Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The girl Negan offered Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by jackson04, Nov 7, 2016.

1. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Negan offered Dwight a girl to "spend time" with for breaking Daryl. He said it would be just like the old times. Do you think he was meaning Sherry? And just testing Dwight?

Negan sure keeps Sherry cleaned up good.

2. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Okay, was just wondering if Negan was serious since Sherry is now his wife. Or if he was just testing Dwight.

4. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

5. mistertrouble189

mistertrouble189 Well-Known Member

I think Negan was genuinely letting Dwight have a chance to bang one of his wives/the girls but I think Dwight is still faithful to Sherry but won't show it/ashamed that she is now Negan's "wife". Dwight didn't want anyone or Sherry to show that he still loves her, making her a target should Negan need to further intimidate/hurt Dwight.

6. Lolly92660

Lolly92660 Member

I agree with @mistertrouble189. I don't recall the exact wording, but I don't think Negan specifically offered Sherry to Dwight - he could choose any woman as long as she was willing (how chivalrous!). Dwight declines probably because he only wants Sherry but knows that would be a stupid thing to do considering Negan's apparent preference for Sherry.

7. QuantumCurt

QuantumCurt Member

I think he originally jokingly offered him Sherry "for old times sake", as he put it, but then offered to let him have his pick of the girls there, assuming that they said yes.

I mean...Negan might be a psychopath, but at least he understands the importance of consent? Kind of?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Spartangal22

Spartangal22 Member

I think Negan offered Sherry, then offered all of the, assuming that Dwight would just want to sleep around and have no emotions involved, like Negan. It was a moment to show that Dwight is not like Negan. For him, having his "pick of the girls" was distasteful, and treating Sherry like she was a reward or a prize was too. Negan was clearly annoyed that Dwight turned down what he considered to be a kind offer, since he himself doesn't view any of it as wrong.

9. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

Negan offered Dwight any girl that said yes. But Negan being the clever bastard he is, knows only Sherry would say yes to him (Would a random girl he doesn't know really say yes to a a rude jerk guy with half a burned face? Doubtful) So he was testing Dwight because they both know only Sherry would say yes so it was a test to see if he wanted to be with Sherry.

10. BulletofBullets

BulletofBullets Active Member

He should've taken up the offer and given her a positive test!

11. EvieE

EvieE Member

I think it was definitely a test

12. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

I have no clue, way I see things is you never know with either of those two, one's a snake and the other a punk.

13. BlackLightning

Negan gave Dwight a free pass to have sex with any woman in the Sanctuary. Like everyone else said, Negan was testing him. #1 reason is obvious: Sherry. #2 reason is that Negan wanted to see how committed Dwight was to the jobs of breaking Daryl and bringing back his old friend Gordon.

Personally, I don't think the TV version of Negan has the same ridiculously inconsistent anti-rape hang-up that the comic book Negan has. Going further, I'm not sure TV Negan even cares all that much.

But I do think that TV Negan has a special appreciation for "law and order." One good way to avoid mutiny and chaos is to not (openly) invite rape and sexual assault into the Sanctuary. Especially not among his army, the Saviors.

But then again, Negan and his system are really backwards. Negan claims that he only "wants ass that is willing" but he blackmails and swindles women into his bed. And then he pimps out and objectifies all women who aren't part of a protected class (i.e. his harem, the Saviors).

So I can see Negan overlooking isolated or "deserved" cases of sexual assault and rape.

#13 BlackLightning, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

A public stance of one thing that keeps order and private stance of another. Highly machiavellian.

He's a really good villain so far, very psychological.

15. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Exactly- this is how he rules the roost.

16. Znuts

Znuts Member

Yes, Negan was testing Dwight. If Dwight said yes, then Negan would know that Dwight wasn't completely on board and probably would have killed Dwight and possibly Sherry too.

17. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

Sherry does look in good condition. I am guessing Negan polishes her every night.

18. BlackLightning

You know what Negan reminds me of? Real life medieval (and not-so medieval) kings. Powerful kings (and queens) that were absolutely vicious and disgusting but who were smart about when, how and to whom to be vicious.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Negan was a salesman, a psychiatrist, a coach or a counselor in his pre-apocalyptic life.

That said, I'm glad TV Negan is turning out to be completely different from Comic Negan. Comic Negan is a cartoony, circus act who is wildly unpredictable and not that intelligent: that wouldn't work on TV for a lot of different reasons.

So I don't think TV Negan is hypocritically anti-rape like he is in the comics. I think that in more than just a few cases of sexual violence and harassment, Negan will look the other way. Especially if the victim broke the rules or if Negan has a personal problem with the victim.

19. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Yep.

If you have never read "The Prince" by Nicolo Machiavelli -- give it a read. Negan rules the flock utilizing the more nefarious side of the tactics discussed in that book. The book is 500 years old and still describes the model of how leaders operate in the modern times, both good leaders and evil leaders, to the detail.

I'm really happy to see them fleshing out Negan as such a diverse character. I love psychology.

20. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Yes, on all 3 points.