Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Ending Ruined This Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Rapscallion, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Gimple is forcing square pegs into round holes just to get the main group members lined up for the infamous Lucille scene.

Having Glenn and Michonne get caught by Dwight and the Saviors was believable; neither of them are trackers. But Daryl, an experienced tracker walking into a trap like that was lazy writing. :zombies_mad:

2. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

The whole Daryl leaving to get revenge thing seemed a bit out of character too. If it was Carol that Dwight killed I could see it easily, but not over Denise

3. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Well, what else are they supposed to do? They have to get the scene set up, so OF COURSE this was gonna happen.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Is the art of tracking really that fool proof? Especially with hundreds of walkers wandering through the area?

5. zero7starz

zero7starz Member

As I understand, Walker tracks are easy to pick out because they stagger they don't walk in a straight line.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Yes. If your name is Aragorn, and this is a Lord of the Walking Dead Rings spinoff.

in real life, if you have to track a deer, it's a long, shifty day with no guarantee of a happy end.

Also, to quote Michonne, "anger makes you stupid. And stupid gets you killed."
    @Rapscallion, I know Daryl is your boy, but pobody's nerfect.

7. Neuropyramidal

sure, if they are leaving tracks in the mud. But you don't need to be a tracker to follow those kind of obvious tracks. Most paths taken through the woods wouldn't be that obvious.

8. Rapscallion

Shouldn't Daryl have the sense he was being followed, or at least that a group is close by? Dwight nabbed Michonne and Glenn shortly after they left Daryl. Also none of the Saviors are wearing camouflage; some of them are wearing bright clothes and short sleeves.

9. Neuropyramidal

Possibly, but we don't really know which direction the Savior group came from. They might not have intersected paths before Daryl and Glenn split up. Then he came back and found them probably because he did pick up on their trail.

10. Mello

Mello Member

You're getting mad at the wrong thing.

Lazy writing because of Daryl walking into that trap? I don't think so.
    Lazy writing because of Daryl going on a hunting spree because of DENISE? I think so.

11. Rapscallion

Come up with a believable scenario: Dwight leads Glenn and Michonne out into a clearing, Michonne's sword in hand, and shouts he'll decapitate them (like the Governor killed Hershel) unless Daryl surrenders.

Rick gets an ultimatum from a Savior to meet at a rendezvous point if he wants his group back. That night, Rick and Abraham drive to the location where they find a small army of Saviors holding their friends captive. Rick and Abraham are forced to surrender their weapons and kneel alongside their friends. The Saviors clear a path and a tall man with a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire steps out of the crowd.

"Hi. I'm Negan." :shining:

12. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Then what would the 90-minute Finale consist of? A super, drawn out speech by Negan? I don't think so. Not even issue 100 did that.

13. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

So what is lazy writing? The writer has somebody else do the typing for them because it's too much effort for them to do it? They only use A,E,I, and O but are too lazy to use U? They produce a script without punctuation, because they can't be bothered?

14. purriwinkle

purriwinkle Well-Known Member

Glen was trying to warn Daryl but Daryl didn't seem to pick up on it. Didn't even shift his position slightly to maybe check on what was causing Glenn to all but scream nooooo....Seemed odd to me.

15. GuitarlCarl

GuitarlCarl Member

He didn't go out just because of Denise, but because of the cumulative effect of all the crap with Dwight, of which Denise was the last straw. She had been making friends with him though, remember the homemade granola bar she gave him?

16. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I think it was a cookie, if I recall correctly. A sh*tty-looking cookie, I might add.

17. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. That's what I was coming here to say.

Daryl had trusted Dwight. He asked him the three questions necessary to join the group, and he helped him and his girlfriend escape the other Saviors. And Dwight threw it back in his face, stole his bike and crossbow, and made a fool of him. And then it came back to bite Daryl in the ass big time. Dwight could have killed any one of them with the arrow.

And also, yes, he was making friends with Denise. He had that talk with her about her brother ("Sounds like we had the same brother"), and took crap from her about driving a stick shift.

I don't think it's out of character at all for him to blame himself for what happened. He blamed himself for Beth, too. When he can't protect the people around him, he feels powerless.

18. 1Izwho1iz

1Izwho1iz New Member

Tracking is more difficult than daryl makes it seem. Could be easy in some situations, near impossible in others. What really gets me is how everyone is able to sneak like a ninja through the woods. The ground would be covered in leaves and felled branches. In the woods with no noise around you hear everything.

19. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

I'm getting a bit tired of experienced survivors in the group just heading off into the big bad world outside the walls with no plan, no strategy, and basically just driving straight into ambushes or stumbling around until some bad guys find them. Morgan doesn't even bother with a gun. What if he comes up against some bad guy with a gun (which is basically all of them) - will he throw his stick at them or tell them all about how people can change? Glenn and Michonne are standing in the middle of known bad guy territory having a loud philosophical chat, not bothering to keep watch or find cover to stop in - and oh goodness, they got compromised. Darryl and Rosita were just as bad. And everyone just takes off in dribs and drabs from Alexandria with no coordination because feelings. These people can't expect to survive. It's a miracle they got this far.

20. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Member

So because Dwight hurt his feelings and he feels all guilty he just took off in the hopes of finding Dwight in the middle of Saviour Land and trusted that his 3 or 4 arrows would keep him safe?