Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The 2 month timeline thing...

Discussion in 'Episode 610 - The Next World' started by runcornwalker, Feb 24, 2016.

1. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Just had a thought whilst watching talking dead when danai mentioned it has been a 2 month gap between 609 & 610. I appreciate guys/gals on here are a little disilusioned about the timeline. But just a thought. Would people want to watch the next couple of episodes watching alexandrians clear out walkers, re-building walls, houses etc..

2. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

i dont think everyone wants to see people doing something boring like building a wall, but personally i wouldn't mind seeing what they have done to ensure that an attack like the wolves would never happen again. maybe just more of a mention of traps built, the tower being restored, walls fortified, etc. they could sum it up in 2 minutes and id be happy with that - but right now we are just to assume and have no knowledge of what measures they have actually taken.

3. Zombiekills

Zombiekills Member

2 months in your own district might not be exciting, but two months in a ZA is a long time. i do think it was a ridiculous amount of time to elapse without nothing happening except Daryl's boxers being washed...ha ha ha. and why 2 months anyway, why not 2 weeks?

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They needed the time jump. I think they would have been better served to have No Way Out as the midseason finale. Then the time jump would have felt more organic after a few months off. Instead they went for the cheesy cliffhanger of Sam saying, "Mom." What made that even worse too is that they didn't even pick up with that point on 609.

Carl losing his eye would have been a bigger and better way to leave the series prior to 6B.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yes.

6. Kill Judith

Kill Judith Member

Totally Agree. They obviously filmed 609 during the same period as the first half of the season. 610 looked like they just had their winter break. The cast seemed tanner.

7. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

I also would've liked to have seen what discussions took place between Daryl, Abraham, Sasha and Rick, Carol, Michonne, Gleen etc about The Saviours.
    Because they didn't seem particularly worried about any further run ins in the last episode.
    It seemed pretty obviously that those guys were part of a larger group that it might pay to at least be cautious of.

8. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I always grumble a bit when they do any kind of time-skip. It does not matter if it is the comic or show, I always want to know what is going on. Sometimes nothing of note happens, that is just how things go. But surely there was some world building and dialogue about the events they just went through that could have been entertaining. That, and missing out on Carl waking up and not remembering what happened all the way back to the prison which could have been entertaining.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I actually like the time jumps. I like moving deeper in the ZA chronologically. Plus it makes Carl a bit more realistic. I think its reasonable that were would be fairly long periods of mundane repetition, wake up, build the wall, scavenge, shoot zombies, bite chew repeat. I was actually hoping for a longer time jump, maybe another 6 to 8 monther, with all kinds of advancements made to ASZ, to make it more human proof.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Maybe but the problem I have with the way they time the jump is that they built up the story of the 2 days of the Quarry plan over the last 6 episodes or so before the jump this time.
    Then after No Way Out they just jumped leaving too many questions and loose ends for my taste.
    Why give the excruciating buildup only to then abandon all of that to make the abrupt jump?

Frustrating to me.

11. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Not counting rebuilding the wall, I can only note that they have put some vehicles in the front entrance (with some walkers on them) to act as barrier. And maybe an increase of patrol shifts?

Anyway, one thing that needs to be addressed is the relationship between Carol and Morgan. Both of them are missing in this episode. And according to the spoiler for 611, both are missing as well. Seems that something is going on for these 2 characters. And I suspect this could be a big issue that will be part of the story in coming episodes.

12. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

We did see a little of what they did to fortify the community. At the gate, there were cars parked strategically as barricades, stakes, and a few impaled walkers left to grumble.

13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A little bit, but that is mostly walker fortification. I'd like the changes that would prevent another wolf type attack.

14. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Maybe they greased the supports? :p I get the time jumps, I just hate to miss out on even a second of what our survivors are doing in this world. If we could have negotiated for- say- 26 episodes per season, We could probably get enough story out to show Carl growing up properly, and even keep from having to change out Judith's more often than she changes her diapers.

But that is just because I can't get enough TWD. 52 episodes a year would be insufficient, if you ask me. ;p

15. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

so many people died in 609 it would have just been them being depressed an moping around. Who the hell wants to see that? I think its good they did a time jump + light hearted episode to follow up such a gruesome episode

16. calliope

calliope Active Member

I agree. The absence of Carol and Morgan, now through 611, seems really odd. Morgan, being new to the group, may be more understandable, especially after what happened to Rick in the RV with the wolves. They really built up Carol's interactions with Sam and her impact on what happened, then dropped it completely. After the 2 month time skip it seems like it would be tough to readdress that.

It feels like she's isolated from the group at this point and you wonder what the underlying purpose is for that.

17. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Perhaps Morgan caught a cold and Carol offered to look after him?

18. bluesfan

bluesfan Active Member

also the Alexandrians are now more battle tested and much more hardened.

19. Fan

Fan Member

Yeah, I wouldn't want to see that. That would be a complete waste of screen time. People complain about the writers stretching something out into 2 or 3 episodes that could've been covered in 1, but also complain about time jumps.

We knew that they regained Alexandria, we didn't need to see them rebuild, or to see Carl wake up. I would much rather move on to more exciting story lines.

#19 Fan, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  20. Fan

Fan Member

Yeah I think her isolation is purposeful, too. Carol had to transition into a ruthless-unthinking killer, and I really don't think she can trust anything anymore.