Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The girl Negan offered Dwight

Discussion in 'Episode 703 - The Cell' started by jackson04, Nov 7, 2016.

1. BlackLightning

I haven't read it in full. Even though I've done my little bit of study, this seems like a good time to do so.

I'm impressed with what they have done with Negan so far. To tell you the truth, in the beginning, I was not looking forward to the arrival of Negan. At all.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

We need to remember that Negan thought something of women S5- Paula and her bad a$$ cohorts.
    Mir doesn't mean that he respected them, but they're not baby makers.

3. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

If Paula was a leader of a small unit, by default it means there was a measure of respect of her abilities to conduct operation and she certainly was no feminine snow flake like Sherry. But respect with him is what he can get out of someone and he doesn't respect his male subordinates as anything more than tools themselves.

As well he requires consent from his breeding tool "wives" -- whether legitimate or manipulated.

The fact that he's not a black and white character is ideal after we've had one dimensional villains since the Gov, it's really turning out well. We can speculate about his internal motivations, but we're going to have to see it play out to get a full picture and it's going to have a lot of curve balls in it.

4. BlackLightning

I think that you have to be more specific than that.

Not every women who is under Negan's direct rule (AKA part of the Saviors' camp) are Negan's baby-makers. To Negan, that's all that matters: whether or not they are his.

It is a big improvement (or should I say, a welcome change) of the comics. I don't think there were any female Saviors - and by Saviors, I mean the tough guys and the warriors in Negan's caste system.

Exactly.

There are more than just a few people who would have you burned at the stake for what you are implying about manipulated/coerced consent.

Is it weird that both I despise and respect Negan? The character has continuously impressed me. The last TV villain that made me feel this way was Tywin Lannister from Game of Thrones. He's bad to the bone but he's such a intelligent, unassumingly practical, well-oiled machine of a character, I constantly found myself admiring him.

5. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

How do we really know that Negan is not an equal opportunity Murdering Bastard anyway?

If there are women that show an aptitude for the mayhem that he requires and he has no "Conflict" with his purposes for them why would he not have a Woman running an outpost group then,like Paula & Co.?

On the other hand from what Paula said herself she was not in charge naybe but it was her home and the man that filled her bed lived there too but they were just out when it all went down there or they got out as it happened but we do not know the details yet of the way the organization works either?

So I hope we might be surprised more as this unfolds with the Saviors!

#25 EZD, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  6. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

It's now been many months since I first binge-read the comics, but Tara and Laura seemed to at least play some kind of no-nonsense role within the Saviors. I remember Tara being the one constantly threatening to castrate folks with her knife (I think she may have even been one of the Saviors who confronted Jesus), and Laura eventually teams up with Dwight down the road (so possible she already had Savior experience before that team-up?).

7. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

Paula was definitely not the leader of the outpost, but she was 100% in charge of that group that was out doing whatever and came upon Carol and Maggie. Paula was the one making orders on the walkie to the back up and Paula made every decision they made. She was an officer level Savior at the least.

Paula and Molls were tough and icey. Michelle as well was no softie.

The man that filled her bed was the Savior that was shot and with them in that group and he definitely was not in charge of that group.

Seeing a woman run one of the outposts wouldn't be a surprise. Negan seems to sexually like the feminine girly-girls, but puts any of the tough women to field work without gender preferences.

8. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I wouldn't believe the "consent" for a hot second.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Ionut

Ionut Active Member

No, but it's his public face.