Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Baby's Eyes

Discussion in 'Episode 309 - The Suicide King' started by Jakobi, Feb 11, 2013.

1. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Oh I agree. Plus - no one is going to blind a baby with bright lights to get a glimpse of eye color for a bunch of nit pickers like us, lmao. Something to jabber about though!

2. Lonesome Lurker

Lonesome Lurker Active Member

Indeed, I think there's several other topics that fall into this sort of "over-thinking" category.

3. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

and when Beth says, she has Lori´s eyes, she didnt probably meant the color...you know, I think it was mainly about the shape of her eyes or something like that... please, dont mess this with Shane...he had nothing to do with that scene!

4. Jaystar

Jaystar New Member

Well, actually it has a lot to do with him. We still don't know who the father was, technically.

5. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

They were blue -- bright blue. You could see it when Carol put her in the Lil A-kicker crib. A bigger "tell" of the Dad will be if her haird starts growing in - after the initial baby hair-shedding thing -- as curly & black.

6. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

Plus, the color of a newborn's eyes changes over time...from bark blue to brown or green, or they could stay blue.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The baby is Rick's baby..Lori slept with Shane once only outside atlanta, enough to put reasonable doubt on the child's father, but it's more than likely Rick's..Lori is in her 30's, It's difficult to conceive naturally in your 30's so the likelyhood she did from one encounter is pretty slim.. Even if it is TV..

8. Sixfootbrunette

My dad has green eyes, my mum has brown eyes, I have grey/blue eyes so I don't think eye colour can really account for much...unless one of my parents aren't really my parents... :zombies_alien:

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't think the color or shape of eyes necessarily had anything to do with it. Sure, Beth mentioned Judith having Lori's eyes, but I think it was more just the combination of the mention of Lori and Rick having memories of his failure when he looked down at Lori's child and her not being there.

Much like the "I killed Shane" conversation at the end of Season Two, I think this is just a case of the scene not playing out exactly the way they intended. Beth's comment about the eyes kinda threw the scene off track a bit for most viewers.

10. Slash_lady

Slash_lady Member

exactly...I hope everyone will stop that nonsense about Shane...Rick is just nuts because of dead Lori...that´s all

11. Lewk00t

Lewk00t Active Member

Nah we just see Lori and Shane doing it once, I remember hearing Shane say "we carried on quite a bit", kind of makes me think they did it quite a few times. And when Shane asks Lori, when we do see them, "How much time do we have?" and she answers "Enough" it's obvious they'd done it before, I'm not sure Shane would straight up ask Lori that for the first time xD Also it didn't seem like it was their first time together and they planned it, because Lori did say "you scared the shit out of me".

12. aghostisaghost

aghostisaghost New Member

We all know that Sarah Wayne Callies didn't conceive this child with neither Jon nor Andrew. The child will never look more or less like either of them unless they give her a prosthetic nose or something. The child casted will no doubt be casted for her ability to look more or less like any other actor so I think it's cool if we all just take a breather on this one.

13. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

I'd guess she will be cast on her ability to be pleasant and easily comforted on set. The last thing the ZA needs is a baby with colic.

14. Elliot

Elliot New Member

I doubt that they would think too much into the eyes but maybe he saw Lori's face in the baby, I personally feel the only reason he freaked out is because he is having a mental breakdown (I.E maybe seeing Lori's face), especially seeing as he saw Lori up on the catwalk, I don't know where this will lead but I feel like he might abandon the group and go on another zombie killing spree like he did before. Just to note I think Beth did say that she had Lori's eyes.

15. zombiekilla

zombiekilla Member

I think that the baby's cry was just too much too to Handle. He kind of lost it when he first heard the baby cry for the first time. Remember he lost it on the bloated zombie that 'ate' Lori? Taking care of everyone then the baby the those new people? Who is going to take care of him? That's a heavy burden to carry!

16. Elliot

Elliot New Member

Ye i completely agree, Leading is difficult in normal soceity so imagine it in a world ending scenario. Don't think i would manage aswell has Rick has..

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm going by the comic which was a one time thing..

Unless the tv show actually confirms how many times, I don't see the point in trying to assume.

We saw it once, so it confirms just once..

18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

Agree. The baby crying took him back to the baby's cries reverbrating through the prison after the had found Lori's death site.

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

I don't think the writers would love to dwell into the Shane arc, they are done with Shane, that baby ass kicker is the product of Rick's Semen.

20. chainshada

chainshada New Member

I don't see much point in it being Shane's..For me it wouldn't really add to the story, if Lori survived, then the baby being Shane's would cause conflict and have a purpose..Without Lori, Rick would just be angry at a motherless baby.