Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Black Ops 2 Multiplayer The 'Did you know?' thread

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Black Ops 2' started by A.C, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Xero_K

Xero_K Member

ooo Metroid style

2. LMG DIRKADIRKA

On Standoff, there's a spot that I use frequently to pick off snipers in green window (the one by C on Domination). It's not a spot that's good for camping or commanding an area with, but it's a good place to take out the snipers sitting in that window as they won't expect it at all.

Crouch in front (yes, in front - hence why it's not a good spot for camping) of the hay-bails to the right of the tank (if you were coming round the left of the map from A spawn) and aim beneath the sign above the broken wall and you have a clear view of that window. It's very hard to see you from where they will be sitting and there's little to no chance of them checking there for an opponent.

It's a spot to use sporadically but it will get a free kill towards your streak if you know that there's a sniper (or two/three!) up there. Hope this helps a few of you out as I don't know how much of a "tip" it is, nor do I know how many people were aware of the line of sight - as I've said, I've seen a few vids on YouTube and none have picked up on it yet.

3. MFPQ

MFPQ Member

Did you know that Flak Jacket does NOT protect you from your own explosives?

Sent from my Toshiba Thrive using Tapatalk HD

4. CallMeTinCup

CallMeTinCup Member

For those who use carepackages frequently make sure that you use your tokens to unlock the streaks, that way you can unlock the challenges towards said streak. For instnace, if you get a swarm in a carepackage but you dont have it unlocked you wont get credit for the swarm challenge. I know there are carepackage haters out there but i love the carepackage cause you never know what you're gonna get, and everything it drops is usefull even if its a uav or hunter killer 90% of the time.

5. whoisceejay

whoisceejay Member

Thats rad!

6. Fumbles

Fumbles Active Member

Another one that might be common knowledge, but is worth posting: when you call in a lightning strike, you essentially get one free sweep of the UAV. If you put the lightning strike away without calling it in, you don't get another sweep of the UAV. However, in round based games like search, demo, dom, etc the UAV effect resets between rounds. I can't imagine this would be too useful except in search, where you have a whole bunch of short rounds and you don't really want to call in an airstrike when there's only one guy left on the enemy team, but you can use the lightning strike as kind of a mini UAV.

EDIT: This has apparently been patched as of April 10th. You only get one UAV "ping" with a lightning strike now, it doesn't reset between rounds.

7. DJ piNoy

DJ piNoy Active Member

Did you know that...

If you spawn at C side spawn when playing Domination on Hijacked, you can immediately kill yourself by jumping off the back of the boat then spawn behind the enemies at A.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LMG DIRKADIRKA

You can also throw a grenade up the vent from below deck, too...

9. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Stuck this thread.

Make sure the tips stay good.

10. Gaidax

Gaidax New Member

Assault shield protects your back when you are not using it.

11. Andio

Andio Member

Just did a free roam to check this out & it's awesome, one I certainly hadn't noticed.

Great find! :)

12. LMG DIRKADIRKA

Glad it helped.

Its usefulness really is dependent on the game type and the opposition team. You may be lucky and be in a lobby with no camping snipers where this spot will be void, but there's other times where two-three of their team will be sat looking out of the window...

13. Fauxost

Fauxost Well-Known Member

To get Bloodthirsty for the crossbow, you can play Sticks and Stones. If you have no honor, you can even add a second controller for you to kill.

14. Fuzzy

Fuzzy Member

Did you know... The infamous hijacked spawn glitch can also be performed on raid when you spawn on the side with the car garage.

15. Titans28

Titans28 New Member

I need some help!! For some reason my prestige has gone away. I am prestige 2 level 25. When I went back online it said that I prestige 1

16. yaboiyoungfreeze

yaboiyoungfreeze New Member

a funny did you know.
    Did you know that if you shoot a guy before he shoots you and you hit him more times with the bullets you will get the kill :)

17. Junaid

Junaid Well-Known Member

Hey Ghenemy, how about you edit the following (click the spoiler) into your OP? Out of boredom, I combined everyone's tips into a single bulleted list, altered some of them to correct spelling/improve presentation, and left their name at the end. I thought it would be cool to have this as a thread that users can have quick access to for interesting facts and information.

(I hope no one gets offended if I omitted your tip. Some of them I felt are not really trivial/unkown enough or didn't really fit the idea of the thread.)

To edit into OP, make sure to quote it first and then copy/paste the list with the 'bulleted list' BBCode format, otherwise the dot points will look uglier haha.

I may find the time to update this as well if you want me to.

• Like Like x 3
  18. A.C

A.C Well-Known Member

+Rep'd Junaid - when I get a moment (from my home PC), I shall definitely do that.

Glad to see the thread has taken off people - keep the tips coming, I'm sure someone somewhere will benefit.

19. Barns

Barns Active Member

Another one = you can EMP 'nade a Hellstorm Missile (that hasn't been 'burst') before it hits your team.

20. wby shooter

wby shooter Member

In the overkill secondary kills challenge you don't have to run a primary. This opens some spots for extra perks, or equipment. Also if the secondary is a Fal with select fire they don't count. Not for me anyway.