Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

That was F'ncold.........

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by marcusg, Oct 4, 2015.

1. marcusg

marcusg New Member

Not warning the neighbors what was going down and not closing up the gate. They could have at least done that.

2. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

I thought the same thing about the gate. I doubt the military showed up to execute Cobalt, they had a situation on their hands to take care of before they could kill the neighbors.

3. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

They let out some people in the compound but when "**** you" on the neighbours? BIT extreme no?

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

What threat existed to the neighbors? The military had pulled out. Before that they had cleared the surrounding area of people and walkers. The neighbors were pretty safe for the night. And if they were all too busy with their family dinners and dog walking to notice what was going on, that's on them.

5. WatWD

WatWD Member

The show is into showing the trade-off of morals versus the instinct to survive.

Madison didn't warn the neighbors because she still felt hurt that they didn't stand up against the military when they came and got Nick.

In the overall picture which is most important :
    1) The military pulled out
    2) We are going to make a break for it
    3) We are about to: release the arena herd then lead them to the military "protecting" us so they can overcome them, good luck in the hood

Then again, if you want to survive ... how will all the plans work out as you inform more people?

6. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

I agree that they should've closed the gate but I honestly don't mind the fact they didn't warn the neighbor.

Ophelia: What?
    Madison: My neighbors don't know.
    Ophelia: They did nothing when they came for us.

[​IMG]

To be honest, I wasn't mad.

Also, this.

#6 JohnConnor, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  7. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

The gate might close on its own; some apartment complexes have gates sort of like that. And even if it doesn't, surely someone would close it the next day- although the neighbors may or may not choose to leave themselves when they see the military has abandoned them. They shouldn't be in a great deal of immediate danger from walkers, since the six miles around the safe zone was cleared. There's the matter of the arena walkers, but the arena is miles from the safe zone and the walkers were led in the direction of the hospital. The main characters obviously weren't too concerned about the neighbors, but it's reasonable enough even while being a bit heartless. They were out to save their loved ones before they could be killed. Messing about with the neighbors would have taken hours and might well have gotten their plans sabotaged. I wouldn't say the group did their due diligence, but then they are definitely already more morally ambiguous than Rick's group was at the start.

8. Mikie

Mikie Member

Leaving the gate open? They will hear from the Homeowner's Association about that!

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Except the military took them in the middle of the night, so people on other streets probably didn't even know they were taken. No one but Travis and Ofelia protested to the military later. And what are you going to protest, someone being taken to a hospital for treatment in a zombie apocalypse?

Besides, there were two reasons they knew the military was pulling out: Their kids were wandering around at night after curfew, and they tortured a soldier. Neither of those would apply to the average person living there. Not taking the time to tell the guy walking his dog at least was a VERY immoral act, IMO.

10. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

Not informing people is alright, I guess. Not closing the gate is a real dick move though.

11. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

Nick was taken against his will. That's reason enough to protest.

When Ophelia protested in the streets, there were plenty of witnesses to her plight. They may not have known the full story, but they surely turned their backs . So I can understand her vindictive attitude.

As I said, they should've closed the gates. Anything beyond that, is optional.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Znuts

Znuts Member

I don't have as much of a problem with them not telling their neighbors about Cobalt, which as we saw wouldn't have happened anyways. The neighbors weren't there to help out with Ophelia's mother and Nick, so I think the group not telling them is mirky as far as morals go. That being said, I do think they should've closed the gate behind them, even though the area was clear for 6 miles.

13. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

It looked like there were only Gate Controls on the inside anyway.

This is the sort of stuff that I notice as it is part of the work I do.

So no one was able to lock it from the outside anyway without a remote control I bet?

So the real question is......Was the fence there to keep the bad out or the good in?

14. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Unless it closed on its own after a few seconds. A sophisticated system like that might close on its own.

There was really no reason to warn the neighbors. They'll figure it out the next day when no military are around anymore. Let them have one more night of ignorance instead of sending them into a panic when it was dark out.

15. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

They should have closed the gate and let the neighbors know. It does seem like someone would have heard the military vehicles or cars leaving and looked out the window when the neighborhood would have been very quiet otherwise.

16. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Everyone in this neighborhood, including the star group, is incredibly ignorant and selfish. As it turns out, people who were at risk of dying and turning were just being quarantined at compound. Those that ran a fever, they pulled out and -- well not clear if they shot them then or waited until they turned. True, the soldiers could have communicated a little better. But how else do you stop an epidemic than a quarantine?

The military doctor said the would try to help Griselda- they did. In fact, they wasted resources on her although she was probably already a goner. They didn't kill Nick --they put him in quarantine. Fortunately for him, he had Strand's help and now, may be stands a fighting chance. Lisa, on the other hand, paid the price for her courage (and Daniel's selfish release of 2000 zombies)

17. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I thought the biters in the kitchen, were kitchen staff.

18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Is that where Liza got bit? I couldn't tell. But I assumed that all the walkers that got into the compound came from the outside.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Liza was bit by one of the arena walkers for sure.

20. marcusg

marcusg New Member

All I'm saying is that they could have spread the word what was really going on with the military, the infected, etc. at least giving them a fighting chance to survive. Even if they did close the gate (which they could have by having a person press the button then run out before it closes.) just how long do you think those gates would hold up when the walkers eventually did come across the safe zone ?

They were all neighbors (some friends?). How could you just leave them like that without saying anything knowing their possible fate. I'm surprised Travis with his righteous self didn't want to at least suggest warning the neighbors to get outta Dodge.