Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Coronavirus TWD Rewatch!?

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 2, 2020.

1. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

I really saw that as real. She was young.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah, I can see how some people view that as quite a stretch, but she was a 17 year old who just lost her father, and had no idea where most of the others were. People sometimes act weird when they are under severe emotional stress, and resort to escapism. Going on a drinking mission was a way of avoiding reality, under the pretext of "I was avoiding alcohol while my father was alive". While the sequence didn't 100% work for me, I don't find it as unrealistic as some fans do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

A Few Thoughts on TWD, S3, EP 10 "Home".

The opening scenes with Rick hallucinating a reunion with Lori was hauntingly beautiful.

Daryl and Merle were excellent in this episode. Daryl's clearly no longer the obedient little brother, and while he still loves Merle, acknowledges that the Atlanta group is his family too. Merle's angry over his lost hand and Rick's influence on Daryl. Merle is also shocked by the scars their father left on Daryl's back, and he's ashamed that he failed to protect his little brother. Finally, Merle shows fear over how he'll be treated by the Atlanta group if he returns with Daryl.

Axel's death was a shocker. :eek:

The walker bomb was another shocker. :eek:

The Governor's surprise attack on the prison was great. Maggie kicked ass. I loved it when Daryl saved Rick at the last second. :cool:

Excellent episode. My one nitpick is that if Axel and Oscar had to die in season 3, this was the episode where it should've happened.

#63 Rapscallion, May 1, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Rapscallion

A Few Thoughts on TWD, S3, EP 12 "Clear".

Rick, Carl, and Michonne travel to King County, where they hope to gather up guns and ammo to fight the Governor.

The debut of the infamous orange backpack. :p

It'd be funny if it's later revealed that the Hitchhiker was immune to the walker virus, but Rick, Michonne, and Carl doomed humanity by refusing to pick him up. :D

It's probably a continuity error, but back in S1, didn't Rick tell Shane that he "cleared out the cage" of all the remaining guns and ammo before he left King County?

This episode marks the return of Morgan, and he's nuttier than a jar of Planters Peanuts. Morgan has booby-trapped half of the town and collected military grade weapons.

The debut of Daryl's Stryker Strykezone 380 crossbow. :cool:

Morgan's "I see red" scene where he recalls Duane getting bit by his own walker mother Jenny (who Morgan couldn't put down back in the pilot episode) was frightening. :eek:

Michonne earns Carl's trust when she helps him recover a family photograph in the café filled with walkers (the Grimes' house burned down months before).

Good episode. Morgan's crazy, but he's not the annoying "All life is precious" Gandhi reject he'd become in season 5. :rolleyes:

#64 Rapscallion, May 2, 2020
    Last edited: May 2, 2020
  5. Rapscallion

A Few Thoughts on TWD, S3, EP 13 "Arrow on the Doorpost"

Andrea arranges a meeting between Rick and the Governor. It's interesting because after some brief animosity, the two lieutenants Daryl and Martinez are able to get along, whereas Rick and Governor can't (or won't) reach a compromise.

This episode was another great example of the Governor's talent for manipulation: he tells Rick about the daily grind at work, about his wife dying tragically in a car crash, and how they left things unresolved. :cool:

The Governor makes Rick an offer: hand over Michonne and there'll be peace between the two groups.

Hershel asks Andrea to come back to the group, but she fears that she's too far gone. :(

A great episode. :cool:

6. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

What does this mean?

7. Rapscallion

In S3 EP "Clear", Rick, Carl, and Michonne go to the King County Sheriff's Department to collect the guns and ammo left behind. But in S1 EP3 "Tell it to the Frogs", Rick tells Shane he "Cleared out the cage", before he left King County.

The duffel bag that Rick carried into Atlanta was supposed to be what was left of the guns and ammo in the Sheriff's Department.

When Rick, Morgan, and Duane went to the King County Sheriff's Department, the guns and ammo were behind a cage; Rick had the keys so he was able to unlock it and clear out the guns and ammo.

8. Rapscallion

TWD, S3, EP 14 "Prey"

The Governor, expecting Rick to accept the deal and hand over Michonne, builds a torture chamber inside one of Woodbury's warehouses.

Andrea finally realizes the Governor is crazy and tries running back to the prison.

A mysterious stranger torches the walkers inside the Governor's Biter Pits.

The Govenor shows plot armor and a new talent for teleportation as he hunts—and eventually captures—Andrea.

#68 Rapscallion, May 5, 2020
    Last edited: May 5, 2020
  9. Rapscallion

TWD, S3, EP 15, "This Sorrowful Life"

Rick has decided to hand over Michonne to the Governor; both Hershel and Daryl know and reluctantly accept it.

Rick tries to get Merle to do the dirty work and deliver Michonne. I liked how Merle—who's no saint—was disgusted by Rick's decision. "You're cold as hell, Officer Friendly". :mad:

Unfortunately, Rick's planted the idea in Merle's head and he knocks out Michonne, ties her, up, and leaves with her to complete the deal.

Other great scenes in this episode were: The Greene family prayer. Glenn asking Hershel for his blessings to marry Maggie, and Glenn's proposal to Maggie. :D

Rick decides he can't go through with the deal, but Merle has already left with Michonne. Daryl leaves to try and stop his brother.

Merle's able to hotwire a car (and avoid walkers) but realizes he can't give Michonne to the Governor. He lets her go and continues on alone.

Rick gives the group another speech. He admits that he was going to hand over Michonne to the Governor, but he can't do it; he can't be like the Governor. If they fight or go, it must be a group decision.

At the feed mill, Merle uses the car stereo to attract walkers, and uses them to distract the Governor's army. Several Woodbury soldiers are bit or snipped by Merle, who's camping in a building, but he's discovered and shot by the Governor. :(

Daryl arrives minutes later, and is devastated to find Merle has died and turned. Daryl takes his knife and stabs the Walker Merle repeatedly in the head, then falls to the ground, sobbing. :(

Great episode. I was sorry to see Merle die, but he redeemed himself by killing most of the Governor's soldiers. :cool:

10. Raga

Raga New Member

I'm new to this forum and finished watching twd on Netflix recently...It feels so good to get connected with twd fans talking about each and every detail ...analyzing every single scene....oh God...I can't explain how much I enjoyed watching the series...how I wanted to discuss about the things happening...the suspense...sorrow....the main characters just holding on to each other throughout the series....I'm so glad that I found this forum where I could participate in the discussion about twd series..

11. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

You should have been around TWD forums four or five years ago when there was a lot of life in them. TWD forums are pretty much on life support these days.

12. Raga

Raga New Member

Hmm...yeah...But I was able to watch it continuously because of the lockdown and I couldn't take my eyes off of it...it was so good and after I finished watching it I thought I was lost ...lol...and now after reading these posts,I feel like I should have watched it long back when it was streaming....but then again I felt like ,may be I couldn't have withstood the suspense that was building up over each episode....

• Like Like x 1
  13. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

haha, don't worry, there is still some life here. Join us in the Last Words game thread. I will be adding more ;)

https://battleroyaleforums.com/forum/threads/twds-last-words.714282/page-9

14. Raga

Raga New Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I re-watched some of my favorite episodes from season 2 this past weekend - Nebraska, 18 Miles Out and Better Angels. I also watched the finale just to finish off the season.

I was reminded of the following:

How much I disliked Carol in earlier seasons.

How much my love for Rick grew by leaps and bounds in season 2

How great the dynamic between Rick (Andy) and Shane (Jon) was

Cailey (Judith) is such a better actor than Chandler (Carl) was when he was around her current age

The character growth of Glenn from season 2 even just to season 5!!!!

Daryl was likable in season 2, but I really had no idea who Norman Reedus was.

That I was not sad to see the character of Dale go bye bye

That Emily Kinney is really a mediocre actress at best

16. Rapscallion

TWD S3, EP 16 "Welcome to the Tombs".

Milton's revealed as the mysterious stranger who burned the walkers in the biter pits. The Govenor stabs Milton in the chest, and leaves him locked in the torture chamber with Andrea, so he'll die, turn, and attack her. :eek:

The group prepares to leave the prison. Carol comforts Daryl by telling him Merle "Gave us a fighting chance".

Michonne tells Rick that she understands that he had to consider the Governor's offer of handing her over in exchange for peace. Rick admits he almost took the offer. Carl refuses to speak with him. Rick looks up at the prison catwalk and see's Lori's spirit.

The Governor prepares to lead the remaining able-bodied civilians of Woodbury in an attack on the prison. Tyreese and Sasha refuse to go along, but say they'll protect the children and the elderly until the Governor returns. The Governor gives Tyreese a rifle and leaves after saying a curt "Thank you". :mad:

The Governor and his militia attack the prison. The walkers in the field are put down, and the Governor encounters no resistance. The Governor leads his militia into the cell block and then into "the Tombs", which is the nickname the prisoners gave the hallways overrun with walkers. :eek:

Back in Woodbury, Andrea tries to break free with a pair of pliers Milton left her. Andrea has no sense of urgency, however. :rolleyes:

Rick and his group use smoke grenades, flash bombs, the prison's alarms, and the walkers themselves to frighten the Governor's militia out into the courtyard; Glenn and Maggie frighten them some more with gunfire, and they get into their vehicles and retreat.

A Woodbury teen runs into the woods and stumbles across Carl, Hershel, Beth, and baby Judith. Hershel orders the teen to "Drop it son." The teen says "Sure. Take it," but doesn't drop his shotgun as he approaches Carl. Carl shoots him (I think Carl did the right thing).

On the road to Woodbury, the Governor stops the caravan and orders his militia to turn around and go back to the prison. When they refuse he opens fire on them. Karen survives by playing dead. The Governor and his aides Martinez and Shumpert get into a truck and drive away.

In Woodbury, Andrea finally snaps one of the handcuffs loose, just before Milton turns into a walker and staggers towards her. :eek:

Back at the prison, Rick, Daryl, and Michonne leave to kill the Governor, but instead they save Karen from her neighbors who've turned into Walkers. They continue on to Woodbury, and Karen convinces Tyreese and Sasha to let them inside.

The group discovers the torture chamber and find the Walker Milton dead, and Andrea with a bite on her shoulder. "I didn't want anyone else to die," Andrea explains sadly. Andrea asks for Rick's gun saying "I know how the safety works". Michonne stays by Andrea's side while the others step outside. A few moments later they hear a single gunshot. :(

Rick takes the remaining Woodburians (along with Andrea's body, wrapped in blankets) back to the prison. He tells Carl they'll be joining them, but his young son isn't happy with that decision. Rick looks up at the catwalk where he's scene Lori's spirit, but she's not there, and the scene fades out on her grave marker.

I think the Governor could've been handled in just one season, and Andrea's character was ruined to the point where she had to be killed off. That said, this was still a good season finale, and I appreciated the sense of hope it offered. :)

17. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

I was flying through episodes until I got to season 7. Its slow going now

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

18. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I love Still, it is still one of my favourite episodes. It even works as a short film for me, without the full context of the show. Two very different people stuck together at the end of the world, both of them overflowing with grief. One physically strong, the other mentally. They need to accept each other and allow themselves to lean on the other.

The final scene of the pair of them talking about the future and then burning down the past (shed) remains one of my favourite moments ever. On par with Sasha laying herself down amongst the dead-dead, or the walkers outside the prison to the soundtrack of Hold On, or Shane looking out of the car at the lonely walker marching through the field.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BlackBird

I’m joining you, a little late to the party, and not sure how long I’ll stay, but here we go. Watched the pilot last night and it made fall in love all over again.

What a brilliant opener this was. Hopelessly hooked back then, and really enjoyed it now, - which is the third time round, I believe.

One thing that really struck me, besides the thrill of seeing Rick again and the sweetness of nostalgia, was how much more exciting and interesting the walkers used to be. It’s a great pity they dumbed them down so much over the years, though I understand the reasons behind that too. It’s more of a human drama now than a zombie show, and that’s actually perfectly fine with me, but these early episodes certainly have a heightened feeling of suspense, that I’m really enjoying now on a rewatch.

#79 BlackBird, May 16, 2020
    Last edited: May 17, 2020
  20. BlackBird

Baby Glenn in 1x02...!!!
    Such a rich and immensely and instantly likeable character. Sealed his place in my heart within just a few minutes, this sweet, brave, full of heart, fun young lad. I miss him so much. :(