Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The appearance of lost characters in the afterlife

Discussion in 'Episode 509 - What Happened and What's Going On' started by lovethishow, Feb 9, 2015.

1. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Dooley the one -eyed dog always seemed suspicious to me... lol

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

You are correct. She would have had to raise her gun much higher to have shot Beth in the forehead. Also, the trajectory of the exit wound was upward. So if she was shot in the forehead, the bullet must have bounced off her temporal lobe and turned at an almost 90 degree angle. :p.

3. Neuropyramidal

I think Dooley was working with the carjackers. :p

4. zombiemom62

he was probably an old K9 unit dog

5. Neuropyramidal

He was incompetent. They had to demote him to K8

6. Neuropyramidal

I'm home bored today on a Staycation. So I'm glad the forum is somewhat active. ;)

7. zombiemom62

oh, and you've got snow there, uck! Time to binge watch a series.

8. Neuropyramidal

Actually in between talking to you lovely folks I'm putting together a photo album of my mother's life that I'm going to give her on Valentine's day. Of course nothing I do can just be nice and normal, so right after the photo of my grandparents shoving cake at each other on their wedding day, the next page is a photo of a sperm struggling to swim, with my grandfather's face on it. Followed by a photo of my mom as a newborn.

9. VickGrimes

VickGrimes Well-Known Member

Oh no, I agree - the exit wound was upward, which is why it never crossed my mind she was shot anywhere other than from at Dawn's hip and through the chin. But from the "entry wound" in the forehead to the exit wound in the back, it is a straight line. I guess the laws of physics do not apply as it is obvious the bullet was made of flubber.

10. VickGrimes

I have a one-eyed cat and he is always up to no good, so this wouldn't surprise me!

11. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

They either screwed up the path of the bullet and made the wound on the forehead really tiny, or completely forgot a wound on the chin (and missed the wound on the arm since it would have passed through her arm) and had a wound on her forehead for whatever reason. They messed up, either way.

12. Neuropyramidal

Yes, I know, I was agreeing with you. :p. I think the error here was Nicotero's when he directed 509. Its almost like he figured nobody would remember her death scene, so he decided to put a [ridiculously small] wound on her forehead, to remind us she was shot, in hopes it would make us misremember how the scene actually occurred.

13. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, I think they just messed up in 509. We can watch the scene in 508 and observe that it didn't enter her forehead, so I think Nicotero just wanted to add a visible forehead wound in the hallucination to make the vision more powerful. I guess they could explain it away by saying it was just Tyreese's hallucination, and he can hallucinate whatever he wants. :p

14. VickGrimes

Your :p are confusing me :p

15. Neuropyramidal

I had a stroke the other day and I'm having trouble keeping my tongue in. Don't laugh.

I think the big mistake on the part of our group was bothering to even listen to Dawn when she said she wanted Noah. Rick knew that basically only the good cops were left. So they weren't going to gun them down if they just tried to walk away. When Dawn said "I just need Noah", they should have just flipped her the finger and walked off.

16. VickGrimes

I just figured you were calling me a doofus.

That was seriously the most rag-tag group of Barney Fife cops I've ever seen - where did they find those people? Seeing them up against our group made me laugh out loud. And yes, at that point, there had already been confirmation that Dawn's group wasn't behind her anyway because they objected to her calling for Noah at all. He could have said "They're screwing with the wrong people!" again, and they all could have laughed and walked off into the sunset.

17. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Also, Shepherd, being the lovely human being that she is, clearly wasn't on Dawn's side with this since she tried to interrupt. All of the other cops seemed like good people (except maybe Licari, but he never had a gun anyways).

18. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, it was a bit inconsistent that Rick would shoot his way through a couple dozen people at Terminus just to later give in to the demands of a hospital security guard who didn't even have the backing of her own people.

19. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, this was just a case of writing the scene in a way that allowed Beth to die. Because if they did the smart thing and just walked off, they would have had to have Beth fall down the stairs.

20. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Chalk it up to Rick's good nature. He had arranged a trade and it had worked. Dawn's sudden insistence that Noah be returned threw him off. Rick and Dawn are cops, and he expected some professional courtesy from her.