Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Dark Knight III: The Master Race

Discussion in 'Comic Books' started by Strife, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Strife

Strife Member

With the 30th anniversary of Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns saga this year, the writer will be returning to his iconic series. Accompanied by fellow writer Brian Azzarello, and entitled 'Master Race' it will be an 8 issue (bi-weekly) beginning sometime in the late Fall.

[​IMG]

2. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Personally, I act like DK II never happened.

3. Strife

Strife Member

Most probably don't even know about it...which works out.

4. Rapscallion

DK II is a mess, like most of Frank Miller's work post Sin City. I don't know if Miller was serious or was going for a parody when he created it.

5. Deviancy

Deviancy Member

I wasn't aware DK II existed but I haven't bothered with Batman since they introduced Robin III. I wonder what Stabler from SVU would think of a middle aged man hanging out with teen boys in a cave? He'd probably beat the hell out of Batman and call him a sick jerk. But seriously, after Dark Knight and Killing Joke, I got spoiled and the monthly titles seemed tame by comparison.

Killing Joke is still one of my favorite one shots, Moore just did a terrific job on it.

6. Rapscallion

I wish DKII didn't exist, so I just pretend it never happened. Frank Miller just isn't the writer/artist he once was.

Ironically, Alan Moore isn't pleased with The Killing Joke, but it's highly praised as one of the greatest Batman stories ever written.

7. Ricky

Ricky Member

So who's began DKIII??? I haven't picked it up yet but I've seen a few panel excerpts. At least the art looks anatomically correct this time :zombies_lol:

8. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Why is Batman ALWAYS saving Superman's hide? And why is Superman getting so bloodied up lately? Is he the Man of Steel or not?

*Every question asked above is rhetorical.

9. Ricky

Ricky Member

I actually quite liked the story. I mean it was nothing amazing but I still enjoyed it. The art on the other hand...