Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

TellTale's TWD Season 3

Discussion in 'Zombie Video Games' started by WatWD, Feb 24, 2015.

1. WatWD

WatWD Member

Does anybody have any information (other than on the TellTale site) about when it is going to be released?

Will it be complete from the start (for Xbox) or will it be broken up into individual episodes that you have to buy separately?

2. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

I suspect it'll be broken into episodes, released a few months apart. That's what they've done so far with their games I believe. They're still doing it with GOT.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Episodic releases seems to be Telltale's thing, so they'll probably stick with that.

4. Lupey

Lupey Member

I just want to be able to walk into GameStop and buy the whole thing like I did for seasons 1 & 2

5. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

You can do that but you'll have to wait a while for all of the episodic installments to be released. I'm like you...I have to wait until the full season is released until I play it. It can be torture.

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I played through seasons 1 and 2 over the summer, and now I'm looking forward to playing it by episode, actually. I think I might remember the story better if I'm forced to take a break between episodes and have time to think through what's happened and what might be ahead. As it is, I now have trouble remembering certain details of the first two seasons because I rushed through them so quickly.

7. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

I tried it with the first season and it didn't work for me. Having to wait months between episodes, I forgot the details from the first episode as I was playing the second which is even worse. What I did for Seasons 1 and 2 is that I played them again a few months after I played them the first time. It's fun to make some different decisions and see how it plays out and it helps you remember things you may have forgotten.

8. WatWD

WatWD Member

I was really hoping the perpetual delays were them getting all the episodes complete and ready to release.

I'm more of a binge (and repeat) type of reader, watcher, player, etc. so I was hoping it would be available both ways (you know, country AND western). I lack the discipline and patience to wait.

I'm thinking about going back and playing them again. Although, in talking to my daughter, she made different choices than I did and the results were pretty much the same. I can say I saved my status off a few times and tried different options just to see and most still came out the same with only minor differences.

9. itsfoz

itsfoz Member

Cannot believe no information's been released for this yet - are we going to get some bad news? I mean, the Clem story was wrapped up and the amount of new games TellTale have got (GoT/Wolf Among Us S2 on way/Lego Telltale/Minecraft). Could it be they're preparing to announce there's no more?

10. Irish

Irish Member

Wash that mouth out! You can't go round spouting such profanities lol.

11. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

I think once they wrap up GOT, they'll probably announce an expansion to season 2, and then it'll give us an idea of what to expect from season 3. But Telltale may also not want to release season 3 around the same time that Overkill releases their TWD game, they may be concerned that it would impact sales.

12. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

No, there will definitely be more. TWD is their most popular game series, so it would take priority over all of the newer ones.

It just happens that it takes a long time to make games. There's a lot of work that goes into them. Not to mention Telltale is pretty stingy with the information they give out. You don't hear much from them at all. Personally I'd be very surprised if we got the first episode this year though.

13. Alex Wesker

Alex Wesker New Member

You know, I don't know how I missed it (probably because I'm not a Payday 2 fan...) but I had no idea Overkill was making a Walking Dead game! Just watched the trailer...wow. I'm hyped x_x;

As for Telltale's Season 3...I can't even think on that yet >_< I still have to play Season 1 and 2! I own them, they're sitting on my 360 right now just....I haven't gotten around to it.

14. kennyisalive94

Sup Vic Mackey.

15. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

Personally, I adore the Telltale TWD series but they're more like interactive stories than games. The Overkill game, I haven't checked the site in awhile but I'm hoping for a big world that I'll be able to freely explore. As for Payday, the gameplay was pretty cool but there really wasn't a good story to go with it. So with any luck, the TWD game will have Payday's gameplay but with a TWD story that's just as emotionally charged as the Telltale series. But I mean that'll be hard to pull off, Telltale really made a very emotionally charged story, I mean I'm not a fan of kids but Telltale made me care about Clementine.

16. Alex Wesker

Alex Wesker New Member

Well if it isn't the blue blur! How's it hanging, Hedgehog?

I did play through the first episode back when it originally released and I really enjoyed it but unfortunately...I've got this tendency to get sidetracked and instead of buying the new episodes as they released I sort of...left the game alone. I did purchase Episodes 2 through 5 during a recent sale as well as Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us, so one day I will sit down and run through all of it. Not yet though, not feeling a mood for it.

As for how Overkill will do, I'm hoping it will be something great. I doubt they'll go for the emotion driven storyline of the Telltale series but that doesn't mean they can't. I expect more action, that's for sure...just hope it ends up better than "Survival Instinct". I haven't tried that but...I don't hear many good things...

17. kennyisalive94

I'm fine! But you should totally play through seasons 1 and 2! Season 1 gets better when you play through it, but season 2 is intense and keeps your attention from start to finish. Also...**** Mario.

18. Alex Wesker

Alex Wesker New Member

Sounds good. I have a few TV series to marathon through (including The Shield itself) but I'll look into making those the next games I sit down to play. Ironically enough...the only other thing I've been playing recently is Super Mario 3D World with my son. He's no Sonic, mind you but it's a fun little game especially with multiplayer.

Surprisingly I draw a lot of parallels with Vic...between the kids, a son with autism (oldest boy, not my youngest), divorce...certain personality aspects and morals.

19. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

All this company ever says is 'stay tuned'. But as for the game, I am hoping to be able to create my own character, even though I know this is never going to happen. In a game where you essentially take the story down your own path I think it would be great to be able to customise it as much as possible.