Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Arena

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Morgotha, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I didn't understand the arena. Did Daniel somehow sneak out of their encampment and go to the arena, or was that right in the community with them and no one inside heard or knew about it the whole time. I mean, you've got a couple weeks in a place that Travis jogs around, and the kids ride bikes around, no one said, "hey, let's go up to the stadium and throw a football" or something like that?

2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It was outside the safe zone.

3. Morgotha

4. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

1. It's a stadium
    2. I like lists
    3. Daniel snuck out of the camp to where the hot solider said they locked people inside by chaining the doors. If i remember correctly, he mentioned around 2000 people were stuck in there and it was impossible to evacuate and sort through the masses in the time they had.

5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

3. I heard the number 2000 too. Even if there is no time to sort thru all 2000, locking them up inside is stupid as this simply means that all 2000 of them would turn. I think a better way is to release all of them, or release those that pass an infrared thermo reading of the forehead temp. By this, at least, some of the 2000 would survive. Now, all would become walkers. Or, perhaps, the government just does not care to save even just a few of the 2000.

6. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

That's assuming that the situation can actually be handled in an orderly manner. You can't just read the foreheead of 2000 people, half of them would have turned before you even make a dent and the rest would be bolting out those doors, trampling over the soldiers and each other.

If anything, locking them all in there was a better idea because they'll just slowly starve out and die over time.

7. Neuropyramidal

It would have been chaos trying to let them run out and sort them out. Remember, from their standpoint, at that time, they probably still didn't understand how the sickness spread. They were taking away anyone who even came into contact with the infected, like Su-Su's husband. So from their standpoint, everyone in the stadium was likely doomed to die anyway, and their main priority was to contain the situation so they didn't get out and come into contact with more people.

8. Morgotha

What probably happened is that it was originally a "safe zone" that they sent people into for safety, and then when some of them started turning they realized it was a disaster and locked them all in. Too bad for those inside, but not an unexpected or unrealistic outcome, IMO.

9. Neuropyramidal

Yeah, that's what he was basically saying, I think. The 2000 people were already inside. Some of them maybe placed there, and some arrived voluntarily, and things went bad.

They had no logical way of letting them out and trying to pick off the dead ones selectively, as some suggest. It wouldn't be like there would we walkers walking alongside survivors, coming out the door. It would just be walkers coming out the door, with survivors being attacked, and probably not even reaching the door.

10. Thrishmal

Thrishmal New Member

Man, that would be such a cool episode, following a small group trying to survive inside of the locked arena.

11. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Just like the sims!

12. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

All these posts about the sims really make me wanna play it now. Damn you, Rickygrimes! *shakes fist*

13. LadyGrimes

It's an addicting game why not? More addicting than crack I think. Imagine if Nick was a sims addict instead. Hijacking power supplies just to keep playing.

14. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

We should really be writing this show.

15. LadyGrimes

I bet Tobias is a WOW addict.

Nick: I don't need you mom I need my sims.

16. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Tobias has no time for games, he's too much of a stud for that nonsense.

17. LadyGrimes

That's where he be then. Holed up somewhere with a lot of women.

18. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

Similar to Mad Max: Fury Road, only without having to hold them captive.

19. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Women who like men who play WOW. And wear Axe cologne.

20. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

Yes. This.
    If it's an arena like I'm thinking, I feel that some people should be able to make it into the upper levels and survive. as long as you are above the zombies on stairs or something, I think you could have the advantage over them and push them back down. Plus, you could always hold out in the snack stand and get the popcorn machine going.