Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

That was F'ncold.........

Discussion in 'Episode 106 - The Good Man' started by marcusg, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Yes, she says that that is where she got bitten but that she didn't notice until later.

The bite didn't look very bad, but it broke skin....

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

do we know for sure that the gate wasn't closed? I dont remember seeing them all drive off with it open... unless I'm just misremebering. I had assumed that maybe Travis jumped out when his truck was clear and closed the gate. Also, I don't think it would have been a good idea for them to tell their neighbors. I have a feeling that multiple people would want to follow them and throw a wrench into their plans. Yes, it is selfish of them, but they can't be the only people to see what is going on here - others need to open their eyes!

3. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Actually, one could take the opposite tack that leaving the gate open would be beneficial to a certain amount of the neighbors that would realize it was time to boogie.

4. WatWD

WatWD Member

It is virtually impossible to take a group of people and define what is moral. The more people and topics the more varied the responses tend to be. So ... IMHO nobody can really "prove" what they did is good or bad. We can just argue what we believe we would do in a similar situation. Which really isn't fair because we aren't in the situation, we view it 3rd person, have time to think about it, etc. It is just the nature of things.

The interesting part to me is to watch the degradation of the characters' morality and how their world view changes based on the new information they get (unlike we, the viewer) from the view of the changing world they are in. For instance, Madison is a guidance counselor at a high school. Her profession puts her in a position to help people that virtually NEVER return anything to her for what she gives them. Yet, during their exodus, Madison and her crew see someone without vital, possibly life changing information. Madison essentially shrugs them off with almost a "screw them" because they didn't help my family. Another instance, Travis is almost a pure pacifist until Adams betrays him and then Travis could have realistically beat him to death (especially if he really knew how to fight).

What I'm getting at is this. We build this façade (that we don't even know is fake) and we don't really know who we are until life "squeezes" us really good. Then, our core comes out and shows us who we really are. We think treating others nicely (and how we want to be treated) is a high priority. However, if we get squeezed, we might just find out how selfish we really are. That is when we discover that we just did something that we thought we would never do. Eventually, we are left trying to discover who we really are, what we believe, what our priorities are, etc. but only after we see (or surprisingly discover) a piece of us that we thought could never exist. We realize we don't live up to our world view so something has to give, our world view or our actions.

Another interesting point to me is these people are changing because of a very dynamic world. I.E. A LOT of changes are happening and VERY quickly. What would happen if the same changes were spread out over much more time? Would they still respond the same or would the slow fade allow enough adaption to preserve the façade? How much does it take for us to realize our "squeeze point"?

5. gas3987

gas3987 New Member

What gave me chills about this episode was the view into the house where the family was sitting around the table. No idea what's coming!

6. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Yeah, and that was our group up until they kidnapped a United States soldier, strapped him to a chair and tortured him for the info. What were they going to do, run around the neighborhood and tell folks how they got the information? I mean, how would that conversation go?
    knock knock..
    " Hey Bob, just wanted to let you know that the military is about to frag everyone tomorrow morning. Yeah, we kidnapped a US soldier and my new friend Daniel skinned his arm to get the info. Well, gotta run, we're going to go release a few thousand infected from the arena before we storm the military hospital. Give my best to Martha and the kids. Good luck"

For one, I don't think people would believe him, and it would have wasted time. It could have also caused someone to alert the military or otherwise somehow thwarted their plan.