Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer The 'Did you know?' thread

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by A.C, Jan 19, 2013.

1. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Post all your quirky discoveries/tips/jumps/spots in here..

Mine for the day is as follows:

If you run Scavenger and a Betty you can effectively get 'Danger Close' benefits. You don't get the luxury of starting with 2 betties, but if you deploy your betty, kill someone, then re-supply - the Scav pack contains a betty allowing you to deploy a second betty. So you can have two on the go - the first one does not 'up and explode' once the seccond has been deployed. The key to this working is having deployed your original betty before you pick up a Scav pack.

Thought this was a pretty cool find, considering my 'betty class' usually used Danger Close, but now that I know this, I've done away with Danger Close and got an additional 2 points to spend in my class.

For what it's worth, I don't think that you should be able to do this if you don't have Danger Close equipped - but I'm not complaining either.

If you knew this, awesome - if you didn't, save yourself 2 points and pop me some rep if you will find this, or anything else posted in this thread, useful.

• The Bouncing Betty can one hit kill an enemy with impact, even in core. Take two of these and use them as frisbees. -Haba
    • You can throw a Care Package out of the map or on a roof and get it with a Black Hat, save you the embarrassment of being shot and robbed. -CUSH7Y
    • The combat knife is has built-in Extreme Conditioning; it allows you to run twice as far as you can when carrying a gun. -Diogenerate
    • If you are playing Hardpoint on Hiacked you can throw a grenade in the vent on the pool and hit the hardpoint in the centre below deck. -BoabMcScruff
    • The EMP grenade effect works through walls. -Johngalt
    • You can throw a grenade in the chimney on the blue house on Nuketown and it'll fall into the house and explode. -articzap
    • You can black hat ANYTHING in one hit. After countermeasures gets deployed of course. -I_Be_You
    • When you aim in a direction, the surrounding objects will turn blurry for FoV and focusing reasons. But did you know, if you're not up close on an object to where it's not blurry when aiming in a direction, it will turn blurry on it's own which indicates an enemy is coming towards you from some where in that direction. -Hotchkiss
    • The spark from a destroyed Bouncing Betty can kill you. -HiAsEva24
    • Even though you have to enter a match with no weapons or perks to complete the Wet Work challenge, you can still pick up a gun and get a Relentless, and it will still allow you to complete it (meaning your kills do not have to come from the knife). -theedeadmau5
    • Hardline reduces score needed by 20%. -Bonequi
    • Rapid Fire reduces range by 50-75%. -Bonequi
    • The effect from hitting yourself with your own EMP grenade is much shorter than that of being hit with an enemy EMP grenade. So if you get hit with an enemy EMP, you can EMP yourself and get your HUD back in ~2 seconds instead of ~10 seconds. -Fumbles
    • You can shoot down a Hellstorm Missile. -CUSH7Y
    • You can hack/destroy a Care Package helicopter even after it has dropped the crate. -theedeadmau5
    • EMP grenades can take out Trophy Systems as well. -Moofda
    • Putting C4 on either the sliding door in Drone or very near it, it becomes a pseudo-proximity based explosive. If you get close enough to the sliding door for it to open, the C4 explods by itself. Does not work if you put it on the floor or the ceiling near the door. -DJ piNoy
    • You can throw C4 onto the train on Express and detonate it later to kill people on the other side of the map. -BoabMcScruff
    • Sometimes the Target Finder will show the red square through a wall, just for a split second when an enemy gets close, allowing you to be prepared for a barrage. -Diz_Infinite
    • If you knife right before grabbing the ladder, you will bring your gun back up significantly faster than if you didn't. -UoG
    • If you destroy a Dragonfire with an EMP grenade, the Dragonfire can explode and kill a nearby enemy, also counts as a kill with the Dragonfire. -Shok V
    • If you and a teammate both have scavenger, you can pick up each other's bags. A minor convenience for most classes, but it grants explosive classes some free ammo. Also a good thing for those going for the crossbow bloodthirsty. -Xero_K
    • You can always restore a trophy systems health. If it blocks something, pick it up and put it down quickly. It restores the health right back to 100. -MC917
    • You can shoot the doors on drone to open them instead of waiting to get up close. -Moofda
    • In Standoff, crouch in front (yes, in front - hence why it's not a good spot for camping) of the hay-bails to the right of the tank (if you were coming round the left of the map from A spawn) and aim beneath the sign above the broken wall and you have a clear view of that window. It's very hard to see you from where they will be sitting and there's little to no chance of them checking there for an opponent. -LMG DIRKADIRKA
    • Flak Jacket does NOT protect you from your own explosives. -MFPQ
    • For those who use Care Packages frequently, make sure that you use your tokens to unlock the streaks; that way you can unlock the challenges towards said streak. For instance, if you get a Swarm in a Care Package but if you dont have it unlocked you wont get credit for the Swarm challenge. -CallMeTinCup
    • When you call in a Lightning Strike, you essentially get one free sweep of the UAV. If you put the Lightning Strike away without calling it in, you don't get another sweep of the UAV. However, in round based games like search, demo, dom, etc the UAV effect resets between rounds. -Fumbles
    • If you spawn at C side spawn when playing Domination on Hijacked, you can immediately kill yourself by jumping off the back of the boat then spawn behind the enemies at A. -DJ piNoy
    • To get Bloodthirsty for the crossbow, you can play Sticks and Stones. If you have no honor, you can even add a second controller for you to kill. -Fauxost
    • The infamous Hijacked spawn glitch can also be performed on Raid when you spawn on the side with the car garage. -Fuzzy

• Like Like x 5
  2. Haba

Haba Well-Known Member

Did you know, that bouncing betty can one hit kill an enemy with impact, even in core. Take two of these and use them as frisbees. Btw it is pretty nice trolling class, try it if you are bored. (It might be kinda tricky in core, but atleast in hc they are effective :D).

3. Bullet Magnet

Bullet Magnet Well-Known Member

ive been killed this way in core. but it took two hits. the bb hit me then bounced off a wall and hit me in the leg and i died. the bb on the otherhand was still active and waiting for another victim.
    thats worthy of some sort of repeal in my opinion just like getting stabbed in the toe and dying instantly.

4. CUSH7Y

CUSH7Y Member

Did you know... you can throw a care package out of the map or on a roof and get it with black hat, save you the embarrassment of being shot and robbed..

5. Diogenerate

Diogenerate Member

Did you know... the combat knife is has a built in extreme conditioning, it allows you to run twice as far then when carrying a gun

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoabMcScruff

BoabMcScruff Active Member

If you are playing hardpoint on highjacked you can throw a nade in the vent on the pool and hit the hardpoint in the centre below deck.

7. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

Nice lads.. keep em coming!

8. Legion

Legion Well-Known Member

Did you know that the emp grenade effect works through walls?

9. articzap

articzap Member

You can throw a nade in the chimney on blue house on nuketown and it'll fall into the house and explode.

10. I_Be_You

I_Be_You Member

You can black hat ANYTHING in one hit. After countermeasures gets deployed of course.

11. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

This one's sort of difficult to explain:

When you aim in a direction, the surrounding objects will turn blurry for FoV and focusing reasons. But did you know, if you're not up close on an object to where it's not blurry when aiming in a direction, it will turn blurry on it's own which indicates an enemy is coming towards you from some where in that direction.

Say for instance, on Standoff, I'm taking cover near those boxes near the store aiming at the broken wall. If I move slightly to where the boxes or anything near me is not blurry anymore, it would turn blurry notifying when an enemy is coming before he even enters my field of view.

I'd have to get a video together.

12. HiAsEva24

HiAsEva24 Member

Did you know that spark from a destroyed bouncing Betty can kill you.

13. TH1RTY3E

TH1RTY3E Member

You can kill yourself by shooting an enemy's C4 if you're to close too it, and
    If you stick an enemy with a Semtex they can kill you even while you're at full health and wearing Flak Jacket (if they run at you before it explodes).

If you have aim assist enabled (I assume you do?) when you pass close to an enemy you can't see (he's behind a wall or something) your gun will start to drag in the direction of the enemy.

14. theedeadmau5

theedeadmau5 Active Member

did you know that even though you have to enter a match with no weapons or perks to complete the wet work challenge, you can still pick up a gun and get a relentless and it will still allow you to complete it? meaning your kills do not have to come from the knife

did you know to complete the backfire challenge you have to either carry a secondary weapon or no weapon at all when entering the match?

15. Bonequi

Bonequi Member

-Hardline reduces score needed by 20%
    -Rapid Fire reduces range by 50-75%
    -You can survive an RC-XD by using Flak Jacket
    -EMP nades can destroy Tact Insertions (very useful in Dom and Demo)

16. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

The effect from hitting yourself with your own EMP grenade is much shorter than that of being hit with an enemy EMP grenade. So if you get hit with an enemy EMP, you can EMP yourself and get your HUD back in ~2 seconds instead of ~10 seconds.

17. BoabMcScruff

that's brilliant. I didn't know that.

18. CUSH7Y

CUSH7Y Member

Did you know... you can shoot down a hellstorm missile...

19. BoabMcScruff

I sorta knew this, it was on the mythbusters bid posted on this site. Could you please explain to anyone who hasn't (and me as I forgot lol) seen it.
    Thank you

20. Kill Denied

Kill Denied Active Member

I never knew the Mythbusters busted myths about CoD.