Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

terminus 's core philosophy is sorta lame

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014.

1. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

ok so these terminus founders got a bad experience and went extreme, ok i accept that as possible reaction to bad experiences and all.

but i didn't spot any clear indication they were cannabals, i think i read that somewhere , maybe wd wiki or something, well that source could've wrong. perhaps it can be interpreted they are cannabals from the episode , does it say that anywhere?

think its more clear in implication they prioritizes themselves first from the wall writings, " we first. never again. never trust."

if the terminus residents are cannabals, i think it kinda stupid and lame realism-wise. i think yea there all sorts of crazies in real life. so someone get raped and plundered, so they go nuts and eat people as a result. " oh c'mon, that's just not convincing to me."

if someone get robbed and raped and they rob other people cuz they feel they world turn into "survival of the fittest environment", that 's a different story.

but i find the odds of common folks going nuts and becoming cannabals extremely low.

makes me feel writers going for SHOCK VALUE more than realism here. and the motto in the "then scene", "either you are the butcher or the cattle." what the hell, that leader dude practice that literally after regaining control of the place. lmao! that's surreal, seriously!:zombies_lol:

#1 iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2014
  2. Sco

Sco Member

The people who originally ruined Terminus were the cannibals; Gareth followed suit.

3. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

you mean the bandits that raped and plundered them? where the heck imply/say that? or viewers just theorizing and guessing here?

logically ,i don't see that cuz mary told carol that originally terminus was about being sanctuary until getting cheated changed them.

#3 iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014
  4. Sco

Sco Member

Isn't that why Gareth and his group was in a train car and picked off one by one?

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Mary says to Carol, that it was a sanctuary once and the signs were real once, but people came in and took the sanctuary off them, and raped, killed and laughed over weeks, and that the message was clear - "you're the Butcher or you're the cattle".

So one can assume that the cannibalism started during that time? Now, Whether it was initiated by the people who took it over? Or by themselves, because they were starving inside their prisons, without adequate food or water, and had to end up eating their friends to stay alive??? We don't know.

I do wish they had addressed that... Perhaps we will see an answer to this in coming episodes ?

6. JoshPosh

JoshPosh Member

I assumed it was cannibalism right off bat. Come on, they were eating hamburger patties and hot dogs. The ZA has been going on for 5 years now. No way are there any of those cow products left.

7. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

don't think famine makes sense based on visual signs cuz you saw those flowers and plants, which suggest you can plant crops. so cannibalism as necessity don't make sense based on that.

furthermore, what have rick's group and others they encountered been doing to survive. they done wild game. rabbits, squirrels, fishing. c'mon now. to suggest they eat people cuz of lack of food is dumb. feels more like a stupid cult thing...

and also, look back at what hershel said, "we have seed and can plant. doesn't take much to domesticate wild horse and pigs."

i mean a dumb idea is a dumb idea. you can only make a dumb idea look smart by fooling yourself is what i always say. lol.:zombies_lol:

#7 iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014
  8. CheesyBirdMess

No one said famine. You don't seem to get that Mary and Gareth and their crew were locked up, assaulted, killed, raped etc themselves once for weeks and week, and only became cannibals either during or after they were locked up.

HOW and WHY they chose to do this though, is never really mentioned.

This is why I had suggested that perhaps they were locked up without any food, and had to resort to cannibalising eachother as a means to survive. Because the people that locked them up, weren't feeding them and so they had to do it. So when they finally took their place back, they continued the cannibalization - For their own twisted reasons.

I agree the whole reasoning to continue to be cannibal doesn't really make sense.... Since clearly there's still food that can be scavenged and hunted, and they had area's to grow things. But it appears they are just whacko at this point. Eat or be eaten, like a human zombie or something. And as you said, they are their own kind of cult, if you really watched the episode.

But I can only assume you're trolling and don't really want a proper response or discussion, since you refuse to understand the basic plot points of the episode, and what happened, and realize the fact that we haven't actually got the whole picture of Terminus yet and WHY and when and how they decided to become cannibals.

*shrug*

9. Dales hat

Dales hat Member

If you point out plot holes in everything, you're never going to get any enjoyment out of anything. Just sit back, and enjoy the ride.

If it's bothering you that much, just come up with your own in-universe explanation. The beauty of not giving a full explanation is that it leaves blanks for your imagination to fill in.

10. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

ok i should clarify on the" dumb idea is dumb idea" point. i meant that in general and also for suggesting cannabalism as neccesity, which makes absolutely no sense.

i guess i'm a logical type of person, when things don't makes sense i point it out.that's me. i get annoyed when things don't make sense. *shrugs*

11. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

yea i know what you saying. that why i feel the cannabalism was for "shock value" rather than realism. there are other aspects that feel more realistic like that bad group daryl met up for example.

#11 iwatchwd2014, Oct 19, 2014
  12. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They're not cannabals they're cannonballs

13. CheesyBirdMess

[video=youtube;9wSn81dLK6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wSn81dLK6s[/video]

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

This show is about dead people walking around, so while realism is nice, it isn't something you should expect for everything here.

However, we do have an awesome poster here named RoadWarrior who makes some very interesting points on cannibalism and how it would totally be a good idea (and how Rick is obviously a cannibal as well).

15. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

16. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

There was someone being butchered on a metal table, which we saw fuzzily through Rick's eyes. Sam and the redshirts were hit in the head with bats -- similar to using a stunner on livestock -- and then bled out into a trough with a drain. The guys who did it were wearing butcher's vests. When Rick et al. escaped, they passed through a room where human body parts were hanging from butcher's hooks.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

All I know is these people who "ruined" Terminus as a sanctuary were pretty sick. Who would want to have sex with Mary?

18. iwatchwd2014

iwatchwd2014 New Member

yea it just distasteful to rape an older lady. but then again that bulky gang boss they shown look deranged though so...you know mad-dog crazy type.

still the whole cannabalism is lame assed. it seem most parts of the world, this is big no-no taboo and criminal. i feel it unlikely to run into folks like that.

but i think writers leaning of shock effect side. nothing get people intrigued like disturbing psycho-shock. given how the rating been just going up and up. guessing they trying to outdo the governor, so he was bad, now how can we top this monster? so they tried to do a bigger monster. CANNABALISM!

19. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I think we're probably going to see a little more backstory on Gareth and the terminus/cannibal thing coming up. Maybe then it'll make more sense overall.

20. TROR

TROR Member

I assume we'll hear Gareth tell Rick about how they became cannibals when they do the thing. Until then, though, my guess is that while being held in the train cars, they would eat those who died to survive and it just sort of continued once they got out