Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

That walker is a Ninja!!!

Discussion in 'Episode 211 - Judge, Jury, Executioner' started by Jakobi, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Ok. I know it is a show, but I couldn't be the only person that thought of this...how did Dale not see that walker? I mean that was an open field and the grass was pretty low, I mean low.

That walker came up from behind him with stealth!

Low Grass
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. loco

loco Member

Yeah I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt that way.. I posted it in the disappointment thread... for reals... either the writers REALLY wanted Dale gone or the writers are making the zombies take some ninja training ... haha.... maybe they are importing the zombies from Japan.

3. AVC

AVC Member

Is his defence, it was dark, a bit foggy (which would mean the ground was damp and quieter to walk on, and the cow was making noise.
    Dale would not have much situational awareness, he was just focussed on what was right in front of him, totally distracted by the dying cow.
    I could have snuck up on him with an entire platoon, complete with band music.

For that matter, they are all living in tents when there is a massive farm house (which is totally unprotected anyway).
    The level of threat assessment these guys have is non existent. I'm surprised they have lived this long.

4. Zambi

Zambi Active Member

I agree with you AVC. I think Dale was very much distracting by the cow who was moooing away loudly. A pair of soft sneakers and damp grass, while being distracted by a mutilated and noisy dying cow may have been enough for him to not hear or be alert to what was creeping up behind him.

5. Syphon

Syphon Member

Ugh as much as I agree with that defense, honestly, tho...

Maybe I'm just a paranoid guy, but if I were to see something like that, i wouldn't just walk straight idly glancing at it. I'd turn around and make sure the area's clear. That's the one thing i find wrong about this. I really don't complain much with the show, i'm pretty lenient with a lot of "dumb" decisions characters make. this one just stole it from me, though.

6. akurei00

akurei00 Member

Agreed. They should be this kind of paranoid. It's called being careful. Situation awareness. Obviously if they were a bit more cautious then Dale may not be dead. But seeing as he kept getting more and more annoying I'm a little glad he wasn't.

7. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Very much agreed!!!

8. John2find

John2find Member

They have to carry the show any how. But their are pretty good numbers of dumabass who juts wander in ZA world as if they are on picnic.

now read this thumb rule:

WHEN THEIR IS A ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE < BE IN HIGH ALERT 24X7 THOSE ARMY OF SATAN CAN BE ANYWHERE.
    AND DON'T PLAY WITH THE ZOMBIE(JUT LIKE THAT NERD CARL DID), KILL IT THE INSTANT YOU SEE THEM.

9. Geeks_Abound

Geeks_Abound New Member

Why did the zombies in episode one not all go for Rick then while they had the horse down ? Some ran for Rick because they couldn't get to the horse, and were closer to him.. but..
    Why would the zombie not be eating the cow to the bone as all other zombies would do... where's the consistency ?

Sneaking up on Dale..totally silent ? .. C'mon.

10. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

Yep dosnt make sense accordont to the AMC "Zombie Rules" from Twitter it doesnt make sense either.. here they are *****************SPOILER*********
    Sorry cant get my spoiler tags working, not really a spoiler but some may not have seen this.

Zombie Rule #1: Ability to run is based on the amount of time a zombie has been undead, and how much decay has set in.Zombie Rule #2: Zombies decay but at a much slower rate than humans, and it's still possible to differentiate between young and old zombies.Zombie Rule #3: Zombies are like lions: if they've eaten, you can walk by them without fear, but a pack of hungry zombies will attack you. (Good to know. Good to Know...)Zombie Rule #4: The quickest speed of any zombie is a shambling run. see Night of the Living Dead. NO sprinters exist. (Also good to know...)Zombie Rule #5: Zombies are not dexterous. They cannot pick up or use any items more complex than a rock or a stick.Zombie Rule #6: Zombies have poor eyesight but they do have a strong sense of smell.Zombie Rule #7: Zombies cannot speak but can communicate by pack mentality. The herd tends to move together if they sight food. (Jeez!!! Crafty bastards...)Zombie Rule #8: There is no overt recognition of people or places, there is a sense of familiarity that can dictate where a zombie moves.Zombie Rule #9: There's no known cause of the zombie mutation, but it's suspected to be a virus or infection.Zombie Rule #10: Once you're bitten you'll die and reanimate as a walker. How long it takes is related to the nature your bite.

#10 Zombie Lover, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2012
  11. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

The walker was too 'wunderkin' for my tastes. First, the walker had already eaten a large part of a cow. (that is if there isn't another one around which the group needs to consider). So how much food do they need? It ripped open and ate a cow, and is now after scrawny old Dale. Just not seeing that.

No way the creature can metabolize that much food, and it would need to get sated at some point.

12. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I think the zombies don't really need food, they just have an unending urge to eat.
    A zombie would eat until it burst open, and then keep eating.

EDIT: Ah didn't know they HAD zombie rules, just read that one page back...

#12 Crazydwarf, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  13. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Thanks for this Sweetsister!!! I kinda figured most of these and some are interesting and certainly make sense!! (I am such a zombie nerd!! LOL)

And to add, I think that the walkers are never really satisfied as far as eating. They are insatiable and are only driven by instinct and will attack anything living and edible. Like Crazydwarf said, and unending urge to eat about covers it.

@Fuyuko, for all we know they could just bring it up anyway after they eat, but after Rick and Daryl cut the one open, that may not be so true either. Between the fact that they will continue living and just keep going until they can't anymore, I do not think that food is a factor really for them, it's just the desire to chow anything alive.

Here is a nice clear close up of NinjaZombieBoy....lol

DaleWalker.jpg

#13 HockeyMomChris, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  14. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

That was kinda a cheap way for Dale to go. I knew he was going to die this season since I read that he didn't sign up for the third season but they could have thought of a better way for ol' Dale to be taken out.

15. TWD

TWD Member

It was kinda freaky looking. I generally don't get startled by the zombies on the show, but I had to close my eyes/look away when I saw this one.

16. mondaymonkey9

mondaymonkey9 Member

I totally agree with Crazydwarf. Zombies or "walkers" don't eat for the purpose of getting full. They simply just eat because their brain is programmed to devouring flesh and guts. Hundreds of these zombies walk around without food for days, weeks and probably even months at a time.

17. Roseann1to3

Roseann1to3 New Member

brilliantly stated. i am amazed no other zombies have wandered up and eaten them all.

18. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

Jeffrey deMunn (Dale) wanted to quit.. so he lets himself write out. So the writers didn't want him gone, but Dale himself wanted to go.