Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The aftermath of the car crash

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by Walker Bait, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

This might be off the wall but the thought struck me as I rewatched the episode.

Obviously the cliffhanger of the episode was supposed to be, "What happened to Lori?" And at first I thought, great, now we get to trade the first half of the season looking for Sophia for the second half looking for Lori. Then it dawned on me, the biggest part of Rick's character development in this episode was the realization of how foolish he was to devote so much time and manpower looking for Sophia for so long, while the group looked to him for survival. And now Lori's situation will put him immediately to the test in doing what's best for the group even if it means leaving individual members at risk.

I can't imagine Rick not going after his wife and unborn child. I also can't imagine him committing the group's time and resources toward another manhunt so soon after Sophia was discovered in the barn (or even trying to bring up the suggestion to them when they're so drained by what's just gone down). And Lori made such a big deal about Rick's tendency to run to the rescue whenever someone is in danger. Let's see what song she's singing now that she's the one up the creek.

#1 Walker Bait, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

As a guess she was taking the same route Rick and Glenn took to town. When Rick, Glenn and Hershel head back that way they will discover her. I believe, as well as others, that this was simply done so that she can miscarry the baby, so they do not have to deal with what some of us think will happen to her later.

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

My guess is AMC is looking to avoid a certain scene in the comics by having Lori do something foolish now that causes her to loose the child.

4. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

I agree. I don't think AMC could get away with what happened in the comic.

5. Maggie

Maggie Member

Do I want to know what happened in the comics??

6. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

If you would like to know

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

What happens in the comic is...

8. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not so sure....

9. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

@bassman, If they do it that way, yeah they should be able to get away with it.

10. Maggie

Maggie Member

Wow. I think I'll stop asking. =)

11. Walker Bait

Walker Bait Well-Known Member

I dunno. Maybe. Just seems REALLY cheap to me to go through the entire arc of whether to abort or keep it, with the big tearjerking scene with Rick where they finally decide they're going to have the baby, just to have her miscarry in the first episode back from hiatus. Almost like the writers changed their minds.

12. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

You bet your ass though, if that is what happens she will be blaming Rick for leaving and possibly Daryl for her losing a baby that she didn't want in the first place.

13. Maggie

Maggie Member

Unless this is her AhHa moment.

As you can see, I'm still hoping they turn this character around... I want to like Lori... just having a hard time finding a reason.

14. AVC

AVC Member

Another possibility is she doesnt survive, and they did it to "write her out" of the series.

But my money is on the miscarriage line of thought.

Hope she was wearing her seatbelt!

15. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

16. Damrod

Damrod Member

She should have just waited and not taken off like that. Rick can take care of himself and would have brought Herscel back in a nick of time.

17. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

18. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I used to somewhat like Lori, but not anymore. And with rewatching all the episodes I can see where she was a total bitch from the beginning and it is just progressivly getting worse. You are an optimist with hoping she can be redemed, Maggie. :)

19. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I'm sure whatever happens it will be a) Rick's fault for going after Hershel, b) Hershel's fault for going off in the first place, c) Daryl's fault for not doing as he was told, d) Shane's fault for Barnageddon which upset Hershel, e) Glenn for going with Rick f) Maggie for not going with Glenn instead of Rick g) Rick's fault (again) because it has to be his fault h) Carol because if it wasn't for Sophia running off they wouldn't be at the farm in the first place, i) Rick's fault and j) Rick .... in other words everyone but one person Lori as she is obviously the poor innocent victim.

20. Maggie

Maggie Member

LOL! No kidding... I can't figure out which is worse....

A) the character that is arrogantly sure they are always right, immediately acts on that assumption, and the rest of them be damned (Shane, Dale) or
    B) the character that is arrogantly sure they are always right but blames and punishes others for their own character flaws (Lori) or
    C) the non-characters that keep hoping the writers will give them some reason to even be in the damn show (T-dog, Carol)