Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Dog [103] LIVE REACTIONS THREAD

Discussion in 'Episode 103 - The Dog' started by Neuropyramidal, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Tara La Reine

Tara La Reine Member

I find that I worry about these people in a way that I don't with the cast of TWD because they're so vulnerable and unprepared. Now we know that Nick and Alicia's dad is dead. Seems like he was probably the addict. Nick is figuring things out, but he's going to have to deal with losing the drugs sooner or later. I liked Alicia more this episode. The family clearly has a history with Kindergarten Capitalism, which is cute. My family does, too. Daniel is sort of a jerk, but it seems like he's a survivor. Travis is going to have to learn to live with guns. Maddie's line about their dog dying was quick thinking. Who knows what the military would have done if they learned there had been a walker in the house.

2. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, I was thinking the same thing!

3. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

20 minutes until it airs here [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION]

4. Hope the Savior

I couldn't watch the show earlier tonight because it's Erev Rosh Hashanah, but I'm getting ready to watch it now. (I recorded it.) As for snacks, well, tonight is another smorgasbord due to the High Holy Days' festivities. We're snacking on leftover brisket, matzah ball soup, kugel, challah, apples and honey, fudge marble cake, and brownies.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Why did the military show up at Madison's house?

6. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

For the same reason why Rick was very conveniently able to find his family.

7. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

YUM!! Now I'm hungry!

8. Hope the Savior

I'd happily send you some, but the food will probably spoil even via the fastest shipping option. Of course, you're also more than welcome to hop on a plane and come over to my place. I'll set aside a big, ole plate for you with your name clearly labelled: "This plate - H5N1"...no one will dare touch it.

9. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Life is full of coincidences every day. They were obviously going through and methodically clearing sections of the city, neighborhood by neighborhood. Thus the spray painting on the house and the detailed questions to Madison.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

This is how things would end up in real life. Anarchy reigns for a while, then the military moves in and cleans out the mess, Martial Law, shots the riots, shots the zombies. Quarentine. Military law for a while. Problem solved. Also, Mister El Salvador seems to have seen his share of shit and is a stronger person than Travis o__o

EDIT; I think countries without (Like only one nation in the worls) in chaos (Civil war) or countries like Sweden, to big for its own good. Would be pretty ****ed. Sure you can hide away in the remote areas of my homeland but the whole army of 50k would be stationed in Stockholm pretty much while the police would be overwelmed and the "national guard" volunteers would probably not be able to cover much either.

EDIT: Somethings gonna go to hell here. Wonder what? Cause the military seems to secured this block. And they already know of the headshot to kill. I wonder how they will fix this! I was more thinking the nation was so taken by suprise it could not respond in time but this shows it did respond. So what made it worse? The small towns not getting any safety? Did West USA survive well enough? Who knows? We really don't know much at all in The Walking Dead. Perhaps Western USA is relatively untouched? Probably not.

Still, I guess old man El Salvador is one hell of a guy cause he knows it is to late! :)

#110 Marc, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  11. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Ruben Blades is in one of my most favourite obscure movies of all time. Dead Man Out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097164/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

I've only seen it once on late night television. Ruben Blades plays a prisoner on death row facing execution and he must be psychiatrically evaluated by Danny Glover to determine whether he's sane enough to face execution. Blades starts to mind fock the psychiatrist. I guess it must have been adapted from a play or something because it's very much a 2 hander between Blades and Glover. It is one of the most intense acting scenarios I have ever seen as Blades tries to send the psychiatrist mad and destroy him as a person. It's really good if you ever get a chance to see it. Would love to rewatch this.

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

It was Chris who saved Alicia from Susan, right? She sure didn't seem happy to have been grabbed by him. I wonder if the characters have some sort of backstory.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep Chris saved Alicia from Susan and Alicia slammed his nose in the aftermath of that struggle. I think Alicia was still running high from the fear driven adrenaline and was lashing out at anything and anyone who would touch her. I did not see it as an antagonistic move on her part, just a natural reaction to extreme fear.

14. Kilroy was here

Agreed, but to this point the character Chris has been nothing but a major phallus, so it is possible she was getting some payback for earlier interactions with him too. Maybe he had beat her at Monopoly?

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm on my way! lol

16. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

At this point in time if he were to be the first to bite the dust my feelings would be more of the shmeh level of to care or not to care
    [​IMG]

17. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

What do you think happen to Susan's husband?
    Was he quarentined? Killed?

18. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

We are just a few days into the apoc so I would venture to say that Susan's husband made it to a quarantine of sorts BUT as the days turn into weeks and the guise of law and order crumbles it will quickly become every person for themselves, no matter your station, be it civilian, law enforcement, military etc. All bets will be off in a short amount of time. A place of quarantine set aside will have quickly become a not so distant memory and those who had found themselves in the confines of such would be quickly executed I would guess.

19. Kilroy was here

Or left in their cell to starve to death after everybody ran off/died/turned,

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

true, true, true.....which would be far more gruesome (although probably not intentional) than being executed.