Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The coin on the rail track

Discussion in 'Episode 415 - Us' started by gavuk, Mar 28, 2014.

1. gavuk

gavuk Member

Perhaps i'm thinking too deeply but is there any symbolism/significance to Eugene/Tara spotting the coin on the rail track?

It looked like it was placed there ????why

I'm 46 (yeah get over it) years old and have thrown many random coins over the years and NONE have sat exactly dead centre on a rail track.

ZA or not i think it odd

2. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

I figured that scene was added just to illustrate Eugene's knowledge of science and also his social awkwardness. He sees a coin and finds an interesting use that most others would not have though of, which is to utilize the coin's chemical composition in such a way that it can be transformed a primitive battery for electrical power. Its a unique trait for his character compared ot the others... and if he is gonna look like MacGyver he might as well act like it as well. :p

3. HeadlessHershel

We used to put coins on the tracks as kids so the oncoming train would flatten them, of course, as an adult I now realize you're not supposed to put anything on the tracks because it's dangerous and it could potentially derail the train. BTW we used to take the coins home with us. I'm not sure why anyone would leave one behind unless they were hit by the train?

4. sargentcrunch

sargentcrunch Member

I took it as more of a "Eugene isn't full of shit" moment. From the previous episode I thought he was just socially awkward and stupid, but now I know he is knowledgeable, I still don't know about him being smart enough to save the world though lol

5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I used to put coins on railroad tracks as well. A penny gets flattened out to over twice its original diameter sometimes. It was a fun hobby when I was 9 :p. I still have some of my flattened coins somewhere. I can see some nostalgic person like me walking down the tracks after the world ended and putting a coin there for old time's sake, just to feel normal again.

6. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

It's not like you could use the coins for anything else. I'd do the same thing. OR, I'd find one of those touristy coin crushing stands that meld your coins into some image of your totally unique experience at Six Flags or whatever random place you probably shouldn't be during a ZA.

7. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

Maybe some walkers showed up and ran them off.

8. TheGreatOnion

TheGreatOnion Well-Known Member

Agreed. This was the point of the scene.

9. Walker3895

Walker3895 Member

He said he can make a battery out of that and a few more materials that he may collect on their journey so im thinking in the box car rick will still have his walkie talkie and eugene can make a new battery for it and call morgan for help

10. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Now, there's a thought. OR they could listen in on what the Termites are talking about over their walkies and then Rick and CO make their plans around that info.

11. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

Hopefully, Eugene still has that coin. o_O

12. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I'm sure Eugene still has it, he's a nerdy geek and would hold onto it I bet.

13. Buttercup

Buttercup Member

I must miss the coin. I didn't see no coin on the train track. Must have miss seeing it.