Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The freezer & bad smell

Discussion in 'Episode 302 - Sick' started by Cat Devnull, Oct 22, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Cat Devnull

Cat Devnull New Member

Shit stinks.. anyone who's changed a diaper knows this.

I've never smelled but I hear that rotting human flesh is 10 times worse smelling than feces. If that's the case, why did Rick almost wretch over smelling the prisoner's bathroom (freezer) while smelly zombies were just outside the door and their scent was likely all over the room & prison.

Do zombies not smell like rotting flesh?

#1 Cat Devnull, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

There's a big difference between a fresh baby's diaper and over ten months of collected adult feces in an air tight room...

But yeah....there have been multiple references to the walkers smelling.

3. AVC

AVC Member

Maybe the metabolic change the humans go thru when they "zombify" slows the decomposition process. It would have to, or the the zombies would be blown up like balloons within a week.

Still, cool room full of shit sure would stink...

4. Metalhead

Metalhead Member

Man the answer is simple.
    The survivors and Rick are used to the horrible smell of Walkers, but they never really stumbled upon a human shit freezer, so the smell and SIGHT of feces and urine is going to **** with his sensory nerves. Also, the same explanation that prisoners are okay with the smell every time they go in to take a shit, they are used to it.

5. Chreees

Chreees Member

I have to agree with you on this.

6. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Personally that would be the most stressfull thing to put up with if society as we know it went to hell, no hot showers & no working lavatories... The thought of having to go camping forever is worse than zombies for me.. :zombies_censored:

7. Z_Splatter

Z_Splatter Member

LOL, I agree.

8. Morpheus Barker

I wouldn't mind going to the bathroom in random places...I would mind though if a Walker showed up right when I was taking a huge shit.

9. HockeyMomChris

HockeyMomChris Active Member

Well, it's either get used to it or die. Shit sucks but humans adapt. Those who don't become zombie fodder. :zombies_lol:

10. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

Completely agree. That's a very good point.

11. Daniel Day

Daniel Day Member

You are correct, rotting flesh smells horrible. I have ran on several 3-4 day old bodies and they will make you gag/vomit but nothin compare to a GI(gastrointestinal) bleed. Once you have smelled it you will never forget it and you can smell it as soon as you walk into a patient's house. I imagine a hot walk-in cooler(remember, no electricity in the ZA) smells quite the same way if not worse.

#11 Daniel Day, Oct 25, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  12. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I'll tell you all something that stinks. Skunk spray when it's right in your face. Smelling a skunk close by or a dog that's been sprayed is nothing. I was climbing out of a creek one time and as I pulled myself up over the embankment a skunk sprayed me right in the face from around 6-8 inches away. That will stop anyone in their tracks. It blinded me and made me instantly puke. Plus skunk spray burns. It took a week to get the stink completely out of my hair, and it stayed in my sinuses for months. I had to burn the clothes I was wearing.

13. Creepy

Creepy Member

Fortunately for our group of survivors they all have perfect vision. If I lost my contact lenses I'd be screwed! I wouldn't last long squinting my way thru a ZA.

14. gLorfindeL

gLorfindeL Active Member

I bet big tiny's shit of one time smells worse than any rotten corpse. and ten months of it? Rick is lucky he didnt explode.

15. theNextmrsGrimes

theNextmrsGrimes Active Member

You have never smelled my mother-in-law's cooking.