Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Arena

Discussion in 'Episode 105 - Cobalt' started by Morgotha, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

that I didn't like. The whole area has no electricity, but when Daniel walks up to the arena, the lights are on, even on the stairs. Is the arena right next to the hospital they set up? That doesn't sound like a good plan to me. If not, why light it up?

BUT, come to think of it, if Daniel is going to release all the arena walkers to overcome the defenses at the hospital, they must be close by. Shows the military planners weren't thinking much either. "Where should we put our temporary hospital/detention center? I know, how about right next to the biggest concentration of the undead for miles around! That's the ticket!"

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I got the idea that the Arena was having some event in there when it all started going south and that it got out of hand too fast to deal with so the Military just locked it up and left it that way.

No advance planning or master plan about using the place just a locked box with 2000 Skinbags in it.

Why again wold anyone open it now?:shining:

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

Up to this point I really don't think Daniel has given much thought to why all of this is happening. He's been too consumed with protecting his family from the chaos to realize the scale of what's going on. I got the idea he went to the stadium to see if the soldier was telling him the truth- not necessarily that he disbelieved the military would lock civilians inside but to see if they were all actually turned like he said.
    Most large stadiums are equipped with back up generators that kick on when the electric goes out, so maybe that's how it still had lights on above the exit doors.

#23 Camilleyun, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

A good webisode could be based on a few scattered survivors in the arena, trying to make it.

5. Camilleyun

I have yet to watch a webisode but am really interested in doing so. I agree this would be a good story. Can you imagine being one of the last ones alive out of 2000 that have turned?

6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Look up some video of the Superdome during Katrina.I think it will look similar except 40 times bigger.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

It is actually convenient that it is lit up, because the patrols can see even from a good distance that the doors are still intact. They were driving by in the background before Daniel came out of the shadows. If there is a generator on the complex that is compartmentalized away from the bulk of the arena where the walkers are, they might keep it running with just minimal power usage in those lights, so keep the entrance visible at all times at night, even from fairly far away. They'd want to keep a close eye on it.

8. Jasyla

Jasyla New Member

I'm really hoping that next episode doesn't feature some misguided do-gooder opening the arena to try to save the people inside.

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

You would think they would know the difference between undead growls and actual voices.

10. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I don't know about this?
    Considering the paltry number of Dead we have seen them see so far they may well think there is merely a farting gas issue with some of the Arena occupants and open the doors anyway.

11. LadyGrimes

And they assume this must be why they're trying to get out so badly. They're trapped inside with the fart cloud of death.
    [​IMG]

#31 LadyGrimes, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
  12. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I think it would likely come off as another version of the first Resident Evil movie.

13. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

So, which superhero should be sent in to clean up the 2000 strong zombie infested arena?

The Hulk? Ironman?

14. LadyGrimes

I think Thor should. I want to see him knock around the undead with his hammer.

15. Hope the Savior

Scarlet Witch, from the comics, could solve the problem very easily. All she has to do is utter three magical words--"No more zombies"--and, poof, no more zombies.

MCU Vision could also handle the zombies in the arena, and since he's a synthezoid, there's no risk of him turning if he gets bit.

I would pay to see that! (No "warrior madness" mode needed or wanted, though.)

16. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Good plan except if in this world Scarlet would not know of the Zombie and therefore could not dispatch them that swiftly.

Just Sayin'

17. Camilleyun

Just just send Travis down with a family pack of Pepto Bismol and some Beano

18. LadyGrimes

Quicksilver could taunt the hell out of the walkers.

19. LadyGrimes

We'd have to leave that up to Chuck Norris.

20. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

As punishment for stealing his name, Walkers won't die. Chuck Norris won't let them.

Why do walkers eat people? Chuck Norris doesn't want to.

Walkers never chase Chuck Norris, he's always chasing them.

Eh, I guess I'm not too good at these, LOL!