Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Dog [103] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Every time I kick this episode out of my easy chair, it farts.

2. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I can't believe Alicia tortured those kittens. And she brattily rolled her eyes after. Ugh, what a snob.

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

What???????? A proper section for episode 3. The squeaky wheel really does get the grease, or the oil, or at the very least WD40

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Yes, props to @H5N1 and [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] for creating these separate sub-fora. Now we can heap scorn on this miserable episode in proper fashion.

5. Neuropyramidal

It does indeed. It does indeed. Speaking of oil, do you happen to have any axe body wash? The pre-trailer ads are really working on my brain.

6. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Tobias wasn't in it. That's an automatic fail for me.

7. Neuropyramidal

If you'd like I can wear a Tobias costume and dance next to your TV during the episode.

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

That would be most amusing.

9. Neuropyramidal

I just require that my water and food dish be changed once per day.

10. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

I hope Travis isn't planning on hiding guns in the apocalypse. It was stupid when Dale did it, and it's not any better now after seeing somebody getting their face blown off and still keep coming.

11. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Does it bother anyone else that NO ONE is turning on the tv, going on the Internet, listening to an emergency radio broadcast, ANYTHING, to try to find out what's going on?
    No? Just me then? Okay.

Also, not enough Rick Grimes.

12. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Very good point. Even in Night of the Living Dead they did that, and that was 47 years ago....

13. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Tobias is lol

14. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

The world is going to shit...my son shot a man and then ran over his walking corpse more than once...my daughter's boyfriend has a severely infected bite mark and a high fever, so we left him all alone in his house...my boss tried to eat one of my students so I bashed his head in with a fire extinguisher...we have electricity, so I could see if there's anything about this shit on the news, but nah, I have a better idea....whoooooooo's up for a game of Monopoly!

[​IMG]

15. mtlguy

mtlguy New Member

I was wondering about that too. The writers really made the main characters extremely naive. EVERYONE knows about zombies these days, it's not like if you see someone with pale skin, blood on their face and walking like a zombie, you might think, hey maybe it is a zombie?? Like when that guy was eating the dog, and he thought maybe he would snap out of it and goes to touch him?? The writers are really bad for this show. When there is a chaotic situation, and you know there is bad crap outside, who just leaves a door open or doesn't try to reinforce windows? Not that I expect everyone to know what to do for every situation. But when you see a zombie standing near a fence that wants to KILL you, who would go up to the fence and then have a conversation while it is right there? Then they go into the car, windows rolled down, not looking around anywhere, like they were going on a trip to the beach without a care in the world.

The show is just too not believable to continue watching. Time to hire writers that actually can at least provide a set of characters who would act the way normal people would act. People would be scared, looking to protect themselves and not play board games. I'll probably still end up watching more episodes since there is nothing else to watch on sunday nights, but after 3 episodes, I just keep thinking how bad the writers are after each show so far.

16. banks

banks Member

Stupid question that I even bothered AMC with: did anyone else find that the zombie that Chris saw at the barber shop looked intelligent? This bothered me in the preview too. I can't seem to get over it, which is dumb.

17. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

What do u mean by "Intelligent"? They only showed the zombie's eyes for like a second...

18. banks

banks Member

Zombie eyes

He didn't have that dead eyed stare the zombies usually have. I wouldn't even have identified him as a zombie if it weren't for those turquoise zombie eyes this series has.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I know what you mean. The way he was looking through the window and standing straight up, it seemed as if something was going on behind those eyes. But I think maybe it was to represent our heroes' perception of the infected, because besides Maddy, Nick, and Travis, the others didn't realize they were actually dead. When Chris peeks through the window, he assumes the people are just sick.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I should be asleep, so in order to make that happen I am simply going to copy and paste my comment from the ratings thread:

Second watching and I am still on the fence about this episode. While I think it had some very good moments, the episode as whole seemed a bit lackluster. Maybe I was expecting a bit more in the way of the riots, the fall of the hospital, law enforcement although trying to maintain order yet failing, etc. All of those types of scenarios just seemed a bit rushed to me. And while I would have like a bit more exploration of these scenes, it would have slowed down the progression of moving our characters' stories forward. I suppose there is only so much that you can get into each episode of a short six episode season and still maintain the forward momentum.

BTW....I miss Rick