Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Clocks

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

We saw a lot of clocks showing us the time this episode.

When Henry took the gun, the grandfather clock showed 6:22.

When Tobin awoke briefly before turning it was 2:13 a.m. When he awoke as a walker it was 3:26 a.m.

31 minutes later, according to Dana's watch, at 3:57 a.m., was when Tobin attacked her.

When Tobin and his victims walked into the Barrington House it was once again, exactly 6:22 on the grandfather clock. When the clock was shown 12 hours earlier, it was quite audibly ticking. It seems to be they focused on the ticking sound to let us know the clock was working, and was not stopped at 6:22. So exactly 12 hours passed. I wonder what the meaning is here, if anything.

It further tells us that almost 3 hours went by between Tobin awaking as a walker, and walking into Barrington. There was definitely a lack of interior security that night.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Allaris

Allaris New Member

Long time lurker, first commenter here. This was something I was also curious about. I thought this was maybe referring to bible passages or some sort. Here are my findings which are maybe fitting for the scenes:

Daniel 6:22
    "My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, Your Majesty."

Philippians 2:13
    "for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose."

Job 3:26
    "I am not at ease, neither am I quiet, neither have I rest; But trouble comes."

Lamentations 3:57
    "You came near when I called you, and you said, "Do not fear."

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

That is an interesting theory. Welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Good thinkin, I hadn't thought of Bible verses, although it would be pretty vague without also hinting at which books, and really the only one of those that seems to me to fit is Job 3:26. The rest seem forced to fit. So i'm doubting this, but its not a crackpot theory.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

While the Bible theory is interesting, I believe they were just showing the passing of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

If your theory is true, then its no wonder the scripts have been lousy: the writers have put so much work into these subliminal messages and nods to past seasons, they're too tired to write a compelling story. :p

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

But it is fun. Sticking with the Book of Job, we get:

King James Version (KJV)
    Public Domain

Job 6:22

22 Did I say, Bring unto me? or, Give a reward for me of your substance?

Job 2:13
    13 So they sat down with him upon the ground seven days and seven nights, and none spake a word unto him: for they saw that his grief was very great.

Job 3:26
    26 I was not in safety, neither had I rest, neither was I quiet; yet trouble came.

Job 3:5-7
    5 Let darkness and the shadow of death stain it; let a cloud dwell upon it; let the blackness of the day terrify it.
    6 As for that night, let darkness seize upon it; let it not be joined unto the days of the year, let it not come into the number of the months.
    7 Lo, let that night be solitary, let no joyful voice come therein.

6:22 -- Yes, the Saviors.
    2:13 -- dunno

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

A lot been forced in TWD so why not this one too.

9. Sully

Sully Active Member

I agree.

I saw it as more of a visual element to represent how much time has gone by, similar to in season 6's JSS with Carol and the kitchen timer.

They were letting us know how long it takes for Negan's bio-warfare thing to take effect.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1