Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Test for Eugene?

Discussion in 'Episode 714 - The Other Side' started by akchpmn, Mar 21, 2017.

1. akchpmn

akchpmn New Member

I think most viewers are expecting Sasha to die (me included), however after reading a few posts in this forum and thinking about the situation (the fact we don't actually see her die in the last episode for example), do you think there's a chance that Negan could now test Eugene? Like Negan did with Rick and his son in the beginning episode by using Sasha and getting Eugene to do the dirty work but this time actually going through with it?

2. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If Eugene is asked by Negan to kill Sasha, I do not think Eugene can do it.
    But maybe Sasha will sacrifice herself (parallel to Richard?) to save Eugene?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. akchpmn

akchpmn New Member

I agree - I don't think Eugene would be able to carry it out either.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I personally doubt they are going in that direction with Eugene. I think in the end, as we move into and possibly beyond All Out War, they are going to aim for Eugene to ultimately remain a likable character. They will probably spin it in a way that tells us Eugene was playing it safe at the Sanctuary for awhile, and got caught up in the respect and power for awhile, but that when it comes time to him to make a real decision, he'll do the right thing. I think he'll be back with Rick's group, perhaps by mid S8 if not a lot sooner, after having done something heroic, and will remain in good standing with the group.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I would expect Negan to keep Sasha alive just to kill a few innocents at Alexandria in front of her (like Carl or Judith). Exactly what he did with Daryl & Glenn. It's too easy to kill Sasha or make Eugene do it. Negan will make an example of it.

Negan used this tactic with the all women group as well. Killed all the men & boys to make an example out of it. It's been a regular point the show has been making this season with Negan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Also every time negan opens his mouth to talk to almost anyone about anything it is a test.
    The problem is that you can not study for this test as the answers change all the time depending on his whims.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

In reality, Negan taking Eugene on was a test in of itself, considering how long he's been there now without a bat to this head, he opened his mouth and got well paid; We haven't seen Negan force Eugene to make any ammunition for them (to my knowledge), and he's playing the Nice Guy card in an attempt to turn Eugene against Rick with the "comfy life" option, which obviously won't work....presumably.

With the recent episode and Eugene's characteristic cowardice, it'd be unlike him (or Negan for that matter) to throw Sasha in the mix and have his loyalty tested in private; Considering it's against one of the Alexandrians, H5N1 has it in a correct aspect that Negan will make a show of it; Carson has already played the example for his own group, now it's time to set the table for what Rick's group has to deal with.

In short, Eugene is not in the picture for this moment. he's just at the sidelines watching Negan what he does best.

Holly's death? presumably so. Sasha is on nothing more than a death wish at this point and plans to take out as many as she can with her, if not Negan. I'd wager she takes out Simon and a few unnamed before meeting her demise, shows Eugene, packs her up and ships her back to alexandria

OFF-TOPIC;

8. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

I think

9. Negan-Loyalist

Negan-Loyalist New Member

Eugene will gladly kill sasha for the sake of hs nice new master, who has given Eugene identity, respect and a sense of belonging and importance. Eugene does not even know sasha or those people, if you sersriously think Eugene thinks of Rick's group as friends, then You all have very twisted definition of what a friend is...

He was humiliated by them, treated like a coward and disprespected. Eugene would rather die for Negan than go back to those bunch of crooks.

10. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

How I hope this doesn't happen. I agree that I think Eugene is gonna do whatever he has to do to save his own hide. Even if this does mean killing Sasha.
    But I don't predict this to happen. Something bad is going to happen to Sasha, whether it be her own life taken (eventually, will not happen quickly), or watching one of her friend's lives taken, or both. I actually think Rosita has a big chance of dying this season.

11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree. I don't think, that Eugene has switched sides. He probably suspected, that the poison plan from Negans wife could have been a trap for Eugene and him becoming so nervous about Sasha and Rosita being at the Saviors compound could simply mean that he a)fears for their lifes and b) has some plans by himself and sees them jeopardised. Eugene is a coward and would probably not like to be caught doing something against Negan directly. But he is also a decent guy, so I can't see him switching sides after he witnessed whatNegan did to his friends and that poor doctor.

And I don't see Sasha dead either. Jesus managed to go in and out of the compound and he shared his knowledge with Sasha. She will probably be dead, when she tries to get through with her plan, but I'm pretty sure, something else will come up.

Also: if someone has to share Hollys fate, please let it rather be Rosita, she started it all...but I would be totally ok, if no one dies for a while :rolleyes:- at least from Alexandria, Kingdom and Hilltop, I'm undecided about the Oceanside people and the ones from the trash space and I'm totally ok with some Saviors dying - the bad ones.

12. Jack Woodward

Jack Woodward Member

The only real culmination of Eugene switching sides is if he either kills somebody from ASZ or openly admits that negan's the better guy. I'm pretty sure the altercation between him and dwight at the end of the episode would've been some form of obviousness, but it's nothing more than Eugene integrating into the group for his own survival. Hell, he even admitted his power status to himself and felt pretty good taking and signing for shit he took for the sake of an ulterior motive and that took balls.

It's too early to say if Eugene has actually switched sides, but we'll have to wait and see when AOW kicks off.

13. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Eugene won't kill anyone and Negan needs his brains more then his brawn (which is non existent). He has already proven himself to Negan and Negan believes him to be of value in that department. He already has enough henchmen. He will not risk making him kill someone. Eugene has already portrayed himself somewhat cowardly and easy to want to please (Negan). Besides, he did that to Rick because Rick was still defiant whereas Eugene easily turned and became "Negan" and proclaimed his loyalty 100%.