Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Terrorism

Discussion in 'Debaters' started by Morgotha, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. DeadZedHead

DeadZedHead Well-Known Member

3. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Another criminal going to jail. Hopefully they won't have him on those "no bail necessary" programs and let him back on the street tomorrow.

4. DeadZedHead

https://apple.news/ABS_rQ8DFQCm5K2hWrB67sQ

John Bolton and H.R. McMaster, two former Trump national security advisers known for their hawkish views, have lambasted both Trump and Biden for the withdrawal — though both have long been critical of the Taliban agreement.
    "Our secretary of state [Mike Pompeo] signed a surrender agreement with the Taliban," McMaster said on Bari Weiss' podcast. "This collapse goes back to the capitulation agreement of 2020. The Taliban didn’t defeat us. We defeated ourselves."
    Bolton told CNN: "Had Trump been re-elected, he’d be doing the same thing. On this question of withdrawal from Afghanistan, Trump and Biden are like Tweedledee and Tweedledum."

Biden may be Tweedledum but trump is Tweedledipshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Morgotha

The main difference is that if Trump was president the press would be screaming bloody murder non-stop, and would demand a full accounting for every Afghani stubbed toe. Now? With one of their own in the WH? They are doing their best to look the other way as people are being rounded up and executed.

6. Sharpie61

Really?
    Because I have seen CNN, MSNBC, The Times, and Post talk about how poorly Biden is doing on getting the Afghans out safely.

The truth is out there

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I rarely watch cable news but since this mess in Afghanistan I've watched some of CNN and they've really been all over Biden. Most of the media has. It's been a disaster.

8. Morgotha

Yeah, they show how people are trying to leave at the airport. Big deal. OTOH, have you seen videos of the Taliban executing people? Like this one where 22 people with their hands up are gunned down in the street? That would be a lot more powerful on the front page of CNN or MSN than stories about evacuations. How about the stories of how they march in to a village and demand 15 year old and older women to become their brides? Shooting a woman in the head for not having a burkha on and then leaving her body in the street? Putting THOSE photos on the front page of their websites would give a pretty different picture of the taliban, wouldn't they?

They are trying to push a narrative, and that narrative is that things aren't so bad, and with the airport coverage are trying to make it look life Afghanistan is equivalent to our border with Mexico or the crowding you get at a concert. That's a MUCH different image than what they could be portraying, and hence much different than what they would portray if Trump was president.

9. Sharpie61

My response to you was about the media and Biden. Not about the Taliban murdering people

The truth is out there

10. Morgotha

That's the whole point, though! The media is covering for Biden by NOT showing what the Taliban are doing, and what Biden's actions led to.

11. Sharpie61

Why would the media blame Biden, because the Taliban is a murdering people?
    We are getting the people out as fast we can.
    Last I heard, it was almost 50,000 people.

And the Taliban was always going to kill people. It’s what they do.
    The truth is out there

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. DeadZedHead

I don’t know where you are getting your information but they are all reporting on all of this and bashing Biden. Lets not forgot. trump made a deal with the Taliban not Biden. trump ordered the withdrawal of troops not Biden. Biden bungled it, yes and the whole world has been criticizing him. Thats kind of how a President is supposed to be. If they make Bad decisions, every one is supposed to light him up so he knows we are unhappy with him. Otherwise he might double down on all of his “Best, Biggest, Most beautiful decisions”.

13. Morgotha

So which is it? Is the media NOT blaming Biden, or are they? I'll sit on the sidelines until you guys decide on your pov.

14. Sharpie61

I had responded to your post by stating that I have seen the media bash Biden.

You in turn started talking about the Taliban killing people.
    I ask why would the media blame him for that?

I still have the same point of view, but you moved the goal posts.

From what I have seen is that certain media is bashing Biden for a slow response to moving thousands upon thousands of people.
    And yes, the Taliban is murdering people.
    Biden can’t blink his eyes like Jeanie, or twinkle his nose like Samantha, to move these people faster. That will take time. As of August 14th, we have evacuated 48,000 people. That’s not counting the number of people other countries have evacuated.
    Maybe the people should have started being moved back when the past administration made a deal with the Taliban in the first place.

The truth is out there

#114 Sharpie61, Aug 24, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  15. Morgotha

Actually, Biden decided NOT to remove people earlier as that would have been "bad optics".

So, yep, the Afghanistan mess is Biden's, and yep, the press is not excoriating him in the same way they would have if Trump did anything remotely similar. That the press IS saying some bad things about him shows how bad the situation really is.

And you're right, Biden's not like Jeannie or Sam, but he DOES play a very good Allie (the elderly version) from "The Notebook".

16. Sharpie61

Update: it is now 58,700 people evacuated.

The truth is out there

17. Morgotha

What I want to know is how many American citizens are still there. That's something the government either doesn't know, or isn't telling us.

If we're to the point where we are cleaning out everyone in Afghanistan who wants to leave, there shouldn't be ANY of our people left. We should not be taking on Afghani refugees while our own people are still over there.

On that score, it bothers me that it's always healthy-looking men that seem to be the "refugees" when it's always the women who are the biggest victims of these regimes. Why not tell the men that they can't leave until all the women who want to get out? Have them fight for their country.

18. DeadZedHead

Biden actually moved the withdrawal date giving people MORE time to leave than rump did. rump negotiated the withdrawal with the Taliban not the Afghan government. How is rumps surrender to the Taliban Biden’s fault? Biden was coordinating with the actual government not the terrorists that rump did. Biden is wholly responsible for biffing his part of the withdrawal. rump is wholly responsible for being Biff.

19. Morgotha

Well, considering that the government Biden negotiated with crumpled like a wet tissue and the people Trump negotiated with are the de facto government of Afghanistan it would seem that Trump had a lot more sense than Biden - but you knew that.

Perhaps if Biden had the sense Trump did and negotiated with the Taliban leaders we wouldn't be having the disaster we have now.

20. Sharpie61

How is removing almost 60,000 people in 10 days a disaster?

Again, only so many people can fit on a plane. And only so many planes can fit on a runway.
    Plus, certain people & the media, is forgetting that we aren’t the only country getting people out.

The truth is out there