Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Dog [103] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Exactly. It hasn't sunk in yet that their world is over.

2. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

When they all load up in the cars, there are 2 helicopters flying over. The military was already on the move in that area, perhaps they were spotted..or maybe it just happened to correlate with the systematic implementation of martial law the military is getting ready to lay down. They were seen checking houses and marking them towards the end, so they obviously didn't just show up for shits-n-giggles, they are implementing the plan. They see people running, screaming..and follow them.

3. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

YES IT DOES!!! I was ranting about that quite a bit while I was watching this ep.
    Also the fact that there's total chaos and Travis' truck was still there when they got out of the barber's.
    The quickest setting up of a monopoly game ever.
    And that selfish baby Nick. Man the @#$% up already and deal with your shit already!

#43 el_hombre, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  4. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I thought the whole garbage can scene was kind of strange. Travis rolls his out with what looks like a rug in it - probably the one he used to drag Peter out for burial in the back yard. And the neighbor looks kind of sketchy. What might he have had in HIS garbage?

5. TheTunnelRunner

Either it was an extremely intelligent zombie or a hallucination. All those tasty people, shiny fires, and loud noise out there and one chooses to peer through a slit in a metal security door???

6. TheTunnelRunner

There was a helicopter directly above. The zombie's husband looked up as he was going in. The helicopter was difficult to hear due to the constant blaring music they are trying to steer peoples' emotions with.

7. TheTunnelRunner

If anyone had been freaking out or the kids were a lot younger the monopoly game might have mad sense to keep them calm. They are often bizarrely nonchalant. I think that's scarier than the cannibalizing "ill" ones.

8. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

YES! Maybe he had a night like the Clarks. And where is the rest of Peter's family?

9. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I think they were just reliving the period when the father died just like Alicia says and it seems pretty normal to me to fall back on what worked in the past to stay calm in bad times.

Poor Doggy for sure but how do you teach a Dog to bite the head off first!

The Dead are a lot more Fresh here too and a lot tougher to take down it seems when this fresh.
    That Susan scared the crap out of me!

I was impressed by Madison's quick thinking about the Grave and saying it was their dog too,she clearly has what it will take to think on her feat as society collapses and Daniel has the guts and experience to pull the trigger as needed too.
    If you want to understand why a little better then look at the history of the El Salvador Civil War they lived through and I think it will make more sense.

I also think Travis will come to see what is going on but as of now this seems like a pretty decent cross section of the feelings that would actually show up when people try to figure out how to accept what they are now seeing.
    Can you imagine seeing Hospitals over run and the carnage right where you think to go for help?
    I can easily picture the Hospitals going first as that is where the Dead are Born!

Ophelia does speak both languages but they did not really teach her Spanish is what they were saying,she is going to turn out to be a lot better character than it seems right now I have a feeling too.

I really liked the dialogue between the Wives too,this could be interesting as a Triangle like with Rick,Shane and Lori but i a very different way.
    The Mothers are very strong and may be even better together which is not really what you expect.
    I loved this episode,now this Shit is starting to Get Real!:hatchet:

#49 EZD, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  10. Driver'sSeat

Driver'sSeat New Member

Um, yes! In fact when I saw that scene in the previews, I thought surely it had to be something else, not a zombie although maybe he was JUST atm going through the transformation process and still had some human. It didn't have any characteristics of the zombies we've seen - it looked cold and calculated. It reminded me a bit of Darth Sidious. LOL

11. banks

banks Member

Haha, good catch. He also wasn't interested in any of the live bodies behind him. Weird.

12. Znuts

Znuts Member

The character i'm liking the least is Daniel the barber. He's a jerk and not very understanding. Granted, he's probably seen some stuff down in El Salvador during the civil war, but still. He gets onto Chris for touching one of his straight razors, but then blows Peter's head off in someone else's home and doesn't even offer to help clean up. I kind of hope he goes down when his wife inevitably turns.

13. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

The show has too many sloppy loose ends and they just keep compounding instead of getting better. Travis would have just buried Peter in the rug not fought to get him out of it so he could dispose of it properly. The list of disappointing writing is very long and I think will get longer for three more weeks. Maybe they will make some corrections in the next set of episodes.

14. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

"he doesn't even offer to clean it up" hilarious analysis !

15. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

I think the point ur missing here is that...... Travis is an idiot...

#55 mtito914, Sep 15, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2015
  16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I bought the rug thing because it would be a much larger hole to dig with that huge roll of carpet in it too, and he already had a body and a large dog. that's pretty good sized right there. Would have been fairly easy to just unroll the rug and dumb the bodies in the waiting hole. And since it was apparently garbage day, the rug would be down the road with no problems. He didn't want to be out there digging any longer than he had to.

17. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

The thing that kills me the most with all of this is how each of us seems to know how anyone else should react to seem realistic in this setting?

I think most of what I read here is from actual idiots but then the point of this seems to be that everyone will really see and act differently anyway which is what helps the Apocalypse start in the first place!

I think no one is right and no one is wrong,we each are different and will do different things given the same input which is what makes this whole thing so terrifying overall.

We see something happen and it makes sense to some and none at all to others.

I think this means that the show IS WORKING!

It is sure Human Nature sit in judgement of those we see but who the hell knows what is really right or wrong when you are watching people eating people in front of you?

Sort of changes your frame of reference if you know what I mean?

Some Survival Skills work and some do not.

18. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Zombiemom is right. It would take 20 seconds to roll Pete out of the rug, but if he leaves him in it, it's extra girth, Which means a bigger hole.

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yeah he's coming across as a bit entitled so far, but I think he will evolve into a more likable character. I think that him and Maddie are going to end up being co-leaders for a spell.

20. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

Yes,,,all this. Survival skills and logic go out the window in cases of immense horror. Take that busload of people who watched one passenger eat the face of another and then decapitate him,,,,none of them could help...they got as FAR away as possible. Real people in a real situation.....we all like to say we would be different but no one knows what they will do when the adrenaline kicks in.