Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The alexandrians & a herd

Discussion in 'Episode 515 - Try' started by runcornwalker, Mar 26, 2015.

1. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Guys, sorry if this has been discussed before. But as more & more walkers seem to be heading towards alexandria & trying to get in, the question is do you think the alexandrians have dealt with a herd before,.or have they just been plain lucky to live in bliss for as long as they have.

2. thewalkingmummy

The alexandrians have clearly not dealt with much at all before - even Aaron said there's many more of them now (the walkers) than there ever used to be.

The question for me is if the wolves are the ones releasing these walkers, what do they do with the torso walkers they seem to also be fond of?

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

In the comics,

4. sam12six

sam12six Member

I found it humorous that everyone was ignoring Sasha dropping a dozen zombies during the Pete/Rick catfight. You'd think at least one person would think, "I know there's stuff and things going on here, but if our tower guard is dropping that many bodies, maybe someone should check it out."

5. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Well, Nicholas did seem to hear something and took a step towards the sound, but something in the fight caught his attention and he stopped.

6. sam12six

sam12six Member

Yeah, I didn't think it was some gaping plot hole. It just struck me as funny that you could hear all those *PFFT*-*THUD*s in the background and it didn't concern anyone. The Alexandrites, you could understand. Rick's group, though, have seen several bases fall to a sudden attack.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

They had been living there for several days now, so its possible that it was a somewhat common occurrence for Sasha to shoot down small group of walkers like that, so they didn't think much of it with the commotion going on. The ones who took note of it probably figured she'd holler if it was something more serious.

8. sam12six

sam12six Member

That's true, but what can I say? It made me laugh...

9. jabroni

jabroni New Member

was kind of dodgy shooting walkers so close to,and with the projectile towards the wall too,with Alexandrians seen sitting down against the wall reading a book earlier in the episode.

and what was with the walls construction appearing to just stop at point in that scene? looked like walkers could just walk around it lol

10. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

thats what abe and tobins crew are out doing, collecting more walls to grow the community. If u look closely on the back right of that scene u can see the rest of the wall.

11. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

Wouldn't be surprised if Enid lets walkers in the gate. I think she's unhinged. Her cute little philosophy about just living in a world that belongs to walkers, sounded like she didn't just think that was a pracical reality, but that it was supposed to be like that. She likes to delibeately goad them and attract them. Then hides in places where, with the tiniest bit of bad luck, they will get her. And her new boyfriend. She's seriously damaged goods.

12. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

What if the Wolves are using the torsos as trapping device, not for trapping humans but for funnelling a herd. The torsos can make lots of noise, the noise attacks more walkers and you can slowly push a herd towards a target. You would leave some W's still walking to progress the head of the herd towards your intended target. Think of them as traffic cones.

13. firstfooter

firstfooter Active Member

They use them for pretty hood ornaments:Grin:

[​IMG]

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

If someone finds a way to 'control' the walkers, not completely but to a higher degree, then I suppose he can 'manipulate' a large herd to attack a certain defensive position. But, it is hard to control where a walker walk towards. Using this show as the resource, a walker walks:
    1. aimlessly without any external stimuli
    2. towards a live being (a human, a horse) if seen
    3. towards a noise source
    4. following if chained

Say, someone wants to attack ASZ with a large herd, it just comes to my mind that might be it is possible to plant a sound device at the wall, which emits a sound of frequency slightly higher than a human can hear. Since it is speculated that walkers have a higher sense of hearing and smelling, a herd will walk towards that sound source and will keep on gathering up there?

15. JPG119

JPG119 Member

Pretty sure Deanna said DC was evacuated, hence the lack of zombies in the area, or that might be me imagining things

16. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

Yeah thats true but the wolves were at Shirewilt collecting torso's and that was pretty far away. I like my traffic shaping idea. If there was a higher frequency sound emitter the ASZ dog(s) would have heard it. But its an interesting thought.

If the question is why do they herd, the constant moaning and same paced shuffling seems to hypnotically pull them along until another stimulus of some sort distracts them then they go a bit mental.

17. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

The Governor was using the sound from distance to collect walkers in the pits. I suppose, as suggested earlier, you could get them coming to a certain spot and funneling them from there somehow. Controlling beyond that would take some work (and a portable sound source).

I still have a huge problem with Sasha using so much ammo, ESPECIALLY from the bell tower. Unless a walker is a direct threat to a human, then they just need to be lured to the front gate where they can be stabbed through the bars. Stop wasting the ammo!!

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

when she was shooting from the tower, some shots were going to the wall. given how mushy the walker heads seem to be, I was looking for bullet holes in the wall, and there were none. Therefore, while you can beat a walkers head in with a stick, they are VERY resistant to high velocity bullets.

19. Damaniel

Damaniel Member

Yeah, the ammo thing bugs me too. Being such a battle-hardened group, they should know better than to waste resources like this. In the comics,

20. Screaminleeman

Olivia consumed the last Zombie horde that breached the walls. Why do you think that there are so many zombie limbs laying all around. Olivia sneaks out for her midnight snack of course!