Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Biggest Herd Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Woodstock, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

We think it might have been a post-production CGI oops.

2. Reina

Reina Active Member

Every time I see this thread title pop up in recents I think I reads "Biggest hard on you've ever seen" :oops:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

well that would have made things much more interesting...

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Tripp Knightly

Tripp Knightly New Member

I was thinking a CGI gaffe as well. So with that, I was thinking they were talking about the forest, and so my mind started to wander... either the Ents were going to war again or Birnham wood had crossed the Atlantic, having dispatched Macbeth.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

I have a very big tv, and i couldnt tell what they were looking at the first time. Amateur hour.

6. Lindigo

Welcome!!!!

7. JameRose

JameRose Member

I didnt catch the first airing, I watched the encore after TTD and I saw the herd both times. I know for certain that I saw it the first time because I remember yelling out loud to my wife WHISPERERS! Maybe its the way I have my settings on my television to accommodate my seemingly detereorating vision IDK?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Can someone please upload a high resolution pic of the herd?
    My old TV is not showing anything.

9. Lindigo

I tried googling for an image, and I only found this. Not sure if this is the first view, but people did describe the herd as being between the tree lines, so maybe? If this is the second "clear" view, no wonder I wouldn't see the first one.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lindigo

Either way, that's a nice picture when you know the walkers are there, showing how they have become a natural feature of the landscape.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yes. I do believe that’s the second.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Reina

Reina Active Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg I paused it on my TV. Still can't really make it out.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

So Rick pointed out that they were coming their way at the end, probably from all the gunfire. I take it they aren't going in the same direction as any of the communities? Otherwise it seems like that would have been something to worry about...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reina

Reina Active Member

That's what I thought too. They seemed way too nonchalant about it. Someone else mentioned they had bigger problems to deal with where Negan was concerned, so maybe it was that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Reina

Reina Active Member

I really want to see this massive herd next season, though!

16. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'll address it next season, or if we are to assume they figured out a way to re-route or kill that herd as they've done before. To illustrate that at this point in time humans were more of a threat than a giant herd of walkers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Reina

Reina Active Member

Probably leave us to assume they took care of it. Just like we were left to assume there was more than grass and trees here lol. I'm sure you are right. Humans are the bigger threat now and that's what they've been plugging for a while now.
    I really would like to see another big herd, though. The one at the rock quarry is a favorite scene of mine.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I'd like to see it too at some point, especially since they made a point to say how hyuge it was. After the war it'll be a good way to get back down to the basics again when walkers were the main enemy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think the idea is that they are several miles from any community, and not an immediate threat, and they were all kind of on a high from the war ending. Did Rick say they were coming their way? I just remember him pointing at the horde and saying something like "we're alive. That's dead. And its coming for us", but I took it to mean the dead will always be there, ready to threaten us. I didn't take it literally that it was coming for them in their direction.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they use this horde to show Eugene organizing a redirection team next season. Maybe its when we will meet Magna.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I guess you could be right...when they cut to the herd after he said that, to me it looked like they were travelling in their direction, and he said "they're coming for us..." so that's the assumption i made. I'll have to re-rewatch :)

I would love to see that with Eugene. I was struggling with how they could do another horde without it being repetitive but that would work. He could come up with some type of creative contraption to make it even more interesting :p