Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Daryl Dixon Mourning Corner

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead TV Characters' started by Johnnie Walker, Feb 27, 2015.

1. lis5112

lis5112 Well-Known Member

^^^ This. I am actually handling this better than I thought I would.

2. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

I think the chances for him to die are higher than 50/50. If Glenn is already alive and they plan to kill him in 616, that must be very well done; in a scale from 1 to 10, a 17. And I doubt the writers are that good, Gimple tends to overcomplicate things, but making things complicate isn't the same as make them well done.

Actually, Daryl doesn't have a storyline, he just pops a couple of minutes each couple of episodes and that's all. I don't know if that's because the writers ran out of ideas or they don'try to pull out something interesting. But also they don't follow the stories they pose. I think, i.e., about the child abuse book. Why did they show that book? To remind us about Daryl's past? Well, I don't know about other people, but I have a very good memory and I don't need any reminder. Maybe they thought about a new story, but they seem to have forget about that. There was a moment when I thought they would make Daryl meet Sam and relate to him, as victims of domestic violence (maybe Sam's father didn't hit him, but Sam could have been witnessed that against his mother) but were going to reach the msf, Sam will die and Daryl will never meet him and know that Sam experienced something like he did when child.

Also, there's a lot of characters, and the writers has shown a disturbing incapacity to write for a big cast. Specially now. How are the writers going to make room for Daryl and Abraham and Jesus (and maybe also Glenn and Morgan) as Rick's allies if they couldn't do it when it was just Daryl and Tyresse? When Tyresse was still alive, I thought that some aspects of his story should be modified (after ts19, Tyresse's daughter story was pointless), but he could still play a role as important as in the comic; I mean, Daryl was Rick's wingman, but Tyresse could be some kind of lieutenant. In the current storyline, Daryl, Abraham and Jesus could play that kind of role, but it seems they are going to continue with the same pattern: Rick's has a right hand man, he dies and a new one replace the dead one. And that make me worry about Abraham also: Although Daryl dies, Abraham will have to give prominence to Jesus.

I know that none of this makes sense (also my english seems never improve), but I lost hope the writers would give Daryl a good story. The only thing we have to wait is some more episodes where he's giving some prominence, which will lead to his death. As always.

Bethwin's law is infallible.

[​IMG]

#102 Johnnie Walker, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015
  3. Johnnie Walker

Translation: Daryl dies this season

4. calliope

calliope Active Member

I think we have to put our faith in good old American greed.

It would be a very bad business decision to kill Daryl and at the end of the day this is a business and AMC is in it for the money,

5. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Daryl isn't dying this season.

There is, of course, the unlikely possibility that

Don't really think Daryl will die this season

6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Another reason to think Darryl will die: that motorcycle show they inexplicably gave him.

7. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

Plenty of actors have other projects they work on. Since Daryl has been on set filing for almost every episode, I have no reason to believe he's been killed off. While I personally wouldn't mind at this point (he' kinda cooling down as a character for me), I really don't believe he's going to die anytime soon (in this season anyways).

8. Johnnie Walker

Norman posted this song yesterday:

[video]https://youtu.be/hQCZD7FRL90[/video]

He's warning us. Daryl's so ****ing dead.

I don't work today, so I can get drunk.

#108 Johnnie Walker, Jan 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  9. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

LIAR! Johnnie, your mama needs to wash your filthy mouth out with soap! >crosses fingers<

10. calliope

calliope Active Member

I hate to be a pessimist, but between this and the interaction on the panel with Greg N, I'm starting to get a very bad vibe about this.

11. hellbunny

hellbunny Member

Glenn's death has a lasting impact on the comics, I still think it'll be him.

I don't want the Dazzler to die a virgin.

12. Johnnie Walker

Cow is our last hope.

[​IMG]

13. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

It's been years and you're still waiting for Daryl to die. Glad you have been wrong all this time! :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

Hilarious thread! Five years on since the start of this mourning thread, ten years into the series, and Daryl is still as indestructible as ever.

Funny, I have never ever, not for a fleeting moment, thought there was any chance Daryl could die.

15. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Daryl survived through a lot of the years probably mainly because he had such a big fan base (and for a lot of female fans probably the main reason they watched the show). Now they aren't going to kill him because if they did the show would truly be on its last legs as there aren't that many fan favorite characters left anymore.

#115 lastcat3, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
  16. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I partially agree.

In many ways Daryl has kind of become the beating heart of the show. He doesn't even need to do much, just the fact he's there, somehow grounds and binds us to the story. He's just that constant even Carol can't quite be, and Rick should have been but sadly isn't any more. Daryl resonates with people (male or female) because he's a smart survivor. His mental and physical strength is awe inspiring, whilst he's also super sensitive and struggles with huge insecurities and past hurts. Everyone likes him, even his enemies can't help but warm to him. He has a certain charisma that is part Norman but in a big part a very thoughtfully crafted character that manages to stay enigmatic even after all these years, whilst also easily relatable.

I wouldn't say though that the show is on its last leg. I think they're doing very well creating new fan favourites. It's the nature of the beast, that characters in this story come and go. The show has lost viewers for many reasons, but mostly because a lot of people don't like change. The show has changed dramatically over the years, and that didn't suit everyone. Others left during the dark times whilst the show struggled, unable to see it through. Those who stuck with it, are richly rewarded now. Change is good. Change is necessary. As long as there are just a few crucial constants. Daryl is certainly one, when it comes to TWD.