Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

THAT, was not a killshot!

Discussion in 'Episode 205 - Chupacabra' started by AVC, Nov 15, 2011.

1. AVC

AVC Member

I'm referring to the crossbow shot on the (dead) black guy.

It was frontal lobe. The already dead part. You need to hit the main part of the CNS; i.e. brainstem

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I didn't consider that. Good eye.

But I believe they were just probably looking for a cool kill. I would imagine having the walker fall on the arrow was just a way of making a cool effect for the "eww" factor.

3. BloodLustKitty80

I saw that too. I was expecting the walker to get back up and Daryl would have to beat him to double death with the arrowless crossbow lol

4. AVC

AVC Member

I must say however, it did rate pretty high in coolness factor

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

We've seen walkers put down by striking their heads with baseball bats, lead pipes, machettes, and axes. Did all of these blows strike the brainstem?

It must be a fragile connection; any trauma to the brain is like a tremor across a fault line, severing all function completely.

#5 Rapscallion, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  6. AVC

AVC Member

Generally, the blunt trauma to the head will cause a big depressed fracture to the skull, as exampled by "kill shots" like this in the series. It caused a rise in the intercranial pressure which spreads throughout the cavity. Same as a high velocity soft projectile, it just pulps all the brain matter, including the brain stem/medulla.

A crossbow though. won't have this effect.

In real life, penetrating injuries to frontal lobes do not kill outright, unless there are other trauma factors.

7. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

I had the exact same thought, but the way he ended up looked so funny I don't care anymore.

8. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

That and the squirrel shot. Whoda thunk it?

9. silmarien

silmarien Member

It doesn't seem to matter which part of the brain they hit the zombies in - there have been killshots that are just through the eyeball, etc, or across the temporal lobe. Maybe because all parts of the brain are connected, any damage to the brain will result in death for the zombie?

I just don't think the showrunners care that much about whether the bullet/axe/sharp implement hits the brainstem. It's just a TV show!

10. Ewan

Ewan Member

Zombies go down if they're hit through the eye at times. It seems if you hit any bit of their brain they die.