Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The future of Magglen

Discussion in 'Episode 209 - Triggerfinger' started by Fresh Meat, Feb 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Fresh Meat

Fresh Meat New Member

Hey all, first post on these forums, I figured I'd bring up something that hasn't been talked about too much..

What's the general consensus on the future of Glen and Maggie? Not the most manly of topics but if I'm going to talk relationship drama, I'd much rather discuss Maggie over Lori =D

Anyway, I see the two going through a lull for a couple of episodes until Glen pulls through and does something heroic, making the audience pause and think "dam Glen is a boss.." Allow me to paint a picture. The farm is finally hit by both fronts, living and dead. Amidst the turmoil, some sleezebags from the Phili crew manage to kidnap Maggie (kinda like what happened to Glen in season 1). While the rest of the group stays and fends off the dead, Glen gives chase to the living camp, gives his best Rambo impression, and comes away with the girl :zombies_cuinlove:

Yes, this is farfetched, but lets give these two some love! Thoughts?

2. boutte

boutte Active Member

I think Glenn is already pretty heroic. Yeah he froze up in his first gunfight but I think that's pretty understandable. He's definitely not a coward. He and Maggie should be a great couple.

3. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

My guess or hopes would be they all pack up and leave...including Hershel and his kids.

4. Zombie Lover

Zombie Lover Active Member

I think they've moved too quickly with the romance. I would've preferred they stay at the UST stage a bit longer. Now that they've shagged, there isn't a lot really those two have in common besides phsical attraction.

I could take it or leave it. Don't hate it, don't love it, it just is.

5. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

I think Maggie is moving too fast and is making Glenn a weaker person. Glenn from the early episodes, season 1, was kick ass...now that Maggie has come into light, his character has changed. For the sake of Glenn, I hope they don't go much further. Glenn was the man in season 1.

6. GreekSalads

GreekSalads Active Member

I definitely agree with this. I don't want to see Glenn duck and cover all the time because he has too much feelings for Maggie. He's gotta be like Rick where he is in risky situations yet protecting Lori and Carl.

7. Duzy

Duzy Active Member

If Glenn can just change his motivation around when he goes on missions. Instead of thinking, OMG she will be devastated if I don't come home, he should be thinking, I'm so gonna get laid when I get home, he would be just fine. :zombies_lol:

8. z0mbi3 k1ng

z0mbi3 k1ng Member

Please....

No more amalgamations. Leave it in the Jersey Shore forum.

9. Fresh Meat

Fresh Meat New Member

I wasn't aware I had to forfeit my sense of humor when i registered.. Thanks for the contribution to the thread though.

10. Al Davis is back

I'll throw one out for kicks and giggles.

Glenn goes back to the pharmacy to get some supplies for the amputee kid. He is surprised by a group who are searching for their lost member named Randall. Glenn plays it off as knowing nothing. The group invites him to go back with them and he goes for recon. He surprisingly hooks up with Jane (thats the name the three guys were talking about outside the bar). She is eager to spend some alone time with Glenn. They do an "
    amalgamation" in the sheets. (lol)
    He sneaks out in the middle of night and returns to a worried but...uh fervid Maggie.

Next episode: the two groups meet at the farm and shots are fired. Glenn has to make a choice and shoots Maggie in the back of the head. He then runs off with Jane and their group.

11. Zombie Lover

OK that is funny ... I did LOL!

12. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

Glen and Maggie make a good couple. Although I think they moved to fast as far as sexually. Maggie is a little clingy with Glen though and I don't want her changing him because of that.

13. marsyao

marsyao Member

In the Comic, their relationship in the farm were more casual, "The world is going to hell, and we can die at any moment, so why not have some fun?", that of course makes total sense They really fell in love to each other in the prison.

14. McNaMaradona13

McNaMaradona13 New Member

Dont compare the show to the comics, they have already strayed so far from it so it doesnt matter anymore.

But on the topic, i agree with the Rambo idea. I think when the shit hits the fan at the end of the season, aka the zombie and other group arrive at the farm, Maggie some how gets seperated from everyone and Glen does a Lt. Spears run (any Band of Brothers fans) through mad walkers to save her. Of course this complete and total badass saving of Maggie will be ruined when he drops an "I'll never let go Jack" type line after it. lol

15. Zombie Lover

I hope that Maggie doesnt hold Glen back, in one episode she mentioned that he has strong leadership qualities and was acctually helping to build up his confidence. Im hoping she has a good sit down with him to clear his mind I'm sure she understands that he is a great scavanger and can get things that will help her and her family, ultimatley (if she lives) she will be as close to the group as he is.

#15 Zombie Lover, Feb 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2012
  16. Zombie Lover

I think people courting is more interesting than when they actually become permanent in a relationship. So I'd like to see Glenn and Maggie throttle it back for a while.

If they become 'old marrieds' that just doesn't make interesting screenplay.