Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Black Panther

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Morgotha, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

This is the best of the "superhero" movies I've seen to date, although I did like the original Captain America and a couple of the Spidermans were decent. Most of them are pretty boring cgi-fests, but this actually has nice scenery and a neat plot/backstory and timeline. Overall is well worth a watch.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

So after all the hype surrounding this movie I finally watched it

Have to say, while it was just as entertaining as SOME of the other marvel movies I just did not think it was all that it has been made out to be.

Maybe that is the curse of watching a movie after all the hoopla has died down....expectations are elevated to a degree that can never be attained.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I love superhero movies in general, but I was surprised by how much I enjoyed Black Panther.

It's had a lot - A LOT - of hype behind it, some of which is well deserved for it's effort as a film, some of which is more for it's social and political discussion (which is perhaps more talked about than the movie and story itself, which, hey, I guess it's speaking to a lot of people so right on).

When a movie is this hyped I'm always prepared to be a little let down. I'd say it's definitely worthy of it's political praise, although it's a standard quality Marvel flick. Which is high praise, considering there's only a small handful I haven't enjoyed.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Another thing it had going for it was that it was a new series, so it was fun to explore a whole different environment, characters and their backstory. I enjoy superhero films too, but the only thing that turns me off is when they remake them too quickly, like they did recently with Spiderman. It was only a few years after the Tobey Maguire led trilogy so I haven't even been interested in checking out the new one yet.

Black Panther though was great and exceeded my expectations too.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I just saw it yesterday. I guess I just don't get into superhero movies. I liked elements of Black Panther, but I didn't get swept away by the epic grandeur of it. I admired the movie, but I was apart from it.

I loved the first Superman, probably because of the strong romance and a limited mythology that I already knew.

6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

As I said in my other failed thread, I think most superhero films are very dumb, but I still watch them*. That being said, I too was surprised by how much I enjoyed Black Panther, IMO the most interesting of the Marvel films by far - if only for it's cultural significance.

*I started watching The Flash, I'm a lost cause.

7. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

As a resident MCU nut, I love Black Panther. Though I love most of the MCU movies. Especially everything from 2016 to the present. But for me it's the 5th best out of all of them. Number 21 is out in March 2019.

8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

I should now proceed to invite you in my superhero movie thread that everybody ignored where you could post these top 4 movies I'm curious about :)