "oh shit..." But then (at the same time as Michonne judging from her facial expression) I thought of their evil plan to reuse Negan's Holly walker trap.

I liked the talking parts before the fight. I gave everyone except the little brother a gun. (hey. I just taught a kid the older brother's age to shoot irl last week, and Clem's been out shooting Bob Munden since she was nine, so it was an informed decision.) I was surprised that Pete was so accepting of the gun. And I was accidentally a little more honest with the little brother about his dad, but it turned out alright. Honesty is almost always (read= any time not dealing with a big bad) the best policy.

The talk/fight with Norma was fun. I asked twice for one of our group members before we hand Randall over. She threatened to shoot one of them. I called her bluff (you play the opponent. Not the cards) and shot Randall's Walker in the leg to show her I wasn't f*cking around. (even though I was. lol) she let one of the group walk over to my side. Then she threatened us again. I signaled for Paige to snipe Norma. Why the f*ck did I do that? Every NPC's aim (aside from season 2 Clem) is always godawful when the heat is on. She shot Norma in the body but Norma was still okay to fight. One of the gang shot one of my crew in the back of the head. This is right about where I was screaming at the tv "WHY THE F*CK ISNT EVERYONE SHOOTING?!?!" Which was probably my biggest beef with the action sequence. Irl as soon as Michonne got done signaling for Paige to shoot, ideally she would draw her own gun and her and Paige would likely have the HTs dead before they could react. Violence of action. But anywho, the fight spilled into the courtyard. Michonne suddenly turned into Jerry Mickulek and was gunning for some fools like a boss. Then I ****ING LOVED feeding Norma to the walkers. Seriously instantly became one of my favorite twd game moments. Lol. We shot her, stabbed her, cut her arm off, and then let her be eaten alive. Her reaction was priceless. She was expecting to be put down quick and clean. But we just watched her get torn apart, all but laughing. (That is, Michonne wasn't laughing. I was howling.) So awesome.

The fire attack and escape was alright. The hallucinations were annoying, imo. I just think it pulls us out of the action too much. Like, Smeagol never got on an argument with Gollum DURING a battle. It was during the slow times. This was more like Rick hallucinating shane.

But aside from a few tiny little issues, (one of which being how short it was) this was a great episode.

19. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

The Steam version last I checked still has lag/ctd bugs, and a lot of Windows 10 users are also having issues.

I'd recommend waiting until Steam's summer sale when it comes to getting it. The game will probably go for about 6.99 and the bugs quite a few are reporting on Steam, Telltale should have them fixed by the time Steam has their summer sale, if they plan on fixing them. And yes, the bugs are on their end, I found that many of the bugs are linked the the cruddy Telltale cloud stuff they included in the game, which they didn't need to since Steam already has a cloud service and Telltale's server has been known to be laggy and jam up since Season 2. Oh, and those who don't read the comic, don't expect the cool Michonne. Telltale gave Michonne a bit more of a personality in the game than she has in the comic but she still doesn't come close to being as cool as the show version. But well, I dropped the comic due to the fact the characters in the show are all better than their comic book counterparts.

In my opinion at least.. everyone has different taste.. I mean some people like Donald Trump. ;)

20. HondaS2kXD

Well, not "all" of them.
    *cough* Andrea and Carl and Tyreese and Sophia and Dale and Judith *uncough*
    And the Governor's a tie.