Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

the blender pistol

Discussion in 'Episode 511 - The Distance' started by Elly F., Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

Is there some reason that he wouldn't want the Alexandrians to see that particular gun?

More likely it's just foreshadowing something that will happen later, though. Maybe he sneaks outside the ASZ and brings it back in so he's secretly armed when he's not supposed to be, or maybe outside the ASZ when he's being chased or something.

2. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

That's an interesting theory. The new group asked them to turn in their weapons which, if they stay, they'll comply with. I think it's within the realm of possibility that Rick might want to have acess to a secret weapon that no one knows he has. Retreiving it may pose a problem unless it's in the RV like others have suggested.

3. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Well, Rick obviously put the gun there as a contingency plan just like the bag of guns at Terminus; "Just in case".

But I believe the "J" on the Glock was there to indicate the fact that it belonged to "Joe". The Marauder whose throat Rick ripped out.

Which makes sense; because almost all of the weapons they now wield belonged to Joe and his merry band of Claimers.
    I have a thread elsewhere on the forum that details all of the weapons that were stored in the buried gun bag. I believe it was upward of 25 various firearms; the majority of which where rifles and shotguns.

4. Name's Joe

Name's Joe New Member

I don't think that's what its supposed to mean. I was actually carrying around this: http://www.imfdb.org/images/e/e7/SW1911SC_E_Series.jpg
    before that asshole rick bit my throat and stole it from me. Rick then brought it into terminus and lost it within minutes.

5. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

Or a possible easter egg for another character coming to the show (?) :

6. Henny

Henny New Member

I was wondering if it could be one of Morgan's Glocks? Isn't Morgan's last name Jones?

When Morgan was in his paranoia he may have marked his pistols?

It would be interesting if he would find it.

7. Survivor Tom

Survivor Tom New Member

I agree that the gun is most likely being stashed for a back-up. Rick has done it before and it's a logical precaution.

But then I got to overthinking and overanalyzing and thought:

What if the "J" stands for something much darker...?

We all know what a dark place Rick has been in and can understand why.

That said, what if the "J" does in fact stand for Judith, but only has one bullet...
    A stashed pistol for one purpose.

Just in case Rick and/or the group are swarmed, with absolutely no chance of survival...
    (i.e. caught in the middle of a herd, hopelessly outnumbered, etc.)
    Rick saves his baby daughter the horrific fate of being ripped apart by walkers
    ...and ends her life with a quick, merciful shot.

He said that he "had to do something."
    What if he was burying the gun to symbolically bury that potential fate?
    Opening himself up to daring to hope for their future again?

Just a thought.

8. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

I'm way over thinking this that's clear and common for me, I definitely assume it's for a back up plan, that's obvious, it's just the J that's driving me nuts.
    I just really wanna understand the letter symbolism

9. Elly F.

Elly F. Member

i remember that thread! I just wish I could have absorbed it because maybe then I would understand the difference between a pistol and anything else. Lol.

10. RoboLives

RoboLives Member

Rick has OCD and has been stashing guns, that we have never seen before, all over the place.

11. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

That must be how the gun garden got started. He totally forgot about planting the gun seed.

12. jwcoombs

'

Yeah, I know Joe carried a S&W 1911; seeing as how I'm a regular contributer to the "Weapons Used on the Show" thread here on the forum; as well as an avid gun enthusiast.

The fact remains; there were a great many weapons that were confiscated from Joe and the Claimers that we never saw the Claimers use, and had no idea about. For example; Sasha's Seekins Precision Select fire AR15 in .223 with complete magpul UBR furniture and night vision optic. Or Glenn's Daniel Defense AR15; or Maggie's S&W M&P R8 8 round revolver chambered in .357. ; yet all these weapons were still in the gun bag.

So, that being said; I think it's more than plausible, and likely possible that the "J" marked Glock belonged to Joe as well. While it may not have been his preferred side arm; it doesn't hurt to have a backup pistol.

13. jwcoombs

Yeah, but no. LOL

Even if he did have some ridiculous gun that was set aside specifically to kill his baby daughter, why wouldn't he do himself a favor and go ahead and keep it fully loaded? What if, he's backed into a corner, alone, just him and Judith on his hip and he's facing down 15 walkers and all he has is the "J" marked Glock 17 which has a 17 round capacity; but only has one round in it because it's some ridiculous "Baby Killing Mercy Pistol". So, now he has to resign to shooting his daughter in the head and letting him self get torn apart by walkers. But could have survived the entire encounter had the gun had a full mag.

It's kind of a rule of thumb in the apocalypse; if you have a gun, any gun, or any amount of guns, keep them fully loaded with one in the hole and the safety off.

But moving on; and can assure you this is nothing more than Rick's logical, cautious response to the unknown and the risk of walking into a potential trap. He doesn't know what to expect; and he knows they will most likely require them to forfeit their weapons upon entry. It's always good to have an ace in the hole; it already saved their lives once.

But this specific gun is going to wind up playing a much larger role in the story to come as Rick's enter his downward spiral.

14. Name's Joe

Name's Joe New Member

ah yes I had thought of that as well but I just don't think that's what the J stands for as it would seem rather pointless for the writers to have this in there just as a reference to Joe when none of the other guns obtained from the claimers had the first letter of their name on them. on another note I think it's funny that some weapons like the ones you mentioned and Ricks Mk. 23 seem to have just appeared out of nowhere when they retrieved the bag but the bow they got from the claimers hasn't been seen since it was put in lol.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

"The Blender Pistols" should be the name of an old-school punk tribute band.

16. jwcoombs

Daryl was jealous of the compound bow; so he threw it in a lake. LOL

But, the "J" being a reference to Joe wouldn't be pointless at all. Especially since it's not the only Joe reference that has been see in the last two episodes. What I'm referring to is since episode 510 Carl has been carrying Joe's knife. The very same knife that Rick removed from the sheath on Joe's waist, and used to kill would-be child rapist; "Deserves It Dan".

17. jwcoombs

Totally. Their opening act could be-"Pureed Ammunition".

18. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

"Anarchy in the AK-47," "God Save the Green Smoothie"...

19. Tigger

Tigger Active Member

With a finale of my favorite "Whirled plus peas"

20. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member