Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Ending Ruined This Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 615 - East' started by Rapscallion, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Charmander

Charmander Member

In that case there wouldn't be much point in any of us being here discussing anything. :p

2. BlackLightning

To be honest, it seems you guys are complaining that the show isn't going in the direction YOU want it to go.

My question is why? Why do you want it to go in a certain direction and why is this not good enough for you?

Why are you guys spazzing out about Daryl walking into a trap? I would say that he's not Superman, but that implies that Superman doesn't walk into traps. SPOILER ALERT.

But back on topic: Daryl is a human being who makes mistakes. Denise meant a lot to him (and Rosita). And it's perfectly in character for him to wake up and decide to go off on his own in order to hunt down the people responsible.

Good God above, sometimes I wonder if I'm watching the same show.

3. AAG331

AAG331 Member

The humans have not removed the zombie threat at all. They've just secured places for them to live in security, like Alexandria's or Woodbury's walls, The Prison's fences, etc. Just because they've been able to do things like herding walkers doesn't mean the zombie threat is largely removed. They've just adapted to how their environment works now.

I agree that The Prison community was fun while it lasted. Hopefully I can get more of a community vibe from Alexandria in Season 7, because I found that quite lacking. And I understand missing certain characters, as do I. That's why I am caring for the secondary characters that show up, like Tobin and Bruce.

I think the Saviors put up pretty formidable resistance in every appearance they've been in tbh.

Why would any of the Saviors want to leave the group? They wouldn't want to leave when they have access to tons of supplies and food, something that is quite scare in the outside. And added on to the fact that that may be the only way to keep their families safe, if they have one that is. Like Dr. Stevens said: " as bad as it gets, it's better in here than it is out there".

#63 AAG331, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  4. AAG331

AAG331 Member

I agree. Never once did I see you state your opinion as a cold, hard fact. Your simply a loud-opinionated motherf*cker, which I most definitely am too. The whole "if your not a writer you can't criticize" is just a cop-out because they can't think of anything to counter another's argument.

5. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah :) That is the charm with it all, we all have our view points and it shows that in the end the show can be portrayed in many diffrent ways. There is more to it than just plain boring action! Yeah, a cop-out it is. I see what kind of point he tries to bring forward but I do not think it is valid as an arguement.

6. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Of course not. And RIP Hershel! Prison seasons was pretty nice.

I think it goes both ways, some would leave Saviours some would stay. If Wade was part of them, clearly Dwight wanted out. So it is not all sunshine and rainbows in the factory they hang out in. What a depressive place they live in! But we wait and see. If I could pick I probably go for any community but The Saviours :)

7. AAG331

AAG331 Member

Oh man, I completely forgot about Dwight leaving the Saviors. Whoops.

But yeah, living with the Saviors seems like a horrible deal. But maybe the Saviors treat their own just fine, and outsiders are the ones that are gonna have something to fear. Even places like Woodbury, while a police state, still treated it's citizens well.

8. white_canary

white_canary New Member

I think it was supposed to show that Daryl was so pissed about everything that happened that he wasn't acting right and was being stupid. If you have ever been so pissed that it's difficult to function appropriately, you can understand that. Especially in the Zombie Apocalypse! :zombies_confused:

9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah I guess. It just came of as such a miserable place and with so many really twisted and bad human beings in the comics.

10. white_canary

white_canary New Member

Yes!!! Thank you! This started when he first met Dwight! Daryl helped Dwight even through all the shit when they first met. Then Dwight had the nerve to do what he did. Then he killed a woman who Daryl was trying NOT to bond with, but still did. WITH HIS CROSSBOW!!! Right in front of him. It's messed up, Daryl should want to kill him. You don't always act smart when dealt this kind of hand!

11. FutureApocalyps

I thought the same. Daryl being tracked while tracking? That's not the Daryl I've become familiar with through the years.

12. BlackLightning

I don't think Dwight and that other Savior were tracking Daryl and Rosita. I think they were just lying in wait.

Besides, Daryl clearly wasn't paying attention. And Glenn and Michonne were clearly trying to warn him but he took too long to catch on.

13. el_hombre

el_hombre Member

We never DID find out if that cookie tasted better than it looked.
    Because it looked like shit.
    Or at least that's what I heard...

14. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Absolutely. I completely agree. If Daryl goes out and you can't stop him inside Alexandria then that's his choice. You stay put and hope for that he makes it back. I was kept saying to the tv, "Where's everyone going? What are you doing? You know better than this!"

15. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

That's exactly why I never thought he was going after Carol. He wanted to right what he felt was a huge mistake of letting Dwight live again. Looks like Dwight has seriously brought that mistake full circle.

16. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

I can't speak for others, but what annoyed me about his decision was that right now he doesn't have the luxury of a personal vendetta. But it's not like Daryl was the only character wandering with his own agenda. Daryl, Glenn, Michonne, Rosita, Rick, Morgan, and Carol all had good motives behind their actions. But it also seemed weird and out-of-character that they'd all be gone on personal business when they should have been fortifying Alexandria, scouting the Saviors, or even going on the offensive. So, I think there is a cumulative effect at work.

17. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I found the whole scenario of Daryl running off to be the unbelievable part myself. That was out of character. As others have already said, Daryl and Denise had no real attachment. I think the only real scene they've ever shared together was the INCREDIBLY awkward and unnecessarily long scene about the orange soda from a few episodes back.

Daryl ran off looking for Beth because they'd been together since nearly the beginning, and they were alone together for some length of time after the prison fell. They had a bond. It made sense. I could see Daryl going after Carol because they've clearly had a very real bond for a long time now. But Denise? I don't know about that.

edit - For that matter, I found it weird that half the cast left ASZ for the day. Daryl, Rosita, Michonne, Glenn, Rick, and Morgan all left. With Carol already gone, they had a ton of their best fighters away from home for the whole day. I get that they all had their personal agendas, but they were incredibly foolish ones.

#77 QuantumCurt, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
  18. Maevar

Maevar Member

I guess I have some credibility, then.

I don't agree with the entire assessment. Take Carol's storyline, for instance. I'm not surprised because even when she was at her hardest, we could see she was repressing the emotional toll. Her turn was inevitable, I think. However, lazy writing has lowered the capabilities of the survivors to make them vulnerable to the saviors. Good writing would have created the saviors with abilities that rise to the level of the survivors so that they become a realistic threat, even within a world of zombies. I'm pretty good at suspending belief, but I couldn't do it while watching Michonne, Glenn, and Rosita walk through that area as if they were out on a stroll. The characters we know - they know better!

It's a fair complaint.

19. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Although I found elements of this episode frustrating (one being Daryl running off like that) it didn't seem out of character at all.
    He should (and does) know better, but like he said, he HAD to do it.
    Daryl has always been rash, impulsive and persistent. It's how he tries to regain control when he's in a bad situation.
    During the scene, I was reminded of the "old" Daryl who insisted on going back for Merle, who was looking for Beth, who searched relentlessly for Sophia, who would have gone after Carol the first time if the Gov had not shown up at the prison.
    Someone already pointed out that we know Daryl felt responsible for the fall of the prison and death of Herschel because he didn't find the Gov and kill him- he doesn't want to make that mistake again.
    And Dwight! God I dispise him and am so sick of him getting the better of our group. Just imagine the hatred Daryl must have for that sh*t head! Basically, he let his emotions get the better of him, made some reckless decisions and royally f*cked up.

20. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Two frustrations for me:
    1) it seems that when they go outside on a mission or something, they often act like they are doing a picnic trip. I mean, eg, in last episode, Dary/Rosita/Denise argued and yelled openly at the railtrack, creating noise that can be heard far away. Little sense of stealth and alertness. Now in this episode, Glenn/Daryl/Michonne talked loudly in the woods where they are tracking human enemies and should be kept as quiet as possible. And guess what, they got ambushed both times!

2) When Daryl tracked Dwight wife and her sister, they were used as bait and got his attention so that Dwight ambushed him from behind and captured him. This time, it happens again. Glenn and Michonne were used as bait by Dwight and Daryl got ambushed again! Looks like this is Dwight's specialty of using bait-and-ambush. Shouldn't Daryl learn and know better?