Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

The glass window gaff at the end

Discussion in 'Episode 816 - Wrath' started by Ubiq, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Ubiq

Ubiq Active Member

Hey, did anyone notice that after Rick broke the glass hanging off the tree to slash Negan, that the window magically repaired itself at the end of the episode when Rick was kneeling on the ground for forgiveness? This went by really fast if anybody here caught that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Haha I saw it and pointed it out to my fiancee

• Like Like x 1
  3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Once it was broken, I think it stayed broken. There were 2 of them.

4. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Both were intact

5. Neuropyramidal

Hmmm, I went back to look and couldn't find that. There was one time when it kind of looked intact, but that's because the you could see something dark through the hole, so it made the hole look almost the same color as the glass. Maybe I missed it, i'll check again later, but I couldn't find a spot where both were intact again.

And a mistake like that would require that they for some reason filmed a very small portion of that scene before the scene where Rick shot the glass and everything else. It seems odd they would do that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

It was right at the end... the same scene we've seen in the first and ninth episode under the tree after mercy and wrath saying

• Like Like x 1
  7. Neuropyramidal

Oh i'll have to go back and check again.

8. Neuropyramidal

If you mean the scene a couple minutes after everything, when he is sitting against the tree and whispering the mercy/wrath thing, and then in pans out, its still broken there. Its harder to tell, because at that angle you're not seeing sky through the hole, but rather the background of distant trees. Their color almost matches the glass, filling in the hole, but if you look close you can still see the outline of the break.

Unless you mean another scene.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I think that's the one I'll have to reach tomorrow

10. Franco

Franco New Member

Can anyone tell me what those windows were doing there and who put them there? What was there purpose? A lone tree with windows in the middle of a field?

I liked how Negan ran like a scared little mouse. Left his people behind. The governor would have stayed but first would have killed Eugene in the middle of it, then killed his own people that ran and then Rick wouldn't have to have had to look for the Governor, because the Governor would have been looking for Rick.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It looks like a decoration to me, probably someones old farmland or atleast field for animals. Maybe someone who liked to sit up there on a chair, drinking tea or lemonade, maybe reading, or just enjoying the view or painting. A remenant of the old days when I see that. Would probably be an wonderful spot back in the "Old" day before the Walker Apocalypse. I love this about the Walking Dead how you still can see the "normal" times here and there, left overs from a collapsed society that could not keep away the dangers that cracked the so weak exterior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. DragonRacer

DragonRacer Well-Known Member

This is also my assumption. These appear to be large sun-catchers and was probably someone's chill spot before the world ended.

13. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Very odd placement though. Hey, I think I will hang some stained glass windows out in the middle of nowhere. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DragonRacer

It's definitely unconventional. But if you take a drive out in farm country, it's not really that uncommon to see some relatively unconventional things.

I really didn't bat an eye at that. It could've been a farm in Hastings, Florida, honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Neuropyramidal

Right, this is the same thing I assumed about the windows. I live adjacent to Amish country, and I drive through the Amish/farm area frequently. Its not uncommon to see decorations hanging from trees. There is a tree off a major highway near here that has the fender of a car hanging from it, that has been painted with artwork.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Reina

Reina Active Member

Could be where they once held weddings pre ZA. Or sacrifices.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I live in Sweden myself, 15 minutes from Denmark aswell and people do all kind of weird things. Even seen May-poles stand on a place for months, even years. Just drying up.

I am pretty sure this was someones land and they decorated it. Looks cozy and I would love to sit there, looking over nature in the evenings. Makes me wish I had a country side house. I once heard of this crazy painter hiring a house in a woody region, he sat on a chair, drawing paintings with 3 big bulls around him that would come up to him and sniff and lick on him, but he just sat there, painting.

I imagine something the same now with this place, lol!

• Like Like x 1
  18. DragonRacer

I have remembered a great example.

So, on a particular county road leading into Starke on the way to Gainesville, there is a house. I have traveled this route at least 4-6 times per year for the past 15+ years as it's the way to go watch my beloved Florida Gators play football in the fall.

Along this road are some fairly... let's say "disheveled"... houses on acres of land... these are on the outskirts of the little town of Starke.

One house, in particular, has a low-lying wooden fence. Upon each fence post is a random-ass thing. And I mean Random. Ass. Thing. A tricycle is on one. Car door on another. Just junkyard decorations, really, on each fence post. It is incredibly bizarre and random.

And so incredibly country/farm life.

It's not the only such place with odd decorations, but it's the most bizarre of them.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

LMAO! Wow....

20. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

• Funny Funny x 1