Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The aftermath of the car crash

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Nebraska' started by Walker Bait, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Now that's funny...as well as true lol

2. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

Just awesome! I got a nice little chuckle out of that.

3. Fibber

Fibber Member

I don't see much of the above in her character. When has she been so selfish? Her Husband was Dead miraculously comes back to life and she wants to keep him safe. Yes she could have asked Daryl rather than assumed he would go but she was trying to show some leadership very shortly after a funeral of at least one person she cared about and a dangerous massacre. She is backing Rick up. Seems pretty loyal to me.

4. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I have to agree with Fibber. Lori may not be the most likable character, but she's certainly not self-centered. Aside from backing up her husband because everyone looks to him for guidance, every decision she makes is either for the good of her son or the good of another character.

You may not like her, but she sticks her neck out for the people around her. Definitely not a selfish character.

5. boutte

boutte Active Member

So Lori is so concerned about the danger of taking a ride to town with Glenn as a backup that she has to make Ricks life even more of a living hell than it already is. Then she decides that there's nothing wrong with telling Daryl to do it alone for no good reason other than, uh, ummmm, just because? Then she gives him a ration of shit before driving off in a huff.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

6. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I'll agree that maybe she went about asking Daryl in the wrong way. Especially while he's mourning Sophia, but at this point Daryl has established himself as the guy that can go searching for lost people. Her decision to ask for his help is rational and based on past events. Again, she asked in the wrong way, but she was asking the right person.

When he denied her request, she decided to go on her own. Why? Because Hershel's people needed his assistance.

I still see nothing selfish about her decisions. Sure, some of them may be a bit premature, but she still has the good of others in her mind.

7. C-Tac

C-Tac Member

What was she going to do even if Rick and the others were in danger? She's not necessarily the take action type. Rick can handle himself. Just calm down, Lori. Don't go driving off to save the day when your man is a little late. For all she knows they could have found a ton of food and supplies and needed extra time to get it all. Maybe they were making really good progress with Herschel and were having a long meaningful conversation about staying on the farm. Why flip out and leave? By yourself none the less!

8. marsyao

marsyao Member

To be fair, she does take out two walker single handily in the episode "Trigger finger"

9. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

well to be far, she does....I'm not sure what she does come to think of it?

10. boutte

boutte Active Member

But why would you tell us that? Isn't that what spoiler tags are for?

11. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I never said she was selfish (though getting Maggie and Glenn to get her pg supplies was pretty self-centred even if he did offer)- she just never seems to accept full responsibility for her actions/inactions, for instance when Carl said he wanted to stay with Rick and Shane to continue searching for Sophia it was she who gave him permission yet later she said something along the lines of feeling it in her gut that it was wrong and she should've said something. She appears to blame Shane for their 'affair' (even though she says she's not blameless her behaviour towards him gives the impression that she blames him more).

I haven't actually got a problem with her expecting Daryl to go as I think he would be the first person that most of the other characters would expect - it is more the way she asked him and her reaction to his answer. She seems to expect everyone to do her bidding, maybe she's taken Carol's comment about being the First Lady too much to heart.

12. Maggie

Maggie Member

Seriously. Some of us would like to actually WATCH the episode unfold.

13. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I didn't care for Lori's actions in this episode. I think the car crash was FAR too convenient a way to potentially resolve the 'oops baby' sitaution.

Lori annoyed me this episode, here's why.

1. In the scene with the aftermath of the walkers Lori was sitting her butt down on the ground cuddling carl. Get your ass up off the ground and run, participate or do something.

2. Since when is Lori the boss to tell Daryl what to do? Why is she even telling him to go after Herschel. That's not her job. Just because she is involved with the leader, does not imbue her with any authority.

Aren't there medical books in Hershel's home? Can't someone pick something up to and read about how to deal with the girl? And didn't Rick already go after Hershel. What's the point of Lori going?

14. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

Lori had NO point in going Fuyuko, Rick knew Beth was in a catatonic state, Lori was going to tell him she had a fever too!?!? Or try to rush him along. Didn't make sense. But I am glad that you mentioned the fact that she TOLD Daryl to go rather than asked him. That drove me nuts, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Either way he still shouldn't have gone because there was no reason to go!!

15. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I think Lori was worried because the girl was getting worse.
    What if the girl dies and they havent done absolutely everything in their power to prevent it, how would Hershel react upon his return with Rick and it's too late ?
    Sending a messenger to hurry them home seemed plenty sensible to me, at the very least it's a show of effort and goodwill even if it doesn't affect the results in any significant way.

Daryl would be the best candidate to go under the circumstances, but the way she litteraly ordered him to go, and then berate him for declining was....Not very well handled.
    Going herself is better than noone going (or Shane going) and I guess she didn't want to send Dale into a walker-zone or something.

Crashing the car was completly moronic, watch the road when you drive woman !

16. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I hope that "what happened to Lori" wasn't what they intended to leave me thinking about with this episode, becasue after what happened with Rick and those two guys, I didn't give Lori in that car a second thought. I was too hyped up over what happened in the bar and didn't even think about Lori until I got here on the forum and other people were talking about it. And even then I was still like "So What! Did you see what happened in the bar!!"

17. jasonromero7

jasonromero7 New Member

New to the forum. Saw half of the Guts episode during the Season 1 marathon pre-Season 2 premiere and have been hooked ever since. Lori IS selfish and manipulative end of discussion.

18. Crazydwarf

Crazydwarf Member

I agree that she is, but there are some shades of grey here.
    Lori isn't all bad, she has redeeming qualities in her.

19. Ewan

Ewan Member

I don't think she killed that zombie that she run over. There's a chance that if she's unconscious, the zombie will come back for her.