Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The diabetic that got bit...

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by Damaniel, Nov 16, 2015.

1. leonard_tepper

It was nucking futs, that's for sure.

2. forceten

forceten Member

Heating oil and diesel will keep for years, but gas without some additives seems to go bad in 3-6 months (gumming up everything).

2 years in - all those cars would have dead batteries, gas would be bad all over too. Now diesel trucks would still start up - if they could get a battery jump or were on solar powered trickle charges (I use 2 panels to keep my mower and atv battery fully charged all the time)

3. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I got the impression that "Tina" was a little naive and wimpy. She looked too well groomed and not very alert and attentive for being out in the ZA. I kinda that that whole little group was handling things like a veteran would. Their little fire ploy could have started a raging forest fire which would only hurt them and not the walkers. I was more surprised that she just laid down between the walkers and let them munch. She didn't seem to struggle with her arms at all.

4. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

Specifically given what they had to do to get the insulin most likely...

5. Busted Flipflop

Well let's just hope Daryl gets his crossbow back. That's an even bigger tragedy.

6. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

That whole scene is funny and odd...
    I had to watch it again, it really is cheap.

She did at first only kneel down between the two rotting corpses, then one of those 'things' hisses...
    And she RISES!!!
    She gets completely upright, and almost without pause she then proceeds to "fall" between them... And basically lays there screaming, she had no reason to have fallen other than maybe low insulin?

As for what they were covered in, I can buy that it was some sort of plexiglass / lexan, I don't think most greenhouses are truly made of glass although it was sure some strange looking shards after they broke, looked like glass after it broke, but before it looked a lot like plastic that had melted and re-formed...
    Don't know but I'm willing to buy that it wasn't in the best of shape and thus broke easily, whether it was glass or lexan or plexiglass I don't have a problem with this.

Very bad acting really, at least the walker could have reached out and grabbed her arm or ankle or something that made her fall as she tried to get away... Maybe she could have at least tried to 'swat' at them or act like she was fighting or trying to hold them back, too.

#26 8307c4, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  7. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

For small and 'cheap' greenhouse, a common material is polycarbonate/plastic. It comes in various forms, shapes and sizes. It could even come in like a roll where you can lay and cut to your own length. It has a fairly low melting point too, around 150C. That is likely what they used in that greenhouse. After it melts and cools down, it loses its flexibility and becomes hardened and crispy and could be broken just like that in the show. Glass is unlikely as it is more expensive and its melting point is 1000+ C, an unlikely temp reached in that forest fire.

8. Charmander

Charmander Member

I find it kind of weird how the walkers stayed dormant while they were approaching/talking.

9. Blueman

The show sometimes conveniently writes walkers to behave like that. I think the most classic one is how Hershel was bitten while he was walking in front of a 'sleeping' walker.

Take a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=165QoC6E29A

10. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

What is funny (and yet, not funny at all at the same time) is "The Last Man on Earth" has shown the fuel going bad, food expiring, erosion of infrastructure... Z-Nation has shown nuclear power plants melting down w/o maintenance. It is like tongue-in-cheek shows seem to be following the apocalypse rules better than one based on "Realism".

11. Blueman

Even so-called 'reality' TV shows are still staged to a certain degree.
    There isn't much 'realism' in the tube.
    (Sometimes, even news can be manipulated too. But this is an off-topic.)

12. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

Shhhh! "THEY" will hear you.

;P

13. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

My own rule is that if the show ALWAYS shows gas working or car batteries never dying, then it's all good with me. I basically buy into more or less that parallel universe concept. The only problem is if some gas starting having rotten gas conveniently when a zombie is about to catch up with someone, but then they never run into bad gas ever again (until they need another death 3 seasons later). Inconsistency is a problem. They can make up all the rules they want and I'll easily fly by it, as long as they are consistent.

Some stuff they are, and some they aren't.

One thing is for sure, in this universe, ankles are 40 times weaker than in ours and 80 times more likely to get twisted.

14. Stuartino

Stuartino Member

I do a special ankle workout at the gym overtime, in preparation for ZA.

15. ella_k

ella_k Member

I`ve twisted my ankle 4 times ... and it wasn`t even ZA.

Totally possible.

Also once you twist it, it becomes very prone to .. re-twisting.

#35 ella_k, Nov 23, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2015