Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

THAT ENDING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 1002 - We Are the End of the World' started by PepperAnn, Oct 15, 2019.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Omg.....

I rewatched the episode last night complete with the ending that I fell asleep on Sunday night. I rewound the last segment starting when Beta found Alpha at the Lydia shrine......everything about that last segment was PERFECT.

In present time, Beta roaring at Alpha that Lydia is GOOOONNNNEEE!!!!!! Alpha's inner turmoil, grabbing her head, tears, lashing out at Beta, destroying the shrine to Lydia. Superb acting. GOD I LOVE SAMANTHA MORTON.

The flashback.....
    seeing the picture of Beta and his BFF. Alpha killing his BFF.....Beta in a fit of rage. Calming him. Seeing Alpha see his face and that perfect look of understanding as to why he keeps it hidden.... (??)

The Mantra they recited in present time was frickin creepy.

Like I said, I rewound that last segment a few times. Made the whole episode for me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I loved that Alpha's rage, sadness, despair of coming to terms with the (self imposed) loss of Lydia was mirrored in the flashback scenes of Beta's loss and his subsequent rage, sadness and despair when faced with losing that last remnant of what he still saw as his friend. I thought that was awesome

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Dnae and @PepperAnn - "did someone say Samantha Morton / Alpha"
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. DavidDavidaon

DavidDavidaon Active Member

Glad you enjoyed it. Felt more like a soap opera with blood than an actual TWD episode.
    I get that the producers want to wake things last, though the whisperers will most likely be gone by the end of this season, maybe the end of the next; I don't see a cult of lunatics lasting very long, in a TWD scenario or on screen.

Episode one was great, episode 2 could have been condensed into 30 minutes.

Honestly I find both alpha and beta to be really one dimensional.
    Alpha is someone who.thinks that she is hard as nails because she has (barely) managed to survive the walkerpocalypse (or at least has failed to thrive) and beta is now doing the whole emo act, covering up his face and 'bonding' with alpha over their collective "loss" of people they claim to not care about in the first place.

Just my 0.02