Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Almost Rape Scene

Discussion in 'Episode 307 - When the Dead Come Knocking' started by HisMrs, Nov 25, 2012.

1. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I TOTALLY thought the Governor was going to rape Maggie. I was terrified of it from the promo last week, and I was feeling absolutely nauseous as the scene was happening. When he bent her over that table and had his hand on her naked back, I thought I might puke. :(

So my thing now is... Do you think the team The Governor sent to the prison will rape Beth instead?? 'Cause this season is seriously dark and that would be brutal.

2. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

So sickening. He has a romantic relationship with Andrea and does this shit behind her back. I know some people think he's not as evil as he is in a comic but he is to me. Just in a clever way.

3. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

Oh, I totally agree. This man is evil and twisted; he is just very careful about who knows how evil and twisted he is.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I think raping Beth would be a million times worse! She is her younger sister, so this would be horrible! Any rape scene is disturbing and I was REALLY hoping he was not going to rape Maggie.

5. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

well based on the previews for next week they could still follow the comics...

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I think this scene is the closest we will get to any rape. One can hope....

7. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I totally agree that rape is totally disgusting. I don't know how I'd feel about it on the show, but I'm scared that they're going to do it because it was in the comics. What would be REALLY horrible is if they raped Beth and Hershel had to hear and/or watch. :(

8. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I don't think Beth will get raped, or that anyone will, really... We still have to wonder if Maggie already was raped though... It didn't seem like he raped her, but there was still some time between what we saw and when we next saw Maggie and The Governor... stuff could have happened off-screen.

9. HisMrs

HisMrs Member

I don't think he raped Maggie. I think he just wanted to show her that he could... He was using humiliation and scare-tactics with her, and it worked.

10. Gilligan

Gilligan Member

I think so too, but I'm not going to be too sure about it just yet...

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure he did rape her. They just implied it instead of showing it outright.

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I don't get rape, I mean I understand it happens and I get the power trip part but...
    If a woman doesn't want it...
    I just don't see how that can be at all enjoyable for either side it would be painful.

13. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

That is what I wasn't sure about. If they wanted us to think he did, or if The Governor actually didn't.

14. TheILLness

TheILLness Well-Known Member

Maggie didnt seems upset enough to have been raped. just humiliated.

15. Artless

Artless Member

Watching that scene made me want to teleport to the guy and jump on him. It seemed to me he was just terrorizing her, and trying to put fear on her.

16. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

It's possible if she was physically raped or just to make it look like it happened. Like Michonne says "This was all for show". The Governor loves making things look like this happen or not. Like bringing back the military supplies and lie to his community that they got overrun.

17. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Governor is the most disapointing character so far for me.

I loved to hate - but truly HATE - the original Governor, he was ugly, disgusting, mean, everything we got was so well deserved that I felt satisfaction when "that" happened to him.

TV Governor is a womanizer uuu! Run away ladies!
    But I am glad he didn't rape Maggie. That scene should be kept for his arch-enemy and you know who she is...

18. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Nothing led us to believe that. If that was their intention, they completely failed at it.

19. trinity

trinity Member

I get the feeling the GOV was looking for the weak link and found one super fast..unlike Merle who was taking his time beating up Glen for the fun of it.. Merle could of got Maggie and hurt her in front of Glen if he really wanted info.. unless they dont hurt woman unless they let them go and chop off their heads in a "hunt"

The GOV could have raped her and she was not going to talk so he did not waste time on it..

If Merle would of harmed Maggie in front of Glen, Glen would of been talking.. Glen was Maggies Achilles heel and Maggie his, Maggie sang like a Canary, I'm not sure what she was thinking telling where her crippled dad and younger sister are as they will be in the same boat..

I would of and been unreasonable and hoped they just killed me after seeing Glen's face and hearing they put a walker in there to kill Glen as it seemed like she could hear what was going on.. But I'm sure it would turn out OK for the pair..maybe.

20. WarioLoaf

WarioLoaf Member

I guess thats why he calls his town Woodbury