Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The assault on the barn

Discussion in 'Episode 207 - Pretty Much Dead Already' started by Jakobi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

The last 10 mins was really good in my opinion. I liked how they seen Rick coming and that started the rampage at the barn. The fact that everyone took part of the zombie massacre was cool.

I really liked the part when Shane was putting bullets in the zombie to convince Hershel that it was not a person. A few shots, then some more shots.

The best part was when Shane ended it with a bullet to the head. Great moment in the show.

2. SavetheLast_1

SavetheLast_1 Member

I felt so, so sad for Hershel......really heartbreaking when I saw the look on his face. I actually put myself in his shoes for a split second during that scene, and thought how I would feel if my friends and family were being massacred in front of me - even if they were zombies.

Really great episode.

3. Jamesdster

Jamesdster Member

The guy who portrays Herschal is a fantastic actor!

4. buffy861

buffy861 Member

That's Scott Wilson.

The look on Hershel's face, just like the looks on all the group member's faces when Sophia popped out of the barn, really got to me. I think everyone on that farm suffered a little bit of defeat. Or, well, a lot of defeat.

5. Lucky

Lucky Member

That was a great scene. I felt bad for Herschal, but at the same time ,was glad the zombies were being taken care of.

6. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

Incredible, Emmy worthy episode, and this scene was the crescendo. They did this whole thing so perfectly - the conflict between Herschel seeing his family die (again, but also for the first time) and the obvious necessity of killing everything in the barn. Wow.

7. Loc

Loc Administrator
    Staff Member

Yeah that was an amazing scene. I also felt really bad for Herschal. I also felt bad for Carol having to see her daughter like that. Great episode

8. Buddy

Buddy New Member

Best episode in an otherwise terrible season - It's funny though they still needed to shoot each walker 3-4 times in the body before realizing a headshot is needed.

9. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Seriously? Not me, the zombies all have to die for good, they're never coming back to normal.

I've decided that Shane's the smartest one of the bunch. New world, new rules. He's never indicated a desire for senseless cruelty. All of his hard-core decisions have been made as the need arises. Taken in context, they all make sense. You have to consider his options in the Otis situation. Immediately before that he told Otis to go on ahead and he refused. If he hadn't done what he did, all 3 would have died - Shane, Otis, and Carl. And seeing as how Otis was the reason Carl lay dying at that moment, well.....

10. slw2082

slw2082 Well-Known Member

I thought that was just some of them, like Glenn and T-dogg having bad aim.

I felt bad for Hershel when they blew half of his wife's face off before they "killed" her. What a horrible thing to see.

11. AVC

AVC Member

Pretty much what I would have done. Hey look Herschel they are already dead!
    You would think that with his medical knowledge he would have realised that.

12. bew1977

bew1977 Member

There are people like this in every form of zombie media, Hershel just happened to get lucky and wasn't eaten for his beliefs. Series is still young though. It's strange when you want the TV version of a liked comic character dead...

13. inkerchris

inkerchris Member

Are you kidding me? This half season wasn't terrible at all! Just because they spent more time on character development instead of zombie killing doesn't mean it's a bad season, this is a tv show, not a movie, you have to build the drama and make people care about the characters! I think this season is just as good as the first, I can't really tell any difference with the budget cuts so far.

14. ldncalling

ldncalling Member

I agree - I'm a late arrival to this party as I dismissed it as 'just a zombie thing' (holds head in shame) but now I love it. It has a different feel to the first series but definitely not terrible.

15. zombiemommy30

zombiemommy30 New Member

I agree as well. I think the character build up this season helped with the final moments of this episode... I don't think the audience could have felt as much emotion that each character felt if we had not seen more personally out of the characters.

16. bew1977

bew1977 Member

And no one realized this, Glenn and Tdog are just bad shots. Even then unless you have years of training or gifted like Andrea, you are not going to hit the head every single time.

Shane was doing body shots on the one Hershel had to prove a point.

17. ZombieHunter

ZombieHunter Member

Shane is a douche!!!! I agree that Otis needed to be done. but all the other decisions Shane has made he made for himself not the good of the group. Shane is a good asset to the group in that he does the hard things that needs to be done, but he is no leader.

18. JFB_JP

JFB_JP Member

I thought this episode was one of the most powerful yet. As for this being a terrible season, I don't agree at all. While I admittedly didn't care for the whole bloated walker in the well part, it wasn't that bad. And as for the pacing of the show, I've never been particularly fond of the zombie genre - I'd maybe watch a movie around Halloween or something, but that's about it. Gore and gratuitous violence don't really interest me, so if TWD was nothing but people getting eaten every episode I probably wouldn't be watching. I think what's appealing about this show is that it's more a survival tale than anything else, and it takes the time to explore the characters instead of being purely plot driven. In my opinion, too many shows (and movies) are all about moving the story forward instead of giving the characters depth and making you care whether they live or not.

19. Maggie

Maggie Member

I completely agree - When it comes down to it. Shane looks out for Shane. He's good in a fight, a good second in command, but he's no leader.

20. Damrod

Damrod Member

Powerful episode. I cant believe that Hershel knew that they were looking for a little girl and held onto that secret the whole time they were out risking their lives. It was hard to see them die again, but he was a vet, not a real doctor. What was he going to do??? He had no way to cure the sickness. If it was me I would want to be put out of my misery, just like a rabid dog. Shane had the right idea and had to show Herschel what was going on. Guess this is gonna really break the group up.