Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The appearance of lost characters in the afterlife

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by lovethishow, Feb 9, 2015.

1. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Yeah. Regardless of what a real close-range entry wound looks like, the makeup people intended that to be an entry wound.

Also, Tyreese didn't have much experience with guns, so it's likely he would hallucinate an inaccurate entry wound.

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Just because he sucked with aiming doesn't mean he didn't have much experience wih guns. Please look at how many times he's seen shit go down with guns. Odds are he knows what a bullet wound looks like. It's a poor makeup job, nothing more.

3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

in this case it wasn't his hallucination, he'd seen her and that was how they made her up. I just wish they'd not been so sloppy about her death. The writing as well as special effects.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Right. I'm not a firearms expert, I freely admit that. But I do know that point blank gunshots to the head don't give you superficial cuts. It may just be a continuity error.

5. Neuropyramidal

I agree that there is a continuity error with the extra wound that appears later. But you only have to watch the clip of her getting shot to see that she is shot from below her head, with the exit wound directed skyward. There is no forehead shot. But yes, some kind of error appears to have occurred here.

6. westwingnut

As far we know, the only other entry wound that Tyreese would have seen was Alina's, and that was only slightly bigger than Beth's.

In my previous post I should have used "possibly" instead of "likely", but since I've been quoted twice I won't change it. Maybe he saw Beth close up, maybe he didn't.

7. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Well considering he would've seen Andrea's body in 316 when they wrapped it up and brought it back to the prison to bury, would've seen all the bodies at the prison when the Governor attacked and even was shooting people not to mention watching Beth and Dawn both get shot. Also shall we mention all of the walkers that have been shot in front of him?

8. westwingnut

And all those entry wounds were small. Because that's what they show on TV.

ETA: I do take exception to the location of Beth's wound. I blame the makeup people for that one. I figure they just wanted to show they could do a cool-looking entry wound. But I'm also trying to find a plausible (and humorous) reason why Ty would imagine it on her forehead.

I also think that the entry wound looks pretty cool.

#88 westwingnut, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  9. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

You're trying to tell me that Rick's gun would make a small entry wound?

10. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I came out of my corner and from making paper dolls to add my two cents in here.....i think you are all right. They made all the hallucinations appear at first with their assorted wounds and the "Martin" character even remarked on "your sister stabbing me in the neck" to Tyrese (which IMO his head should be hanging from a string with the amount of times she slashed down), so them making a bullet would on her upper forehead as the "entry" wound is not a far stretch. I guess we are just supposed to take it as fact despite knowing that the way that gun was positioned when Beth got shot, she SHOULD have had a gaping whole under her jaw. I guess its just another example of the miracle of television and movies.....and if you want another perfect example, here is the death scene from the movie "Wanted" with Angelina Jolie....fired gun a special way that made it curve all by itself, it went in a perfect 180 deg circle, going through the heads, bone and tissue of 7 armed villains to finally get her in the head last. Now THATS a special bullet. Starts at 1:43 if you want to look and have a chuckle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNAwub3YRU

11. zombiemom62

I'm going from the assumption that everyone in the group saw her wounds between the time they happened to the time they buried her, where ever that was.

12. daveainthere

daveainthere Member

...Backwards and to the left...

Me thinks there is a cover up! Perhaps what Dawn realy lip spoke was..."How the hell did I do that?"

If I may...in real life, there would have been a small entry wound under her chin/jaw, or more then likly entrance around her upper torso arm pit area and a small exit wound where they showed it, because the first real impact would have been leaving the skull (with a still intact missile) after having met only relatively soft tissue till exiting. I will not say how I know this. :) This is TV.

13. Neuropyramidal

We really can't rely on the logic of what Tyreese would have seen. He never saw the governor's face after he was shot.

14. zombiemom62

that's true, did the Governor have his wound from Michonne? Were she ran him thru and saved Rick? I didn't notice if his shirt was bloody there or not.

15. Neuropyramidal

I didn't notice that either. I'll have to check this evening.

16. westwingnut

I don't do CGI myself, so it's hard for me to say.

17. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

I didn't even think this was in question. When I watched the epi, I thought Dawn shot her through the forehead as well. We should review the pic of Daryl carrying her out of the hospital to see any possible entrance wounds.

[​IMG]

Doesn't seem to be any wounds under the left side of her chin.

But look at this...

[​IMG]

There's that pesky hole or whatever on the left side of her forehead.

Maybe it's not an accurate portrayal of what real gun shot wounds would look like, but that's the impression I got from viewing it.

18. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, as everything's already been said, but I went back and watched the death scene again (after reading through this thread) and as @purriwinkle said, you can actually see a forehead entry point from the moment Beth is shot all the way until she falls onto the floor. Up until now, I was certain that Dawn had shot from the hip, through the chin and out the top back of the head, but it's obvious now that they intended for the shot to come straight through her forehead. Which makes absolutely no sense, unless one of the other cops actually shot her from the background.

19. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

For the whole Beth thing, I saw a video that explained this well. If Dawn were to have shot her upwards, her bullet would have had to pass through Beth's arm first, as it was in the way as she stabbed Dawn. However, Dawn's gun was holstered on her side. Had she drawn it immediately and shot Beth, there is a perfect, uninterrupted path from the gun at her side to Beth's forehead.

So I believe the wound on her forehead was an entry wound. It was just poorly done on the show.

20. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

But the trajectory of the bullet indicates it went straight through the front of her head and out the back. Dawn never fully raised her gun, but she would've nearly had to hold it above her head to have shot Beth at that angle. I know nothing about guns, but this definitely doesn't make any sense. There was clearly a second gunman on the grassy knoll.