Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Effects of Cannibalism

Discussion in 'Episode 416 - A' started by SpawnAgain1, Mar 31, 2014.

1. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

2. Dave Himura

Dave Himura Member

I dont know, i guess it depends on the person you eat, something like the crazy cow disease.

I Said in other thread, how some persons survived in the andes after a plain crash by consuming their deceased friends meat (no food or water up there). As long as i know, neithr of the survivors went mad. One of them if i remember is a top pediatric cardiologist, i guess he wouldnt get that by getting mad.

3. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

I, personally, have never tried it & I can't speak for if it drives you crazy or not.

4. SpawnAgain1

SpawnAgain1 Member

Indeed they did, although if you read or watch the links you can catch the human form of mad cows disease through simply eating the flesh. scary stuff.

5. Lxwad

Lxwad Member

According to the bible, humans are they only animals created in the image of God, which I take to mean we have a God like spirit. If this is true, it would be taboo to eat a human, and would curse you, and eventually drive you mad.

6. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I eat my wife out whenever I can, it drives her mad,
    Me? I just get cramp in the tongue.

7. DeeLaurean

DeeLaurean Well-Known Member

I'm sticking my cramped tongue out at you as we speak.

8. Glenn's Deuce

Glenn's Deuce Member

PICS, or it didn't happen!

9. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

You're thinking of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease.

You only get this from eating the BRAINZ of dead people. It is not transmitted by eating their muscle tissue.

10. perthguy

perthguy Member

It does make you made over a period of time, hence mad cow disease. But short term no ill effects. No animal is designed to eat its own flesh basically.

11. Dave Himura

Dave Himura Member

Yeah, so pretty much if u eat flesh from someone with that "human cow disease" you're pretty much screwed xD

12. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

Its protein. Cool it well done and its just burnt protein. I'm sure its as bad as living off canned beans

13. TexinOhio

TexinOhio Member

Barring the consumption of brain matter, the ill effects would be mostly psychological I would believe. I think it could drive some people crazy after awhile knowing they were eating another human.

14. HeadlessHershel

I thought mad cow disease largely resulted from unsanitary slaughterhouse conditions and reduced temperatures during the rendering process. I don't see how eating meat is going to drive anyone crazy. Some island cannibal cultures persisted for a very long time before they were wiped out by the 'morally superior' Europeans. Historically most cannibals like Jeff Dahmer were actually quite intelligent.

15. perthguy

perthguy Member

I think they call it prions (Cant be bothered looking it up) when you eat meat from your own species. It builds up in the body. The cows were feed diced up carcasses including from old cows, hence the problem. Not very good farming practice.
    Going mad from the prions was also reported during world war two with cut off Japanese soldiers that resorted to cannibalism to survive.

16. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

It comes from eating brains, as established by studying cannibals in Papua Niu Guinea. Mad cow disease came about because they fed cattle with ground up cows and sheep, including their brain matter.

17. HeadlessHershel

Right but I think the feed was contaminated or infected because conditions were unsanitary at the slaughterhouse allowing brain and spinal cord tissue to be consumed. Also temperatures during the rendering process were too low to kill the bacteria. They allegedly stopped feeding blood, manure, and slaughterhouse waste to animals because solutions to fix these problems weren't cost-effective.

#17 HeadlessHershel, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  18. jetsixsix

jetsixsix Member

There may also be a psychological component, depending on the person (and whom they ate.) The candle room implies there may be a spiritual/ritualistic side of this, which could very well be done to justify/absolve the Terminati of their actions.

19. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

Lmao!!

20. The_Not_So_Dead

One of my medicine students said that as long as you don't eat the brain you don't get prion disease (don't know if he was pulling my leg, but he did mentioned the cannibals in Papua New Guinea where the researchers noticed that the women and children got the disease more; they found out that the women and children ate the brains). So technically I think it would be safe to eat human flesh, it's just that the idea that you're eating Auntie would be weird and it's not a practice that is "all right" in our society. But I know some species of apes/monkey's do it too.