Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Dog [103] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. banks

banks Member

Thanks, maybe that was the case.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

No problem. That's just my guess, because it bothered me too, when I saw it in the previews. Usually the actors playing the walkers seem more "dead," and the one from the barber shop seemed as if he had failed walker school. ;) But because he's a featured walker, I have to assume that the way he was looking and acting was deliberate. Another explanation is that these walkers are so fresh, compared to the main show, that they seem almost alive. Nicotero et al. have said in a number of interviews that they're taking a bit of a different approach to the walkers in this show, to emphasize their freshness.

3. banks

banks Member

If a different approach for the zombies is the case then they need to be consistent because the other FTWD zombies looked "dead".

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I keep going back to what Merle looked like, he was 'fresh' when Daryl found him and his eyes were really glazed over. Good ole Susan had brown eyes it looked like at first. and remember Amy? her eyes were all glazed over.

5. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

Did anyone else find the arrival of the military guys in Patrick and Susan's backyard highly improbable? I mean, they came in guns blazing as if they knew she was back there, but how would they have known?

6. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Face off ain't enough. Gotta get the brain.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I rate it a 5.

Daniel Salazar was the only interesting character this episode.

8. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

A little too much of a deus ex machina, being right in the nick of time and all. And they already have a nick. And on a related note there was a movie starring Johnny Depp called Nick of Time.Weird.

9. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

OK, well, Travis is a dipstick.

10. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

I actually liked this episode significantly better than the first two.

I do think the environment looks off. It's complete chaos around the barbershop and everything looks fine at the Clarks' neighborhood. Apparently, despite several walkers roaming the place, the streets are serene, quiet and orderly. Hell, everybody still remembered to take out the garbage.

11. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

I liked it. There were some things that seemed improbable, like getting the monopoly game out and not being straight up with Alicia, but then again Madison doesnt really know what they're dealing with at that point. I thought it was clever. They are taking garbage out and stuff bc its second nature still, it makes sense to me anyway, they arent in survival mode. I thought the Salazars were boring until this episode. Im not a fan of Chris' actor up to this point but the dynamic with all the families and the two wives is kind of funny. I thought it was a brilliant episode tho. My favourite part... 'Hello Susan...' I found Susan's character comical, but what did they do to Patrick? Did they kill him? :zombies_nosmile:

12. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Get the family together we have to flee into the desert because SHTF! Coworkers and neighbors are turning into some kind of cannibalistic creatures?! Must not forget to put the garbage out for collection!!! Ha Ha . Is this a spinoff of TWD or Z nation?

13. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

No. They came in with rifles at the ready, kind of what you would expect when civilization is starting to fall and they are beginning to get a clue what's going on: thus the head shot, chem gear, and quarantine of Susan's husband. They're obviously going through and clearing sections of the city in a methodical way as if they were in a combat zone, which they are.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes, they came rushing in as if they were responding to a 911 call.... But other then that I really enjoyed the episode..

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

Yes, that seemed a bit goofy to me too..

16. Lupey

Lupey Member

Just glad that Delta Ranger MARSOC Green Beret was able to kick in the gate and fire off that head shot on the move while wearing a chem mask.......

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

True enough. I'm grasping at straws in order to explain it to myself. :) If it had been a random walker in the back acting OOC, I'd assume it was simply an oversight. But that one was featured and looked malevolent, so I have to assume it was intentional. I'm going to keep assuming that we were seeing it through Chris's eyes, and he thought they were sick or just crazy looters, otherwise it doesn't make much sense.

18. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

yeah, sometimes you just have to make up scenarios in your head to get around it. I also thought it was strange when they were running in that crowd, that we didn't see any shufflers in it, only saw the one cop eating a face off his buddy. That was pretty awesome, having them not even noticing things like that.

19. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I thought that was weird too, but then I remembered these people haven't been in the apocalypse long enough to stop living their suburban ways. I thought of it more like a force of habit ordeal than anything else.

20. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

They still think this is a temporary situation, a crisis they just need to ride out. It's only been a couple of days since they realized something is even going on.