Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

BO3 Multiplayer The Dark Matter Camo grind

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 3' started by Sulq, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

So with this installment, Treyarch has introduced a new Easter egg super camo for weapons. Essentially all you have to do is get every single weapon in the game gold. This is similar to what we saw in BO2 with the diamond camo. BO3 still has the diamond camo option which is getting every weapon in a certain class gold, such as getting all Assualt Rifles gold to unlock diamond.

So who's doing it? Anyone have it yet? I'm about 8 weapons in and almost all of my weapons left are about halfway done or more for the primary challenge (headshot and/or OHK's).

2. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Lol, have fun, you mothafucka. No way in hell am I going to put myself in the nuthouse by grinding out all the shotguns and sniper rifles in this game. Not even sure if I could get myself to do that in a single CoD cycle/year. Took me forever to get most golded in MW3, and that was with the easy leveling system. I'm just sticking to the diamond on the assault rifles (only two more for the headshot grind). Good enough unlocking for me, plus it doesn't sacrifice my stats or winning too much.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

The shotguns are not too difficult. I already have 2/4 done. I'm more concerned about snipers because Treyarch has ruined sniping in this game. It's kind of odd to say this, but sniping is too realstic and could benefit from a little aim assist.

The pistols are just going to be annoying to gold, and the launchers take forever. The combat knife bloodthirsty grind will be difficult, too. I just really want this camo though so I appreciate your support :)

4. PSIII

Staff Member

I hope you fail miserably.

Lol, good news is that the handguns aren't too bad in this game and there's only three of them. Though that's coming from a general standpoint. Don't know how long it'll take to gold them with headshots.

Good luck on those rifles. **** Treyarch and their anti-sniping maps and metagame. Their only purpose is to be there and annoy you when a 7-14 sort of player kills you with it.

You have to get headshots with the shotguns at all in this game for gold?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I unlocked the gold and diamond camos for my assault rifles and I'm done with consciously trying to unlock anymore weapon camos. Like PSIII said, I'm not going to drive myself mad trying to get headshots, or complete other criteria for a new visual option on a gun.

I'd rather cross my fingers I'm lucky enough to get the Black Market camos I like, for all the weapons I actually use. This too could drive me mad, but it will be a much longer journey...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Handguns are headshots, and with high caliber it's not too bad. The Brecci and Haymaker shotguns require headshots, because both are a 2HK in core. I just aim high when firing.

The anti sniping maps make getting bloodthirsties difficult. So I think what I will have to do is camp like a bitch and go agaisnt my nature by putting the ELO sight on them.

I got Storm for the Weevil. It is by far the best Black Market camo I've seen in the game.

7. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

Storm camo looks awesome. I agree it's the best looking animated camo in the game. My favourite basic camo from the Black Market is Dust. I just like the colours and pattern on it...

8. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I got it! Back in like February sometime lol. Also have the Marshal 16 in Dark Matter and max prestiged.

I've been rocking it since and now I'm currently working on reaching max prestige for all of my weapons. I have 2 shotguns, 2 pistols, 2 AR's, & 2 SMG's left. Probably not going to max prestige my snipers aside from the RSA Interdiction.

9. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

You got what back in February? Dark matter camo?

10. PSIII

Staff Member

Well, big difference compared to my first reply. I got the stupid camo earlier this week. Pretty funny that shotguns were the second thing I finished even though I said I wouldn't. Back then, I ended up just telling myself to keep using non golded guns for whatever reason, a casual approach to it all.

Did it while maintaining a 2+ KD too. Dunno how, the knife was retarded. Tell me the ****in logic behind the melee no longer a 1HK, and to get it, you need to spends a point on a knife that needs to be switched to for use. It's not viable/practical at all, just use your ****in gun. It's only purpose is to satisfy the stupid knifing playstyle.

I started this dumb game in mid/late January (I honestly forgot), so at least four months. I really don't like this game (reeeeaaaaaalllllly don't like it), so now I'm cutting down on it significantly.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah back in February sometime. I got most of my weapons max prestiged as well and rocking the kill counter with Dark Matter camo.

Also, I'm shooting for 100% completion of the challenges for the calling card. But I think it is going to take awhile since I'm only at 60% completion.

I have a 1.47 KD with a 332 SPM. I consider myself a decent player, able to effectively use most weapons and properly react to various situations because of these challenges that I am trying to complete. However looking at some, they are going to be a nightmare to complete.