Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The girl can DRINK!

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by Lolly92660, Mar 3, 2014.

1. RicksDick

RicksDick Member

well my apologies, my intent was not to be hostile at all.

my fear was that he was trolling this awesome forum.

I will watch how I type future replies.

2. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

it doesn't taste bad it is just thicker

#22 Jenhaynes909, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  3. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I didn't buy that either, it kind of broke my focus when I kept thinking she's gonna upchuck but she didn't.

I think the secret is eat mud snake, and you can handle all the liquor you need. Must be the venom. Seriously though, if I just ate wild snake, I'm not sure the taste of Moonshine would phase me.

#23 Spidey, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  4. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

OK kids, school is in session!

This is a mud snake:

[​IMG]

This is an eastern diamondback rattlesnake:

[​IMG]

Don't know why Beth called that sucker a mud snake when it was clearly a rattlesnake. And since mud snakes aren't venomous, she wasn't giving Daryl full awesomeness points for killing a bad mother effer.

5. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Haha wow, thanks for the clarification =D it does give daryl extra awesome points!

6. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member

Yeah especially is moonshine supposed to drop you if you never had a drip of alcohol before:zombies_confused:

7. hellobeasty

hellobeasty Member

Beautiful babies!! Props for doing the research and giving us these lovely pics :) I didn't think twice about what Beth said, just figured it was some southern slang I hadn't heard before. (maybe, you think?)

As for alcohol consumption.. I am willing to suspend disbelief on Beth's part simply because intoxication was necessary to the plot. I believe Daryl's performance... I think Beth would have died, lol. Skinny little girl like that? I've had fruity flavored moonshine that was pretty decent... but I don't think I could stomach raw, home-brewed, deep south shine like that.. much less sip it all night. The thought makes me shudder.

8. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

When she said that I was wondering if they coated it with mud before cooking to somehow aid in cooking process. . I didnt know there was a mud snake.

9. zeroli34

zeroli34 New Member

Never tasted US moonshine, but tried the Italian version called "grappa", 3 glasses later, i had double vision. That girl should have been smashed!

10. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

It's perfectly plausible that it was well-made and smooth moonshine. It's basically sold on street corners around here and 9 out of 10 of the makers know what they're doing. Hell....the local chief of police is one of the biggest and best moonshine dealers around here. :zombies_lol:

11. MainEvent

MainEvent Member

At multiple times throughout the episode, I thought Beth might've been lying about never having alcohol before. Especially when Daryl asked her how she knew the 'I never' drinking game and she said her friends used to play it and she just watched.. I don't believe somebody that age would just sit and watch while her friends are playing a drinking game and not want to join in on the fun.. :beer:

But I'm sure I'm looking too far into this, Beth was a good, nice girl who would've never done anything her parents didn't approve of when we first saw her in season 2.

And even if she had a drink or two before her drink-yourself-silly-and-burn-everything-down-party with mr. Dixon, it's still crazy how well she handled all that moonshine. I would've thrown up after the first sip at that age

12. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I suppose that somehow a joke can be fashioned about how Beth inherited her father's hollow leg.

13. Mongo23

Mongo23 New Member

I'm with you on that. Grappa is some awful stuff. Moscato too.....awful stuff. Get that girl some Jagermeister and do it proper.

14. MassiveDynamic

MassiveDynamic La Jiggy Jar Jar Doo

yeah i really thought that was unrealistic to be honest. they were playing drinking games like they were drinking beer. no way would they have be that functional drinking that much moonshine.

15. Cons72

Cons72 Member

They probably should have given her some real moonshine off camera so she would know how to react. Or at least someone on set should have had real moonshine at some point in their life to direct the scene properly.

I have never seen anyone react that casually or gracefully to a drink of moonshine, especially their first drink.

16. Caryl

Caryl Member

Oh god! Jagermeister brings up horrible memories. To this day I cannot touch the stuff. same goes for this vile liquor called Tuaca. Came up as fast as it went down. Does anyone remember Goldschlager? It was always a crap shoot as to whether or not the gold flakes would tickle my gag reflex lol.

17. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I believe it...my parents were pretty strict when i was in HS and i also never really had the desire to drink until i was 18-19 so i watched many drinking games and i was the DD many times for my minor drunk friends. lol

18. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

I once knew an old man that could make shine that tasted like sweet apple cider. Didn't even know you were dinkin' alcohol it was so smooth. He called it liquid apple pie. I wont even tell you what poof it was. I can also cook up a pretty smooth brew, though I'm not even close to as good as that old boy was.

19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

To those that think Schnapps in the states are not as potent......try Rumple Minze. Nuff said. :p

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Ok nevermind....it's imported. Thank you Google. :p