Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Biggest Herd Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Woodstock, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

So apparantly Rick & Co. come across the biggest herd they’ve ever seen and I could barely make out what they were looking at (looked like just big open fields to me, I couldn’t even figure out what they were talking about for a few seconds). I couldn’t make it out even after rewatching and pausing it. Did anyone else have a hard time making out the huge herd or is it just me? And was it actually the biggest herd that has been seen on the show so far? I was a little disappointed because it felt like that scene should have given me goosebumps but it didn’t, whereas in the past there have been a few times when they encounter herds so big that I felt overwhelmed.

#1 Woodstock, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Nope! You aren't the only one. All I saw was a tree line. I watched it at the movie theater so I thought maybe the large screen made it hard to see. I gathered that's what they were talking about when Rick said it was the biggest they'd ever seen. I'm going to watch the episode again this eve for this scene. They were terribly calm about it though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

Ok that’s a relief then, if you couldn’t see it on a large screen either then I guess it really wasn’t that visible after all. I liked the line about “the times are changing” (although that has been the case from the start, not just now) but yeah, they did seem rather calm about it. I think it would have had a bigger impact on me if I could actually have see the herd. It’s one thing to hear people talk about a threat, it’s another to actually see it for yourself. Anyway, i guess maybe they’d were calm because in that precise moment Negan and the saviors were a bigger threat to them than the walkers.

4. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

They showed the herd at the end, when Rick said they were the real enemy or something like that

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woodstock

Woodstock Active Member

I did see it the second time at the end but it just didn’t seem that impressive to me I guess, maybe it was the distance or it was too quick. I remember the herd in the quarry seemed a lot more threatening at the time, even though they were trapped.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

At first I thought The King was really enjoying the view...being a "Second hand" speaker of English. I was like...well the view is not bad but come on Ezekiel!" until I saw the herd in the second shot going "well shit".

7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Active Member

I bet there's somebody, somewhere that has linkups to still active recon satellites. Watching and getting mesmerized by the "ripples" occurring in different parts of the globe.

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its hard to see. Its actually even farther away than the tree line. On my TV it just looked like a bunch of dots moving a little bit in the very far distance. I could make it out, but I had to really look.

9. Reina

Reina Active Member

Production be broke.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I honestly thought they had to be saying they had never seen a forest that big before, and I was all Wut? Now that I know there was a herd BEYOND the tree line, I will try again. Thanks, you guys. lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

The herd team days ran into getting the meds from the college while they were at the prison was bigger (swine flu storyline)

12. Lindigo

LOL That sounds like a mad lib.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. ctx1769

ctx1769 Member

Bloody auto correct it was Daryl not days :mad:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Do you people remember that BIG herd in season 5? When Abraham, Glenn, Rosita and Eugene went down the road and saw that big one? And could not get further? It seems to be a off the season threat now and then that they find herds. I wonder if it's later on the same herd they see again or will fight. The one in Alexandria they let go out themself.

15. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

Yeah, I couldn't tell what in the world they were looking at the first time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I didn't see it until the third go round last night. And it's absolutely MASSIVE. By FAR the biggest they've ever come across.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one...when he said that, I kinda guessed maybe it was a herd but i didn't actually see them until the last scene lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Lindigo

I rewatched. There is nothing there for my old TV. :p

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Daryl Rocks

Daryl Rocks Well-Known Member

I didn't even see it until the end. I have 65" tv. I should have been able to see what they were talking about the first time.

20. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

I couldn't make it out completely but I thought the herd at the quarry outside ASZ or the herd Abraham etc encountered when driving the hum-vee were bigger? Again though I couldn't make it out but I was looking in the middle of the forest during that scene, not the horizon.