Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The Finale Solution

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Zed Sanford, May 6, 2016.

1. Zed Sanford

Zed Sanford Member

Ok...I've been pretty indifferent about TWD since the cliffhanger episode and really haven't been following in the forums lately. As such, forgive me if this has been brought up.

I just read Kirkman's letter to the fans, and it doesn't seem like it does anything to appease the angry fanbase. I'd like to propose the following solution which would both appease the fanbase AND make a ton of money for the series.

Finish filming the first episode and show it in July. Think about it. First, it's guaranteed to appease the fan base and even establish some more loyalty within its audience. More importantly to the network, it's an unprecedented move which will generate an unbelievable amount of buzz/hype and even attract new viewers. It's a win-win situation.

Even though it's my idea, I'll let AMC pick the day in July they want to air the episode. Some sort of bonus check or prize would be nice though.

2. Znuts

Znuts Member

That sounds nice and all, but then that would take out a lot of steam for the first episode that airs in the fall. The whole reason they did it this way was to make sure even the people that are deeply upset by the season finale will tune in for the season 7 premier, just to find out who was killed. AMC will get massive ratings for the season premier this way and use this to justify to their bosses why they should get season 8.

3. Cinest

Cinest Member

If the cliffhanger has angered the fan base.

I can't wait to see the trailers for season 7. Due to the cliffhanger, the trailers are going to be vague as can be. Probably just a bunch of smiling Negan.

4. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

So true. As pissed off as those of us that love this show were after that finale, we will be there for that S7 premier. Just as the S6 premier was, it will be the highest rated premier of the series.

6. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I said that too. We most likely won't see shots of many of characters in action during those trailers. I mean the characters who were on their knees in the finale. Because everybody they show during the trailers will reveal who survived that night.

7. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

And the headlines for that move would be that AMC and the panicked creators of TWD are rushing an episode out to salvage their show.

What's done is done now. Some people won't come back to watch in October. Most will, but there will be a varying levels of interest for the premiere. For me it's just another show now.

The problem though is greater than just the finale. Any show is allowed mistakes by most fans. Game of Thrones is my favorite show right now and they had this horrible story arc in Dorne last season.

Many of us gave TWD a pass with what they did with Andrea because at the time the overall narrative of the show was compelling. We weren't happy but we moved on.

Recently the show has gone off track. This year we had the whole Glenn dumpster dive and the sense of impending doom is off the show. None of the characters from Ricks core group even died this season. So when they pulled the whole "cliffhanger" it highlighted some of these recent flaws in the show. If the journey to the finale had been better I might have given them a pass if what had come before it had been better, even if I wasn't happy with how they butchered the comic scene.

But no fear, Kirkman says we need to be EXCITED about Season 7. Haha

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

9. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I second that No.

10. BlackLightning

I don't think it's a good idea.

11. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

They should add another 15 minutes to the end of 616, showing who got Lucilled and whatever else happened in the comic.

It won't really fix things, but it will bring 616 in line with the comic.

12. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

There is no solution...The fan base got Lucilled. The end!

13. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

They should just Lucille themselves.

14. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I think everyone would forgive the cliffhanger, if Rick woke up in Morgan's house and it was all a dream. So then he has to start over again not knowing if all the things he dreamt about would actually happen. I really think dream sequences are popular and would make everyone forget about this wretched cliff hanger.

[​IMG]

15. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

There's no way they are going to give us an early showing.It would be cool as a fan, but not going to happen I enjoy watching reaction compilation videos on Youtube, and they all ended with people saying the same thing. Lots of F bombs followed by..huh, we're going to have to wait until October??..The fact that so many fans reacted so passionately is a testament to the notion that they have us by gnads and know we'll all be back to watch the premiere...because we all are in fact, myself included, waiting for Oc-effing-tober.

To quote Rick...this is the hand we've been dealt

16. DragonRacer

Please tell me I'm not the only person who misreads this thread title and cringes a bit every time?

17. DragonRacer

Oh, and this...

[​IMG]

18. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

19. DragonRacer

Did you check your "crystal balls" before making that prediction?

20. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes, but i borrowed someone else's...